PDA

View Full Version : Mermaid Imagineer Meet winners roll call

olegc
04-29-2011, 11:53 AM
so - I thought I would start the thread. Unfortunately I did not get selected :crying: - but I am curious how many have - and when did you sign up? I signed up the first couple of hours after announced via twitter.

Toocherie
04-29-2011, 12:02 PM
I signed up yesterday--and was not selected.

KarenW2
04-29-2011, 12:04 PM
My hubby just called to let me know he just received an email, letting him know his entry for the randomly drawn tickets for the Little Mermaid meet-up WAS NOT chosen, so I went to my computer, checked my email and found the same BAD email there too!!

I signed up as soon as I saw it on Facebook, the very first day and I told him about it, after I tried to sign him up from my computer, but it wouldn't take it. So his was done shortly after mine.

I guess the only good thing about it is that they let us know we WERE NOT picked, so we don't have to wonder when we'd get a good email instead! :(

I sure hope they have a D23 club ride preview or something!!

olegc
04-29-2011, 01:24 PM
I sure hope they have a D23 club ride preview or something!!

well if you were expecting a ride through - you were mistaken. The only things promised were meet and greet with imagineers - questions, stories, video, etc.
HOWEVER - today they added a World of COlor viewing and no park admission needed. That's new.

Folks can hope, I guess, that they will add a ride through at the last minute but its not been promised.

Toocherie
04-29-2011, 02:44 PM
My hubby just called to let me know he just received an email, letting him know his entry for the randomly drawn tickets for the Little Mermaid meet-up WAS NOT chosen, so I went to my computer, checked my email and found the same BAD email there too!!

I signed up as soon as I saw it on Facebook, the very first day and I told him about it, after I tried to sign him up from my computer, but it wouldn't take it. So his was done shortly after mine.

I'm sure there were a lot of people who signed up--and if I recall attendance was very limited (120 people or something?) Since it was a RANDOM drawing it didn't really matter if you were the first or the last to sign up.

I guess I don't get why anyone should EXPECT a preview because of their membership in anything. I am: a Premiere pass holder (both coasts) and a DVC member x2. Disney has no obligation to provide "previews" to me and I don't expect it--it's nice if it's offered but I wouldn't get indignant if they didn't--everyone knows when the ride is opening so you can make arrangements like everyone else to ride it at your first opportunity after it opens with the rest of the annual passholders and casual visitors. And they are having annual passholder previews for Star Tours--haven't heard yet either way on whether I got picked for that--but if not, well I'll be going to the parks for sure on June 18th and will ride it then.

THpoohbear
04-29-2011, 05:04 PM
Oh my GOODNESS!!! I was selected! I have never been selected for as much as any kind of AP preview. I even had a hard time winning anything from the YOAMD. I can't believe it! I'm thrilled!!!

cstephens
04-29-2011, 05:08 PM
Oh my GOODNESS!!! I was selected! I have never been selected for as much as any kind of AP preview. I even had a hard time winning anything from the YOAMD. I can't believe it! I'm thrilled!!!

Congratulations and have a great time!

BTW, love your avatar. :)

bennette
04-29-2011, 05:19 PM

Congrats! I didn't sign up as the time slot was a bit awkward. Hope you have a good time.

Malcon10t
04-29-2011, 06:25 PM
Oh my GOODNESS!!! I was selected! I have never been selected for as much as any kind of AP preview. I even had a hard time winning anything from the YOAMD. I can't believe it! I'm thrilled!!!Congratulations!!! You were due! Have a GREAT time and report back! Nice to be 1 of 120!

lola2009
04-29-2011, 06:43 PM

Congratulations! Can't wait to hear all about it.

ShelbyH
04-29-2011, 08:35 PM

Congratulations!!! I was one of the many who weren't selected, so I'll be excited to hear all about it from you!

KarenW2
04-29-2011, 10:37 PM
I did not say I was EXPECTING a D23 ride preview, I said I HOPED there would be one. I was also not expecting there to be a ride during the meet-up we weren't randomly selected for, since it clearly said there would not be one. I would also HOPE that there might be a ride preview for PAPs, since we also have those.

I have no idea where you got the idea that I was expecting one!

Congrats to those who were chosen and I hope you have a good time, listening to the presenters at the meet-up.

Toocherie
04-30-2011, 06:47 AM

That is awesome! congrats!

KW2--the tenor of your post seemed to indicate you were either (i) expecting to get chosen because you signed up right away, and (ii) since you weren't selected that you hoped they made it up to you by having a D23 preview. And that you were very upset that you weren't one of the few chosen. That's how I read it--thanks for clarifying.

Malcon10t
04-30-2011, 07:42 AM
And that you were very upset that you weren't one of the few chosen. That's how I read it--thanks for clarifying.That was how I read it also.

If they do open it to an AP preview, I am sure it will open to all APs and not just PAPs. It is getting kind of late for a AP sign up though. HEY!! Maybe the winners of the Star Tours preview will also get a Mermaid preview!!

It's fun that one of MP people got one of the few slots!! TPB, is it for you and a spouse?

Tinkermommy
04-30-2011, 08:08 AM
I was selected! I have never been selected for as much as any kind of AP preview. I even had a hard time winning anything from the YOAMD.

Yay!! I am so happy for you! I can't wait to hear about it.

We've never been selected for any AP preview, etc, either, in the 7-ish years we've had APs. I didn't enter this one, but you've reignited my hope for the future. Like the Star Tours thing, which we did enter. :p

Have a blast and, as I say to the Tinkerteen when I drop her off at school each day, "Learn things!"

THpoohbear
04-30-2011, 02:10 PM
Thank you for all the congratulations, everyone!

BTW, love your avatar. :) Thanks cstephens! It was taken last October before Halloween. I'm always behind on uploading new pics but since it is such an adorable costume (and goes with my screen name!) I thought I could leave it up for a while. :)

It's fun that one of MP people got one of the few slots!! TPB, is it for you and a spouse? Thank you Mal! It is for me and one guest (it doesn't specify spouse). I was really hoping to go with my husband, but due to work he can't make it. I need to find a date and also arrange for babysitting. I'm a little nervous about finding someone because of the time of day and the length of time, especially if we stay for World of Color.

Yay!! I am so happy for you! I can't wait to hear about it.

We've never been selected for any AP preview, etc, either, in the 7-ish years we've had APs. I didn't enter this one, but you've reignited my hope for the future. Like the Star Tours thing, which we did enter. :p

Have a blast and, as I say to the Tinkerteen when I drop her off at school each day, "Learn things!"

Tinkermommy - before you posted, I was really hoping you were going to pop in here and say "I won!" I know both of our track records for winning these lotteries isn't the best. I was rooting for you (before I knew you didn't enter this one)! How fun would it have been if both of us underdogs got in. Well, perhaps you are due to win the Star Tours preview!?!

I'll definitely report back on the experience. I'd love to get my picture with Andreas Deja... and I'm so excited he is on the panel. I'm a DVD special features freak (I usually want to watch the special features a LOT more than the actual movie). I love the interviews he gives - he usually has such interesting things to say!

Tinkermommy
04-30-2011, 02:32 PM
Tinkermommy - I was rooting for you (before I knew you didn't enter this one)! How fun would it have been if both of us underdogs got in.

Awww, thanks! I just had surgery on April 20, and wasn't sure how I'd feel May 10. (Still can't drive.) I didn't want to take a chance on winning a spot that I might not be able to use. I'm crossing my fingers for Star Tours, though!

I can't wait to read your write-up!

Mouseketeer1955
05-01-2011, 03:00 PM
I didn't get picked either. Oh well, maybe next time.

Julie Mouse
05-01-2011, 03:43 PM
<----- NOT chosen. Oh well, I look forward to hearing about it from those of you who were selected!!

CariBelle
05-02-2011, 08:37 AM
Congrats Nancy! Can't wait to hear about it!

I didn't get selected either, I entered a few minutes after it was posted on the Disney Parks Blog.

rickosuave1987
05-02-2011, 10:27 AM
I saw the email, and immediately thought it read that I WAS selected, so I opened it up and got excited.... Only to realize it said I was NOT selected... Dang...

Still have a chance for the Star Tours Preview though!

tinker3
05-02-2011, 12:03 PM
I wasn't even aware of this. Can anyone tell me how to sign up for the star tours or mermaid AP (if they have one) preview? We live in AZ. but will acutally be in town around that time.

CariBelle
05-02-2011, 02:53 PM
I wasn't even aware of this. Can anyone tell me how to sign up for the star tours or mermaid AP (if they have one) preview?
If you take a peek a few threads down from this one you'll find the info you're looking for.

ShelbyH
05-02-2011, 11:34 PM
Thank you Mal! It is for me and one guest (it doesn't specify spouse). I was really hoping to go with my husband, but due to work he can't make it. I need to find a date and also arrange for babysitting. I'm a little nervous about finding someone because of the time of day and the length of time, especially if we stay for World of Color.

Wellllll, I'm fully available, and I will pay for your babysitter :fez:

Mermaid
05-03-2011, 06:41 AM
Congrats Nancy! That is so exciting! I can't wait to hear about it.

Add me to the list of people who never wins the AP previews/ D23 contests. I didn't enter this one since there was no way I could go.