PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Visual Gag?

Pages : [1] 2

08-12-2001, 02:41 PM
What makes you laugh out loud (or smile secretly to yourself, at the very least) each time you see it?

My favorite DL visual gag is the men climbing out of reach of the rhino's horn on the Jungle Cruise.

DisneylandKid
08-12-2001, 03:12 PM
Oh...

I like some of the things in Autopia (the billboards, the screen visible from the queue, the "nuts *' bolts" vendor thing, etc.)

I also like many of the things written on the buildings/windows in Toontown, Hollywood Pictures Backlot, and Main Street.

JRob2k1
08-12-2001, 03:33 PM
A lot of stuff gets me laughing in Toontown. There's a building thats in a corner by the Toontown City Hall and its the planning commission. The funny thing is that they didnt plan very well and the last 3 or 4 letters are crammed into the sign!

Get it? :)

-JRob

Napsto
08-12-2001, 05:24 PM
there is alot of that stuff in dland.

DisneylandKid
08-12-2001, 06:35 PM
There are a lot of visual gags around the Haunted Mansion & the rest of NOS (the pet tombstones, the "Ghost Relations" sign, etc.) I love how Disney does that. They pay (and still do IMO) attention to everything, even if they think nobody will see it.)

Gemini Cricket
08-12-2001, 06:37 PM
The portable hole gag in Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin is great.

I also like the Blue Fairy at the end of Pinocchio's Daring Journey.

Ralph Wiggum
08-12-2001, 09:18 PM
I like the claws going in front of the clock in the Haunted Mansion. I always look behind me at the light when i pass it. So simple and cheesy..>LOVE IT!! http://www.themelee.com/smilies/s/cwm/cwm/spin2.gif

DisneyFreak2000
08-12-2001, 09:18 PM
Yeah, I like all the gags around the Resort

Ozymandius
08-13-2001, 12:35 PM
I always like the hidden, cutesy, smarmy messages everywhere:

1) Main street 2nd story windows
2) Roger Rabbit Queue & Exit
3) Toon Town
4) Indy Queue
5) Bugs Life "Entertainment" posters
6) Muppets Pre-show area & Queue

and so on and so forth...

-- This is a blank sign . . .

Ozy

FantasmicFan82
08-13-2001, 02:28 PM
Maynard.
But if it had to be non-human, the skull in PotC, i want that at home. i can just put it on my wall. :D

Doodle Duck
08-13-2001, 03:16 PM
Toad's approaching Locomotive...gets me everytime.

Portable Hole (brilliant.)

pixiepal
08-13-2001, 07:08 PM
I always look for the Evil Queen peering thru the window above Snow White's Scary Adventure.
And the fireflies on POTC (I remember those from when I was a kid!)
And Madame Leota's head....and Little Leota, too!
And (this is audio) I love hearing all the stuff going on in the upstairs parts of Main Street and NOS as I walk by.

amynicole22
08-15-2001, 12:22 PM
The "Lost Parents" sign has always cracked me up.

I also like the caterpillar shoes atop the Mushroom at Alice.

TheMur
08-18-2001, 07:08 PM
Regarding the caterpillar shoes, I believe at one time the catepillar actually sat there smoking from the water pipe. I'm sure that they took it out for obvious reasons.

Does anyone else remember the smoking caterpillar?

The Mur

cemeinke
08-18-2001, 10:44 PM
If I recall correctly, the mushroom once held a large book open to viewers on the skyway wishing them a happy un-birthday.

If you watch the movie, you'll notice at one point the caterpillar turns into a butterfly leaving his empty shoes on the mushroom. What a great gag to recreate on the ride.

dghosthost
08-20-2001, 02:08 AM
Audio on mainstreet, and the goofy waterfountain in ToonTown

AP4ten
08-20-2001, 08:03 AM
Goofy's indentation below the diving board in Toontown as well as his lovely garden. Watermelon etc... Waaaa! I can't go because I'm too far away. What I'd give to see those fiberglass clothes swinging in the breeze.

ralfrick
08-20-2001, 09:08 PM
When the queen turns away from the mirror in Snow White is cool I've always thought.

Niwel
08-21-2001, 08:34 AM
I don't know if it's just me...but there seems to be an awful lot of rear ends in Splash Mountain. Everytime you see somebody, you are looking at their bottom! There are even two or three donkies or "Jack***es" (My family and I get a kick out of that).

I love "this is a blank sign" in Toontown

The Sherlock Holmes sillouette in Mr. Toad is very cool.

And the pole in Indiana Jones is sooooo great -- the other guests don't know its there so when I push it, it really freaks them out.:p

Disney Fan Matt
08-22-2001, 12:48 PM
I like the dynamite eating goat on Big Thunder.
And the oily rags and late rags in Roger Rabbit.
Those ones are my favorites!

mad4mky
08-22-2001, 12:56 PM
I know its part of the ride and movie theme...
but the devil's in Mr. Toad's is great. Think about it...It's the only place in DL that you can go straight to h*ll!!:p

Napsto
08-22-2001, 02:30 PM
the sign before toontwon witht he count of people that always changes

Uncle Dick
02-25-2002, 10:16 AM
I love the way Waldorf and Statler react to the Muppet Show, shaking their heads when a bad joke is told, ducking when the vacuum sucks everything in and trying to pop the bubbles that Bean Bunny creates. You can practically watch them for the entire show.

MammaSilva
02-25-2002, 10:57 AM
I love all the gags in toon town, the fish in the gas pump, the different signs, I love the 'sounds' in NOS, the names on the windows on Main Street, we had a blast reading all the posters at Tough to be a bug.....and I'm a huge muppets fan so I loved that show, I didn't notice as many 'gags" at DCA, but I wasn't looking for them there either...

Ace
02-25-2002, 05:22 PM
uhh... I like the robot that gets in trouble in the queue for Star Tours. That one's good, as well as the tombstones in the HM queue.