PDA

View Full Version : Certificate of Compliance

goofey
05-24-2003, 01:29 AM
Last week at work I first noticed a sign by the Jolly Trolley that read something to the effect of "Documents relating to this attraction's Certificate of Compliance may be viewed at City Hall in Town Square." Then today I saw a similar sign at the Monorail station. Any idea what this means and what other attractions this pertains to? And are those signs really new, or am I just a complete idiot for not noticing those signs in nearly 3 years working for Disneyland?
Sorry if this might be an old topic....I haven't been to this board in several months.

EandCDad
05-24-2003, 07:07 AM
I don't think there has been a thread on it, but the ever vigilant Mouseplanet update group wrote this in their December 22nd update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr021223.htm) :

Disneyland is in compliance – and it has the certificate to prove it. Little, unobtrusive signs have begun to pop up at ride entrances around Disneyland and DCA. Each sign reads, “Documents related to the Certificate of Compliance for this attraction may be viewed at City Hall in Town Square.” If you enquire at City Hall, you will be shown a nice binder of pretty certificates that state that Disneyland has complied with the requirements of Title 8, section 344 of the California Code of Regulations, which mandates annual inspections of permanent amusement rides, and which attraction operators had until November 5 of this year to file for existing attractions. Don’t be surprised if you don’t notice these signs – they are often visible only from the special assistance entrances, or located at the base of the operator’s consoles.