PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Event Question

Mass Nerder
08-13-2001, 08:06 AM
This could possible be an insanely stupid question but....

Is this NBC Mansion event open to the public or is it something you need to pay extra for? For some reason, a friend of mine insists that you must pay extra to see the re-done mansion. Thanks in advance for tolerating my stupidity. :D

Ralph Wiggum
08-13-2001, 08:40 AM
It's free!!!

Dlandmom
08-13-2001, 09:42 AM
Come now, nothing's ever a stupid question...of course now we're going to tease you incessantly about it! ;) :D

Actually, I did read somewhere that there might be a paid event or events in connection with the Mansion re-do, but just going on the ride with the re-do will be no extra charge.

There was a fabulous (and fabulously expensive!) Mansion event that really was "to die for";) that I heard they may try again this year...anyone hear more about that? Is it in another thread that I've just missed?

Lani
08-13-2001, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Mass Nerder
Is this NBC Mansion event open to the public or is it something you need to pay extra for? For some reason, a friend of mine insists that you must pay extra to see the re-done mansion. Thanks in advance for tolerating my stupidity. :D The confusion may be arising from the fact that there is both a special event, as well as a rehabbed Mansion. Here's what I understand:

There is a special event planned before the Mansion opens back up to the public. This special event is not free, and will be run in a similar fashion as other hard-ticket special events in the past, such as the Villains event.

The Haunted Mansion as it reopens with the Night Before Christmas theme will be open to the public, just like "it's a small world Christmas" is. Mansion will open to the general park guests the day after the special event evening, I believe.

adriennek
08-13-2001, 10:17 AM
But we're all caught up on the latest info about the special events planned for the Haunted Mansion because we all read Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix's column (http://www.mouseplanet.com/merchandise/mer010813.htm) featured on the front page of MousePlanet today.... RIGHT????

Adrienne K

Dlandmom
08-13-2001, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by adriennek
But we're all caught up on the latest info about the special events planned for the Haunted Mansion because we all read Adrienne Vincent-Phoenix's column (http://www.mouseplanet.com/merchandise/mer010813.htm) featured on the front page of MousePlanet today.... RIGHT????

Adrienne K

Absolutely! Please disregard the prior post under the "Dlandmom" name...it was done by a stranger who got onto my computer...somehow...when...I...wasn't... looking...yeah, that's the ticket!;) :D

Gandalf
08-16-2001, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Mass Nerder
This could possible be an insanely stupid question but....
Is this NBC Mansion event open to the public or is it something you need to pay extra for? For some reason, a friend of mine insists that you must pay extra to see the re-done mansion. Thanks in advance for tolerating my stupidity. :D

Actually it's a very good question.
I'm also wondering if with the opening of the NBC version of the mansion if Disney will increase their hours of operation or still close early during the weekdays. It would sure help alleviate the crowds that will be there on the weekends. Or maybe they could try the E-ticket nights route. I'm betting Disney will have NBC merchandise all over the Park to capitalize on the newness of the ride change.
I think Mel Brooks said it best when he was Yogurt, "merchandising, merchandising..."