PDA

View Full Version : Carsland

nowen1
05-02-2011, 01:27 PM
I know it is not open yet let alone finished, and i have only seen the progress in picture updates on various DL sites but does the Cadillac Range seem a little big. It does look amazing and I look forward to seeing it in person in a few weeks and after it opens, but in most of the pics I have seen it seems to overshadow almost everything in the park and resort. I do hope I am wrong, if any one has seen it in person please let me know what you think.

PoomShanka
05-02-2011, 02:46 PM
I was actually a bit startled by it when I saw it for the first time last month. It was actually so big that I didn't even notice it at first!! It blended right in with the overcast sky. I can't predict what it will look like when finished but it will be interesting to see.

IllusionOfLife
05-02-2011, 08:48 PM
In my opinion it needs to be big in order to work. They're effectively recreating what you see on screen in Cars and having something small just wouldn't cut it. You'll certainly be able to see it from other places in the park, but the same can be said of The Matterhorn at Disneyland, as well as Tower of Terror and Grizzly Peak at California Adventure; I don't think this will be much different than that.

Besides, I've always felt, especially at the back end of the park, that there's too much view of the outside world at DCA, I'm personally hoping Cadillac range helps part of that problem.

nowen1
05-03-2011, 06:36 AM
I am not trying to pass judgment already, it's just the size surprized me. I do like the aspect of keeping the outside out and the magic in, DCA really needed that. No other "land" in any US Disney park could be so immersive (DisneySea would be the other park with something that immersive) and dedicated to only one franchise and Cars 2 does not look to be in Radiator Springs much. I know it sounds like nay saying but i do really hope it works and look forward to experiencing it for myself.

Tan Da Man
05-03-2011, 07:24 PM
I had gotten the chance to hear straight from head Imaginears regarding the revamping of DCA..without spilling too much of the beans they basically said that they wanted to build it so large as to block out the outside world, so its intentionally that big. I thought the Carsland sounded stupid before hearing from them, but the E-ticket ride sounds amazing. I dont wanna give away all the details because Im not sure if theyve been released or not, but I was expecting it to be like Test Track in EPCOT, but its far more than that.

Teddi
05-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Ta Da- they succeeded- was really like "wow" when we saw the progress last week. Cool to hear it's more than Test Track, that's what I figured too.

topmouse
05-08-2011, 07:45 AM
We went to DL last year and they were part way through construction on the new Cars ride. I see that it's still not open. When is it scheduled to open? Fearing that it won't be open by July when we go to DL again.

MermaidHair
05-08-2011, 10:24 AM
Sorry Topmouse. The Cars Land addition to DCA is not scheduled to open until 2012. Check out the Mouseplanet weekly updates on Mondays for progress reports.

The good news, however, is that by July the new Star Tours, The Little Mermaid and re-themed Goofy's Sky School will be opened. Plus, this gives you an excuse to plan a 2012 trip! I would keep an eye on the updates for expected opening dates because my guess is as good as yours to if "2012" means March, June or September!