PDA

View Full Version : Disney Parks blog ST 2.0 preview

olegc
05-06-2011, 10:31 AM
For those non-passholders, or if you want a second chance to preview ST 2.0, The Disney Parks Blog is holding another drawing for ST2.0 preview on May 20th. Only 1200 spaces, though.

What is the notion of 1200? It's such a small number compared to the overall market, let alone the AP audience. I just wonder if they believe having such a small number is intended to make it so exclusive (at least in appearance) that it will somehow pump up the hype even more than usual.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/05/star-tours-event-at-disneyland-resort-you-want/

Drince88
05-06-2011, 10:55 AM
They are probably limiting it to that few winners A-because they're including park admission, and B-they have other things planned for the attraction that day, and need to limit this to a certain length of time. So if the ride capacity is 600 people/hour (I'm making this up!) - then 1200 winners and their guests would take 4 hours to make it through.

olegc
05-06-2011, 12:34 PM
They are probably limiting it to that few winners A-because they're including park admission, and B-they have other things planned for the attraction that day, and need to limit this to a certain length of time. So if the ride capacity is 600 people/hour (I'm making this up!) - then 1200 winners and their guests would take 4 hours to make it through.

maye - but the Mermaid preview also had a 1200 person limit - which what drew my comment about the 1200. that's an omnimover so it should be able to get more people through.

cstephens
05-06-2011, 01:24 PM
but the Mermaid preview also had a 1200 person limit - which what drew my comment about the 1200. that's an omnimover so it should be able to get more people through.

But this meet-up is to actually go on the ride. The only Little Mermaid preview I've heard about so far was just to listen to the Imagineers talk about the ride in a hotel ballroom, not go on the ride itself.

olegc
05-06-2011, 01:27 PM
But this meet-up is to actually go on the ride. The only Little Mermaid preview I've heard about so far was just to listen to the Imagineers talk about the ride in a hotel ballroom, not go on the ride itself.

yes thanks for reminding me (so the omnimover comment is invalid), but it still had that 1200 limit - and they did end up adding a WoC viewing. so it may be related to park admission and that cost model.