PDA

View Full Version : No more cooking with Goofy during the meal at Goofy's Kitchen? :confused:

PoomShanka
04-22-2011, 11:50 AM
Last week we had my son's 7th birthday celebration at Goofy's Kitchen, and we were disappointed to see that Goofy did not come out banging his pots and pans around like he did when we were there a couple years ago for my daughter's 2nd bday. That silly chaos of letting all the kids help him "cook", dropping his cookware and making all that noise was so much fun for everybody. This time there was just a very short stint of cheesy music and a recorded voice saying "Everyone get up and dance!" (no one did) or something like that. It was uninspiring and a bit out of place.

Were we there on an off day or is this just another example of corner-cutting for Disney? Maybe Goofy just doesn't do that anymore and hasn't for a long time and I didn't know it. If so, that's too bad.

ogold72
04-24-2011, 04:56 AM
I hope thats not the case. We were there last October and Goofy did his skit. We are going back 31 May - 3 June and my little one is really looking forward to dancing with Goofy. I hope it was just an off day for Goofy

lola2009
04-24-2011, 07:18 AM
We were there in Feb and there was no Goofy dancing, no pots and pans. The other characters were dancing to the music but it wasn't the same.

MammaSilva
04-24-2011, 09:52 AM
If this is a forever change, then it will be a hard call to spend that kind of money on the experience cuz for sure it's not about the meal/food...my babies LOVE getting up and dancing with Goofy or the chipmunks and doing the pots and pan stuff...if it's gone then what's the point.

Berit76
04-24-2011, 02:38 PM
I was there in Feb, they had the kids get up and do the "twist" with Goofey. I can not remember if the pots and pans were out though, maybe someone got hurt???

ShelbyH
04-25-2011, 07:33 PM
I was there in Feb, they had the kids get up and do the "twist" with Goofey. I can not remember if the pots and pans were out though, maybe someone got hurt???

We ate there in the Fall and this is what we had too. No pots and pans, but the kids had a lot of fun doing the Twist and another dance with the characters.

ChrisGlass
04-27-2011, 09:14 AM
Maximus needed them.

Grandpa Louie
04-27-2011, 12:14 PM
I always veer to the right and have breakfast at Steakhouse 55. If you don't require all-you-can-eat, it's the best kept breakfast secret of the Park.

Drince88
04-27-2011, 12:16 PM
I always veer to the right and have breakfast at Steakhouse 55. If you don't require all-you-can-eat, it's the best kept breakfast secret of the Park.

Not until my sister and I were almost done with our breakfast was anyone else in the restaurant with us (aside from CMs)! True, it was early on a Sunday morning (and our PS was for the time they opened) - but still, kind of expected another table or two! It was quite yummy, and for similar meals, a few bucks cheaper than at Storytellers (kind of tells you the price per person Disney figures that a 'character meal' is worth, I guess).

Grandpa Louie
04-27-2011, 12:30 PM
There is nothing better than eating a quiet breakfast off of real dishes with metal utensils not to mention cold milk served in a glass that is actually made of glass and coffee served in (at least) ceramic cups.

Malcon10t
04-27-2011, 02:27 PM
There is nothing better than eating a quiet breakfast off of real dishes with metal utensils not to mention cold milk served in a glass that is actually made of glass and coffee served in (at least) ceramic cups.

I always veer to the right and have breakfast at Steakhouse 55. If you don't require all-you-can-eat, it's the best kept breakfast secret of the Park.That may be, however, as the OP has a child, and they would like to be involved with characters, Steakhouse 55 isn't what they are interested in.

Back on topic, when we have been in the past, they have rotated the "games" played. Sometimes they are doing the twist, sometimes the macarena, and sometimes cooking with Goofy. Perhaps you just missed the rotation?

3Princesses1Prince
04-27-2011, 03:32 PM
Back on topic, when we have been in the past, they have rotated the "games" played. Sometimes they are doing the twist, sometimes the macarena, and sometimes cooking with Goofy. Perhaps you just missed the rotation?
My thoughts exactly. We have missed cooking with Goofy before, and last time we missed the twist. I think they do something every 30 minutes.

PoomShanka
04-27-2011, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the input, everyone! Hrmm....we will have to see if and how it's different next time we're there, which will be in July. At our recent meal we were there between 70 and 90 minutes and only heard that little bit of music one time. I had intended to ask our server about the whole pots-and-pans thing but I get so distracted during character meals with having to splutter "Where's the camera?? Is there enough battery power?? Does the pen for the autograph books work?? Where is the back-up pen?!" etc. etc. every time a character approaches that I completely forgot. :p

3Princesses1Prince
04-27-2011, 04:19 PM
Depending on where you sit, the music is less noticeable. They do it right by the buffet and when we were seated in the room back past the buffet it wasnt as obvious (by the time we realized it was going on it was over). The other times we were seated in the room to the left as you get to the buffet area and it was very obvious it was going on. But if you have a character coming or going at the time I can see it could be easier to miss.

houseofmouse
04-27-2011, 05:57 PM
anyone think to call and ask directly??

Susie63
04-27-2011, 08:23 PM
Maximus needed them.

Frying pans...who knew!

ogold72
04-27-2011, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the input, everyone! Hrmm....we will have to see if and how it's different next time we're there, which will be in July. At our recent meal we were there between 70 and 90 minutes and only heard that little bit of music one time. I had intended to ask our server about the whole pots-and-pans thing but I get so distracted during character meals with having to splutter "Where's the camera?? Is there enough battery power?? Does the pen for the autograph books work?? Where is the back-up pen?!" etc. etc. every time a character approaches that I completely forgot. :p

Wow - having fun can be stressful huh? When I read that I completely identified with that flurry of activity!

Grandpa Louie
04-28-2011, 05:06 PM
...Steakhouse 55 isn't what they are interested in.

Yes, but what matters is, Steakhouse 55 is what I'm interested in.

GusMan
04-29-2011, 04:04 AM
Moderator's note: If you would like to talk about Steakhouse 55, please feel free to open up a new thread. Thank you.