PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland, safety, etc.

Disney Boy
05-23-2003, 07:57 AM
In todays Daily News there are two articles concerning Disney. One is about the new safety program at all American Disney Theme Parks. Using signs, flyers, books, menu's and directed at the kids, the program stars Timon and Pumba to warn about certain things you shouldn't do. There are also special signs at the rides and attractions and in some cases, "Paw Prints" on the ground.

The second article concerns the closing or selling off of all Disney Stores. The line that caught my eye, and has to be the funniest thing I have ever heard a Disney Spokesperson make concerning the "failure" of the Disney Stores is "To Disney, where retail isn't a core competency and we don't have the scale in the busniess..."
Wow. All these years of selling merchandisde at every Disney venue you go to, isn't there core concern. Hmmmm.

Here is the link and it's in the Business Section:

www.dailynews.com

The safety program looks kind of cute using Timon and Pumba and I wonder how long it will take for the books and maps, etc to become "Must Have Collectors Items" showing up on e-bay and rediculas prices when you can just go to the Parks and get them for free.