PDA

View Full Version : 1000th Spook at the Mansion?

Pages : [1] 2

cemeinke
05-24-2003, 12:33 PM
Last night while riding the Mansion, I noticed a new effect - Right before the opera singers was a ghostly projection within one of the crypts - sort of had a "grim reaper" profile.

So anybody know more about this new effect? Like when it was added?

CrayZforDisney
05-24-2003, 12:36 PM
NO,NO,NO !!!! They can't add another happy haunt, it'll ruin the 999 happy haunts joke! :crying: Just pretend like that grim reaper wasn't there at all! :D

rexfarms
05-24-2003, 12:39 PM
Can somebody confirm? Maybe you just didnt notice it before. ( I notice something new on every attraction no matter how many times I've ridden it).:fez:

cemeinke
05-24-2003, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by rexfarms
Can somebody confirm? Maybe you just didnt notice it before. ( I notice something new on every attraction no matter how many times I've ridden it).:fez:

Well there were 3 of us who've been riding since 1969 and none of us recalled seeing that one before.

Which doesn't mean that this wasn't introduced before and been in perpetual refurb (Hat Box Ghost anyone?)

Not Afraid
05-24-2003, 01:20 PM
The other think I noticed last night was the shadow of the piano player in the attic. The shadow was much more defined that I've seen it.

New? Who knows. Like rexfarms says:

I notice something new on every attraction no matter how many times I've ridden it

Even if it've been riding since 1967!;)

AlanaP
05-24-2003, 03:08 PM
Hubby and I both commented about a week ago about it. It was the first time I had noticed it as well, Im with you 2..thinking that it is a new apparition...

Morrigoon
05-24-2003, 03:22 PM
I've seen it before, it's usually broken. Sorry guys, not a new spook.

HBTiggerFan
05-24-2003, 06:05 PM
I saw it last Sunday, first time I noticed it too. Its really cool!

Tref
05-24-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by cemeinke
Last night while riding the Mansion, I noticed a new effect - Right before the opera singers was a ghostly projection within one of the crypts - sort of had a "grim reaper" profile.

So anybody know more about this new effect? Like when it was added?

I want to check this out, but I am still not sure where I should focus my attention when I get to the opera singers. Help!

rexfarms
05-24-2003, 06:09 PM
I'll have to look next time I ride. So we still only have 999 Haunts not counting the remains story?:)

DisneyFan25863
05-24-2003, 07:01 PM
No, it is not the 1000th Spook. Its the 1001th :fez:

Ace
05-24-2003, 07:41 PM
Even if it was new, you can't be sure that one didn't leave, can you?

jerjer2005
05-24-2003, 07:47 PM
I've seen it before, it's usually broken. Sorry guys, not a new spook.

This is the most likely thought due to the fact that a new effect wouldnt normally be added without a closure/refurb

cemeinke
05-25-2003, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Tref
I want to check this out, but I am still not sure where I should focus my attention when I get to the opera singers. Help!

In a crypt right before the opera singers, after the singing busts on that side of the track.

BELLEH5
05-25-2003, 12:49 PM
"Hat box Ghost"????

cemeinke
05-25-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by BELLEH5
"Hat box Ghost"????

An original Mansion effect that was pulled early on (I don't think it made it to any public showings, but my mansion history is a bit fuzzy) He was to appear in the attic with Bride. Each time the brides heart would beat, his head would vanish from his body and appear within a hat box that he was carrying.

Tref
05-25-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by cemeinke
In a crypt right before the opera singers, after the singing busts on that side of the track.

Thanks!

innerSpaceman
05-26-2003, 12:04 AM
Sorry SeaMonkey, but that ghost in the crypt just before the opera singers has been there forever. Just, hmm kinda like a ghost, disappearing for months at a time over the past 33 years I've been visiting the Mansion.

It may be hard to believe that maintenance is so sloppy in the H.M. that a ghost effect such as that one can be down for months at a time, but witness the current absurd sound problems in the seance room since January, for example, to garner the true state of Haunted Mansion upkeep.

danyoung
05-26-2003, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
...witness the current absurd sound problems in the seance room since January, for example, to garner the true state of Haunted Mansion upkeep.

What are you referring to? I noticed that the music track no longer matches the dialog in this scene. It was designed to have a matching music or sound effect to what Madame Leota is saying ("awaken the spirits with your tambourine" followed by the shaking of a tambourine, etc.). Now it's just kinda random. It's a little thing, but all of us long time park goers have said for years that it's the little things that make the place so special. (sigh . . . . .)

innerSpaceman
05-26-2003, 08:57 AM
Yeah, "send in the spirits with your tambourine" is not supposed to result in the ringing of a bell.

It's the "little things" that some have complained about since January to deaf guest relations ears.

zapppop
05-26-2003, 09:40 AM
Sorry cemeinke, but I will confirm that the ghost you saw in the crypt was not really a new ghost. That particular ghost comes and goes over time. The last time I saw him there he had a REALLY scary face and a hidden mickey on his hand (or his hand was a hidden mickey; I don't remember which). Then he was missing for a while and now this updated version of him has appeared.

Perhaps that particular crypt is for lease only. :D

MonorailMan
05-26-2003, 09:41 AM
Yes, iSm. Like what you had mensioned about the new spanish speil. It is dropping "We find it...", and picking up at "Hot and Cold", or the reverse. Also, the great in-buggy music is gone! :crying: :crying:

mad4mky
05-26-2003, 10:04 AM
I noticed it (the Grim Reaper) this last trip as well...

But for some reason...I thought I remember seeing it last year in April...:confused:

Heck...don't mind me. I don't go often enough to notice all the different details you locals do...:rolleyes:
I am so happy to be there...I could be missing half of what DLR looks like...:)

David Disney
05-26-2003, 06:20 PM
I also recently noticed this new spook...

It looks like a cheap Halloween Club effect, if you ask me. Some plastic sheet that you hang on your door...

Pirate Girl
05-26-2003, 11:12 PM
I'm confused...are thewhere are the opera singers everyone's referring to? After the singing busts? Or are they the singing busts, cos' that always what I've called them.