PDA

View Full Version : 2011 D23 Expo

Doombuggy1932
04-29-2011, 06:38 AM
Has anyone heard any details regarding this years D23 Expo. I'm a little surprised the expo website has not posted anything regarding panels, events, etc considering the convention is in a little over three months. Not a lot of time for those traveling from out of state and the east cost (granted it takes place in a 3 day period so those coming will more than likely be in town for the entire event).

i just think its weird were so close to the event and no details yet.

olegc
04-29-2011, 11:54 AM
i think it was similar to the last expo. The real info on panels and sessions did not come out until late may or june I think.

disneyfn
04-30-2011, 04:44 PM
Believe they are focusing on Destination D in Florida right now. When that is over,D 23 convention will get their attention.

SuzanneSLO
05-02-2011, 08:12 AM
i think it was similar to the last expo. The real info on panels and sessions did not come out until late may or june I think.

My recollection was that it was even later than that. The last Expo was in September 2009 and the full program was not reelased until late August or early September. I think there was some information provided earlier but most was not given out until August.

I remember we were chatting with Jeffrey after the Studios tour in mid-August about the Expo and very little information was available at that time. The names of some but not all the presentations had been provided, the names of the Pavilions, the inclusion of the Legends presentation at the Expo and the 50 and Fabulous screenings were all we had to go on when trying to decide whether to attend. We did (Jeffrey is very pursuasive) and had a great time.

disneyfn
05-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Well there is a little tease in the new D23 magazine. It says that Walt's limo and the model T from Absent minded professor will be on display at the expo.