PDA

View Full Version : Holiday decorations?

Cinderella
05-25-2003, 02:57 PM
Newbie here...
When do they start decorating the parks for the holidays? We're wanting to visit in Oct/Nov and wondering if we'll be able to see the beginnings of the trimmings. Is it worth postponing our travel a few weeks to see things decked out?

TIA for any help,
Cinder-Trina

EandCDad
05-25-2003, 02:59 PM
While this may not be as specific as you would like, the past few years they have had all the decorations up and most holiday events going by the first or second week in November. I haven't heard any dates for this year yet.

I would recommend going in mid-November as I think seeing the Park in holiday glory is pretty great and the crowds aren't as bad as they sometimes get in December.

CarlieB
05-25-2003, 03:11 PM
I've heard that by mid-November they should be up. We are going to be at DL from the 13th to the 16th of November and I am really hoping that most of the decorations, etc should be up by then.

Not Afraid
05-25-2003, 03:28 PM
The interesting thing about the holiday decorations is that they sort of appear overnight. The night they bring tree in is also when the majority of the decor is installed. I don't know how they do it, but those elves are sure busy!;)

10krbell
05-25-2003, 05:10 PM
Ah yes, the park at the Holidays...the *best* time to visit! I simply cannot get into the Holiday spirit without a trip to DL at Christmas time...seriously, I am so addicted that we actually took a trip last Nov 16 - 18th, I was 8 months pregnant at the time and it was the absolute last weekend my Dr would let me travel out of AZ!

But I digress...decorations usually go about 2nd week of November. The Parade usually doesn't start until the week of Thanksgiving. But honestly, all you (or I) need is the decorations! The week before Thaksgiving is usually nice, and the first wek of December is also nice as far as crowds go!

mrs_toad
05-25-2003, 06:00 PM
Decorations were going up in the first week of November last year. I was at DL on my birthday, Nov. 4, and I have a picture of the X-mas tree. If you have never seen the park in all it's decorated glory, I would recommend waiting until the second or third week of November. It really is a breathtaking sight...and the first time is always the best, IMHO.

Cinderella
05-26-2003, 05:13 PM
Wow! Thanks for the great responses.

What are the crowds like in
mid Oct
vs.
mid Nov??

In other words: Is it worth the potential extra crowds to see the holiday decos? I remember going to DL every Nov and loved the decos. I really want my kids to experience that, but don't want to torture them with excessive crowds.

TIA, Cinder-Trina

MickeyandMe
05-26-2003, 05:15 PM
Is December really a busy time to go? I was planning to take my family for about a week in December. Are there any particular days to avoid (besides the actual holidays of course!)? Is it really much slower to go in November versus December? We want to see all the decorations and the "snow".... Any thoughts or advice on the subject would be greatly appreciated! I have been tons of times during the rest of the year, but never made it during the holiday season. We usually go in late September/October or January/February and like the crowd size at that time.

Fantasmic Fan
05-26-2003, 05:54 PM
As the holidays approach, the crowds at the parks get much more crowded. The weekends are much much busier than a weekday, of course. The best time to visit the parks is during the middle of the week when everyone is in school or at work. The crowds are not as heavy during November compared to December. The month of December is just crazy! As stated in previous posting(s), the Christmas Fantasy Parade starts the weekend of Thanksgiving but prior to Thanksgiving...Haunted Mansion Holiday, X-mas fireworks, and the cookie decorating carts have all started. The best time to experience "The Merriest Place on Earth" is definitely mid-November.