PDA

View Full Version : Romantic things to do at DL?

ErinW
08-13-2001, 03:09 PM
My husband and I will be visiting DL next week and will celebrate our 9th anniversary there. Would like ideas on romantic things to do while there. We currently have a "priority seating" res. for Napa Rose. Was also thinking about the Gallery view of Fantasmic but can't be sure we'll get tickets. Note also that we're traveling with an infant and a todler (we'll have a babysitter that night) so we can't trapse around for reservations or tickets at the crack of dawn. Okay? Thanks so much for all your ideas and help!

Erin
venuskitty@aol.com

Ralph Wiggum
08-13-2001, 03:24 PM
I hear you can call guest relations and get seats for the gallery seating...but I am not sure..call disney and ask!!

FantasmicFan82
08-13-2001, 03:28 PM
Fantasmic! Gallery Seating. you can get tickets now 30 days in advance. i went last monday with my girlfreind and planned on it, but tickets were already sold out at 7am. the # is 714-781-4400. The tickes are 41 dollars a person.
Blue Bayou takes same-day reservations for lunch and dinner. there's a thred on romantic things to do whn i asked this, i have to find it though.

Ralph Wiggum
08-13-2001, 03:46 PM
Try this one (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1485&highlight=romantic)

cemeinke
08-13-2001, 04:42 PM
I went last Friday for the 9:00 showing of Fantasmic (made reservations on the prior Monday). It was great, I really like being able to make advanced reservations though the read you a giant disclaimer statement that essentially boils down to the only reason they'll give you a refund is if they cancel the show.

Also, if you go to a 9:00 showing, they refresh your drinks let you stay on the balcony for the fireworks.

adriennek
08-13-2001, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by ErinW
My husband and I will be visiting DL next week and will celebrate our 9th anniversary there. Would like ideas on romantic things to do while there. We currently have a "priority seating" res. for Napa Rose. Was also thinking about the Gallery view of Fantasmic but can't be sure we'll get tickets. Note also that we're traveling with an infant and a todler (we'll have a babysitter that night)

Ok, at dinner-- enjoy not having to cut up someone's chicken nuggets, hot dog, grilled cheese, quesadilla here. Then listen to the quiet because no one is shouting or crying or whining. Then look how pretty the tablecloth is without crumbs, rice, ketchup, etc, smushed into it. Hold hands because you don't have to: push a stroller, carry a carseat, hold a ketchupy hand, carry a child, etc. Don't go to the baby care center because you won't have a diaper to change.

::Sigh:: then when you get back to your infant and toddler, give them little kisses on their cheeks because you love them so much, but had an absolutely marvelous evening without them.

Adrienne K :)

ErinW
08-13-2001, 07:31 PM
Thanks everyone, and thanks Adrienne K, I've read tons of your advice elsewhere and LOVE your writing, your tips and your wisdom! Currently holding a sticky, spittupy infant whose just the most adorable thing. Next Wednesday will be our first date without her... yipes!

Thanks again, keep them coming if more tips are available!

adriennek
08-13-2001, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by ErinW
Thanks everyone, and thanks Adrienne K, I've read tons of your advice elsewhere and LOVE your writing, your tips and your wisdom! Currently holding a sticky, spittupy infant whose just the most adorable thing. Next Wednesday will be our first date without her... yipes!

Thanks again, keep them coming if more tips are available!

::blush:: Thank you! :)

Mine's currently in his swing (fingers crossed that he doesn't change his mind about that.) We've gone out once for 2 hours without him and we're going again in the next week or two for our official celebration of our 7th anniversary...I can't wait. We're going to a Downtown Disney restaurant, too :)

Adrienne K

tjrj
08-14-2001, 09:08 AM
Is there still dancing at Plaza Gardens? If if you don't dance, listening to the music with your sweetie is wonderful. I have wonderful memories of my folks "swingin' away" at the Gardens.

Napa Rose sounds great but it's hard to beat the Blue Bayou for atmosphere-even at 2 in the afternoon.

Window shopping in a "leisurely" fashion in NOS or on Main Street in the "sparkling" stores. I always rush through with my two when they were little for fear of the dreaded "crash". :eek:

ODV CM
08-14-2001, 07:51 PM
Well, I would say that Fantasmic! balcony seating is definately number one on the list, but romantic is more a state of mind than a place. Just make sure to take the day at a very slow and leisurly pace, and to enjoy the atmosphere as well as each other. Don't worry about what rides you go on, you've been there plenty of times before. Try to check out some of the things you've never been to before. Go into Mickey's Gallery on Main Street, perhaps you'll get lucky and you'll be all alone. Or ride the Mark Twain around the rivers of america and find a spot to be kind of alone from the rest of the guests on the boat. Stuff like that.

ErinW
08-14-2001, 07:59 PM
Gosh! Thanks again everyone! I did indeed use that great phone number for Fantasmic (posted by FantasmicFan82) and it worked! Got a reservation for next Wed. NEVER would have found that number through Disney (it's like they don't want to help). Also checking out options for dinner still. Blue Bayou is great and one of Husbands' favs, but we've sort of done it to death. Dancing sounds great (if my feet are still functioning). Well, anyway I know it will come together. Thanks again, I'm so grateful to have found this invaluable resource.

erin

adriennek
08-15-2001, 08:11 AM
Erin,

FWIW, I've heard EXCELLENT reports about Napa Rose. Absolutely fantastic.

Adrienne K

adriennek
08-15-2001, 08:18 AM
Erin,

FWIW, I've heard EXCELLENT reports about Napa Rose. Absolutely fantastic.

Adrienne K

Ralph Wiggum
08-15-2001, 08:47 AM
I gotta fix my a glasses, i am seeing double!