PDA

View Full Version : AP website: Did I miss something?

fairestoneofall
05-13-2011, 08:23 PM
I've been trying to look at the hotel availability calendar for AP rates and it seems to have disappeared. It was there two weeks ago.

Was there some announcement? Did they move it? Anyone have any input?

quackinup
05-14-2011, 01:55 AM
Gone in mine too, but when I clicked on the Book Your Visit button at the top I got this

Our calendar is currently being updated and is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

fairestoneofall
05-14-2011, 05:18 AM
Gone in mine too, but when I clicked on the Book Your Visit button at the top I got this

Oh cool. Thank you.

r-we-there-yet
05-24-2011, 08:30 PM
Can you guys tell me what kind of savings you get with the AP on average with the DLH? We have been going 2-3 times a year and was wondering if I need to convert. We usually stay for a week at a time.

Thanks for the input.

Mermaid
05-24-2011, 08:53 PM
If you are going for a week 2-3 times a year, you would save money on tickets alone going the AP route. The Deluxe AP about the same cost as 2 3 day park hoppers, I think it is a little cheaper for the AP actually. You will want to look at blockout days if you go the Deluxe route (generally all major holidays and Saturdays March-August).

As far as hotels go, I think the standard discount is 10% so it is sometimes better to book with the general promotion. Other times, they have better deals for APs. You also get 10% off most food and merchandise with a Deluxe AP.

r-we-there-yet
05-24-2011, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the advice. Seems the days we usually go is the non-blocked days. I'm guessing those 10% add up after awhile.

fairestoneofall
05-25-2011, 05:56 AM
I really thought it was more thank 10%, but I'm not certain. I know it's different at different times. When I call to make reservations (which I do every 2-3 months) I always as for AP rates first and then if there is anything better than that rate available.