PDA

View Full Version : Dates/Prices of Halloween Party at Disneyland

Pages : [1] 2

currence
05-13-2011, 11:05 AM
The AP website now has information on the 2011 Halloween party. It appears to be largely the same information as last year, with the party taking place at Disneyland Park.

The event dates are Fridays & Tuesdays, beginning 9/30 through 10/28, with a final event on 10/31. All but the last two are $59 for AP holders at the door. A discount is available for 9/30 and Tuesdays in October. The last two dates are $64 for AP holders regardless of whether they buy in advance.

In the past, I thought that the prices posted said that they were the regular or gate price, this one says that it is an AP price at the door. Until they release more information, we won't know what the price for non-AP holders is though it will certainly not be any less than the AP prices.

The tickets are listed to go on sale "May 2012." I'm assuming that's a typographical error and they will be on sale later this month :)

CariBelle
05-13-2011, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the update currence!

shna
05-13-2011, 04:05 PM
Wow - thanks! I looked earlier today & the info wasn't there yet.

I'm bummed (but not surprised) that the party is in Disneyland again. I much preferred it at DCA, but I'm sure the construction over there right now would make that impractical. I hope it's back in DCA next year after Carsland opens!

Grrrr... tried to put in the party info, but couldn't get it to format correctly. :|

fairestoneofall
05-13-2011, 08:20 PM
I saw the information on the website too. DH and I looked at each other and announced in unison that we won't miss it this year.

currence
05-13-2011, 08:46 PM
I was planning on missing it this year - we went last year before our daughter turned 3 and I figured I would wait a few years until they could get more out of it. But we took my parents last year and now my dad wants to go again :)

fairestoneofall
05-14-2011, 05:21 AM
I was planning on missing it this year - we went last year before our daughter turned 3 and I figured I would wait a few years until they could get more out of it. But we took my parents last year and now my dad wants to go again :)
That's what we said two years ago when the boys were 2.5 and 3.5. They have both changed so much in the last year that we think they are ready for it. They will be 4.5 and 5.5 at Halloween. I really gauged it on how well they did at WDW earlier this month. They grow up way too fast.

3Princesses1Prince
05-15-2011, 11:21 PM
Loved the party in 2009 and looking forward to the WDW version this year. Though I'm sad to miss the party IN Disneyland.

ChurroGirl
05-16-2011, 12:38 AM
Thanks for the update!

It actually has made a big decision for us.

rickosuave1987
05-16-2011, 08:07 AM
Thanks for the update! I don't visit the DLR website all that often...

I took my nieces & nephew in 2009, but my sister & her family have moved up north so I doubt we will be making it this year, even though we had a lot of fun when we went.

lola2009
05-16-2011, 08:17 AM
Thanks for posting. Time to start thinking about costumes.

houseofmouse
05-16-2011, 09:58 AM
Are party days more crowded than no party days? Boy I would love to go one time, but with WDW in June next year, I doubt I can this time. :( My sister wants to go in October though and any info for her would be good.

rickosuave1987
05-16-2011, 10:06 AM
Are party days more crowded than no party days? Boy I would love to go one time, but with WDW in June next year, I doubt I can this time. :( My sister wants to go in October though and any info for her would be good.

The park is closed to all non-party goers for the event. If you have tickets, you can go into the park early and hang out until it starts. I think the park is probably less crowded than usual during the day, because people know they "close" early on party nights.

TIMBO
05-16-2011, 09:34 PM
In the past has it been one price for all ages or Adults/Children?

Malcon10t
05-16-2011, 09:40 PM
In the past has it been one price for all ages or Adults/Children?Yes.

TIMBO
05-17-2011, 08:46 AM
Yes.

LOL...Which one

currence
05-17-2011, 09:04 AM
One price for all ages

TIMBO
05-18-2011, 03:17 PM
So what does "Access to nearly all attractions," mean?

cstephens
05-18-2011, 03:34 PM
So what does "Access to nearly all attractions," mean?

Not all of the attractions are open during the Halloween party. As I recall, last year at Disneyland, it's a small world was not open during the Halloween party.

TIMBO
05-18-2011, 07:15 PM
Not all of the attractions are open during the Halloween party. As I recall, last year at Disneyland, it's a small world was not open during the Halloween party.

So is the party limited to certain areas of the park....Like if IASW was closed I imagine toontown was closed too...

cstephens
05-18-2011, 07:39 PM
So is the party limited to certain areas of the park....Like if IASW was closed I imagine toontown was closed too...

Yes, Toontown was closed, but that was the only case where an entire land was completely closed. They would have had to close it at some point anyway since the fireworks run on party nights, and Toontown needs to be closed for fireworks.

Here's the write-up I did of last year's event. (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/mhp100110.html) If you scroll about a third of the way down, I've indicated which rides/restaurants were open and which were closed.

AlbertaMickey
05-19-2011, 04:43 AM
I'm wondering if the Oct31 Party tickets will sell out quickly? The earliest I can get to the park is mid-July to renew my AP so I won't be able to buy tickets until then....

rickosuave1987
05-19-2011, 08:27 AM
I'm wondering if the Oct31 Party tickets will sell out quickly? The earliest I can get to the park is mid-July to renew my AP so I won't be able to buy tickets until then....

They sell the tickets online too, not just at the ticket booths. I bought mine and printed them when I went in '09

TIMBO
05-19-2011, 08:28 PM
Here's the write-up I did of last year's event. (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/mhp100110.html) If you scroll about a third of the way down, I've indicated which rides/restaurants were open and which were closed.

You write-up was cool...I noticed that most of the resturants were closed....whats with that?

Malcon10t
05-19-2011, 09:09 PM
You write-up was cool...I noticed that most of the resturants were closed....whats with that?

Actually, many were open. Those closed were being used for dance areas or meet and greets. The Plaza Inn was open, as was Bengal BBQ, the Golden Horseshoe, Stage Door Cafe, Tomorowland Terrace, Royal Street Veranda, Blue Ribbon, Coke Corner, and Gibson Girl Restaurant were all open. I *think* the corndog cart was open, and most of the ODV carts were open.

jananafish
05-19-2011, 09:43 PM
do the ride lines seem shorter during the halloween party what with all the excitement of the trick or treating and special 'villain' photo ops etc?