PDA

View Full Version : POTC and HM Movies

DL*Guy
05-20-2003, 09:26 AM
You guys have probably seen the trailer for the POTC and that movie takes its story from the first part of the ride. The special effects look good (done by Indrustal Light and Magic) as well as the action. I can't wait to see it (for sure I want to see at the AMC theater in DTD).

As for the HM movie, if you watched Access Hollywood you probably saw that they were on the set of the movie. By the looks of it Disney is pulling out all the stops for this movie too, the sets closely resemble the ride. And the set designer took the camera crew thorough the attic set, and by the looks of it, they did there homework. I saw (very briefly) one of the stretching portraits of the wife setting on her husbands head stone.

My question is do you think that these two movies will do justice to the Disneyland classic rides? I love both of these rides, and I hope they will.:D

Dean Higgins
05-20-2003, 09:42 AM
Our biggest fear is not that the rides inspire the movies... but that theese movies may inspire the rides

In other words, I'm afraid they may add an AA Eddie Murphy to the ballroom scene or replace Leota with Ms Tilley.

When they put that AA of Ellen Degeneres in UNIVERSE OF ENERGY's Dinosaur scenes in EPCOT, I realized then that nothing was sacred.

Gemini Cricket
05-20-2003, 09:48 AM
Could you imagine a "It's a Small World" movie? :eek:

I'm actually looking forward to both of these films. I want to see what they're going to do with the theme, art direction and characters. My hopes aren't that high, though. I saw this (http://us.imdb.com/Title?0131620) and was not very impressed.

EandCDad
05-20-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Gemini Cricket
My hopes aren't that high, though. I saw this (http://us.imdb.com/Title?0131620) and was not very impressed.

You don't agree with Wesley Neskora that it is the best movie you've ever seen?

Saw the full trailer for Pirates and don't really see how it relates to the ride other than the skeletons, but maybe the movie will be clearer. I don't really care if it relates to the ride, I just want it to be good.

lazyboy97O
05-20-2003, 10:01 AM
I am looking forward to both of these movies. Pirates looks like it will be agood movie. Of course I am going to be really excited when the announce Space Mountain: The Movie, and WEDway PeopleMover: The Movie. Want to here soemthing funny? A bunch of my friends think they should make a Splash Mountain movie.

Disneyphile
05-20-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by lazyboy97O
A bunch of my friends think they should make a Splash Mountain movie.

Well, they pretty much already did - it's called "Song of the South".;)

I think BTMR should have a film though - a wacky western film about a train that is taken over by its former conductor's ghost, sending it speeding nightly through the local mines.;)

However, please, please, no one give them any ideas to make a film about Superstar Limo...... ooops.... I hope I haven't said too much. Oh the horror of just the thought alone!!! :eek:

BrerFox
05-20-2003, 11:14 AM
What is Eddie Murphy going to do in the HM?!? I don't understand it at all! It would be pretty cool if they showcased the ride.......
WAIT A COTTON PICK'N SECOND!:eek:
I've seen this before!! This is what Walt did to begin with!!! He had the shows that were just dressed up advertisements and people flocked to the park!! Disneyland the show did that! Now insted of TV they moved to the big screen.
I just hope they don't make the movie bigger than the ride and make it out better than what it is....because then theres going to be a lot of disapointed guests! But it will pro'lly be all of us and all the other Disney fans out there that goes and see it

I guess when you're in a rut.....just go back to the orig. formula!!
They could all take a lesson from Walt!

lazyboy97O
05-20-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Disneyphile
I think BTMR should have a film though - a wacky western film about a train that is taken over by its former conductor's ghost, sending it speeding nightly through the local mines.;)

I was also thinking BTMR would make a good movie. Isn't the attraction about an Indian curse or something?

Laffite
05-20-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by DL*Guy
My question is do you think that these two movies will do justice to the Disneyland classic rides? I love both of these rides, and I hope they will.:D [/B]

The movies and the rides will be completely different. In that, the movies will not be representative of the rides AT ALL. The reason POTC movie is called "Curse of the Blackpearl" is because Disney wants to make a clear seperation between the movie and the ride. You could say that Disney is using the names HM and POTC just to solely carry the movies.

On another note. Check out the HM set photos http://www.doombuggies.com/film.htm

Obviously this HM will be different, but still very interesting.

Warm Regards,
Preston.

Wizard69
07-09-2003, 08:59 AM
Did anyone else see Pirates? I saw it at 12:00 AM this morning. It was pretty good. Funny and alot of action. The ending was kinda weak though. Overall, it was a pretty good movie. I'm seeing it again with my family (15 people) at the El Capitan on the 16th.

JCLowesman
07-09-2003, 11:13 AM
Just got back from the first screening in Jacksonville and enjoyed myself very much. FX were great and the story DID help to tie in the major ideas of the original ride well. Possibly the only real weak point was the dialog is a bit hard to hear. It seems to get lost in the background noises, but other than that a well done effort. See it if you can, I don't think it will disapoint.

BTW, where was the hidden Mickey?

disNeytEen
07-09-2003, 11:27 AM
Im just wondering why they are making movies out of there rides our movies that share a common thing between them. Have the imageneirs lost there imagining or is this just something they have always wanted to do.

cutelittleartist
07-09-2003, 11:31 AM
I posted the trailer for the Mansion movie in the entertainment section. It looks good. :)

mrfantasmic
07-09-2003, 02:23 PM
I've heard good things about POTC movie and will see it this weekend! I for one am excited

Wizard69
07-09-2003, 07:43 PM
BTW, where was the hidden Mickey?

I think I saw it at the beginning of the movie but i'll have to check when I see it again on the 16th.

MonorailMan
07-09-2003, 08:43 PM
The only thing, that sucks in my opinion, is that the next generation may see HM, and POTC, as movie to ride conversions.

For example, I'm sure if they realesed Song of the South now, many people would see it as the Splash Mountain movie. ;) :)

blusilva
07-10-2003, 02:25 AM
I just got home from the 11:20 showing of PoTC at the El Capitan.

It was wonderful. Payed homage to the ride in ways that fans of the ride would get immediately, but in ways that really didn't detract from the action. It had a complete plot, fully realized characters and was highly entertaining.

The trailer for the HM movie, though......I don't know. Eddie Murphy. He destroyed Dr. Doolittle. I don't think I want him messing with the HM.