PDA

View Full Version : Soups

luvmickey
05-24-2003, 11:36 PM
Does anyone know where in the Disneyland Resort they serve soup, but not the ones in the bread bowls though? I only know of one place and that's at Rancho Del Zocalo, which is tortilla soup. Thank you. :)

HBTiggerFan
05-24-2003, 11:38 PM
You can get clam chowder in a regular bowl at the French Market and Cafe Orleans. I think the Blue Bayou serves soup too. In DCA you can get corn or clam chowder at the Pacific Warf. There may be more, thats all I know.

luvmickey
05-24-2003, 11:42 PM
I've seen the ones at Pacific Wharf, but they are served in a bread bowl. :( Not to sound mean or anything, but I am not crazy about those bread bowls. One can dislocate his/her jaw chewing that thing! :D Thanks, HB.

HBTiggerFan
05-24-2003, 11:46 PM
I know, you can get them WITHOUT the bread bowl. You just need to ask for it in a regular bowl!

tjrj
05-25-2003, 07:52 AM
The Storyteller's Cafe at the GCC serves a great corn chowder. Love it!

DwoernAdale
05-25-2003, 11:48 AM
Doesn't the BB serve a Jambalaya or Gumbo?

~DW

CarlieB
05-25-2003, 02:03 PM
Ralph Brennan's in DTD makes a great Gumbo:-)

justagrrl
05-25-2003, 07:03 PM
Across the street from Dland, in Mimi's, they serve a delish Corn Chowder with tasty breads/muffin to go with.

treelofan
05-25-2003, 08:02 PM
i like the clam chowder & beef in the bread bowls cuz you can eat the bowls :) the french market in frontierland is the best.

HBTiggerFan
05-25-2003, 11:14 PM
She doesn't like the bowls treelofan.

Origionaly posted by luvmickey I've seen the ones at Pacific Wharf, but they are served in a bread bowl. Not to sound mean or anything, but I am not crazy about those bread bowls. One can dislocate his/her jaw chewing that thing!

luvmickey
05-25-2003, 11:36 PM
Thank you, everyone. After reading about this corn chowder, I am going to try it. Maybe my next thread will be about the corn chowder. :D

Thank, HB. I guess I never thought you can always ask for something different and not just accept with what is there. I blame my shyness. :(

HBTiggerFan
05-25-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by luvmickey
Thank you, everyone. After reading about this corn chowder, I am going to try it. Maybe my next thread will be about the corn chowder. :D

Thank, HB. I guess I never thought you can always ask for something different and not just accept with what is there. I blame my shyness. :(

No problem luvmickey :) Unless the menu says "no substitutions" which NO Disneyland menu says you can always ask for something. Even if the menu says it, it never hurts to ask. Sometimes when I am feeling shy I remind myself "The worst thing they can tell me is no. They aren't going to kick me out of here for asking."

SoCalDisneyLover
05-26-2003, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
when I am feeling shy I remind myself "The worst thing they can tell me is no. They aren't going to kick me out of here for asking."

Depends upon what you ask for.:~D

HBTiggerFan
05-26-2003, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by SoCalDisneyLover
Depends upon what you ask for.:~D

:~D :rolleyes: ;) I was referring to food and occasionally a discount on those last pair of boots in my size that are a floor model :D

Morrigoon
05-26-2003, 11:33 AM
Trattoria in DCA

cstephens
05-26-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
I know, you can get them WITHOUT the bread bowl. You just need to ask for it in a regular bowl!

To add to this, if you ask for it in a regular bowl (at least at Pacific Wharf Cafe), whether it's the soup or the salad, they'll put the bread in a bag for you to take home. A few weeks ago, my husband and I each had a salad and shared a chili, but we asked for the salads on separate plates. We ate most of the bread bowl that the chili came in and then had two loafs of bread to take home, so much that we even gave one loaf to friends.

Fantasmic Fan
05-26-2003, 05:32 PM
Carnation Cafe also has soup (sold by the cup). They have clam chowder, market vegetable, southwestern corn chowder, broccoli & cheese soup, and chicken noodle. The market vegetable soup is sold every day but the others are only available on certain days of the week.

leota's necklace
05-26-2003, 06:55 PM
Just got back from a trip this weekend; had lunch at Ariel's Grotto...they offer onion soup or chicken noodle as two of their first-course offerings. I tried the onion soup: tasty, but pretty salty by the end of the bowl.