PDA

View Full Version : Live Orchestra for Fantasmic?

eds905
05-07-2011, 09:15 PM
I heard a rumor today about a special performance of Fantasmic! featuring a live orchestra. Has anyone else heard about this?

Phineas T
05-08-2011, 09:55 AM
That would be amazing! I never get tired of watching Fantasmic and the music is a big part of it. I wonder where they would put the orchestra? The island is out so it would have to be riverside somewhere.

JeffG
05-08-2011, 12:02 PM
I heard a rumor today about a special performance of Fantasmic! featuring a live orchestra. Has anyone else heard about this?

I'm wondering if you miss-heard. The LA Philharmonic is doing a live performance of the music from "Fantasia" (accompanied by the visuals on big screens) at the Hollywood Bowl in August. Tickets just went on sale for it this weekend.

-Jeff

cstephens
05-08-2011, 06:28 PM
The LA Philharmonic is doing a live performance of the music from "Fantasia" (accompanied by the visuals on big screens) at the Hollywood Bowl in August. Tickets just went on sale for it this weekend.

That's what I was thinking it was too. The husband was kind of interested in going but then realized it's the same weekend as the D23 expo.

eds905
05-08-2011, 09:19 PM
That would make more sense. I just wanted to make sure that I hadn't missed something. Thanks!

JeffG
05-09-2011, 07:43 PM
That's what I was thinking it was too. The husband was kind of interested in going but then realized it's the same weekend as the D23 expo.

I thought that scheduling was unfortunate too. We did buy tickets to the "Fantasia" concert, but we are only likely to go to D23 on one day anyway. Even still, the concert now makes it a bit tricky to figure out which day to go to D23.

-Jeff