PDA

View Full Version : Apricot Lane to open new store in Downtown Disney Anaheim

AVP
04-12-2011, 10:48 AM
A few weeks ago retailer Apricot Lane posted a listing on a recruiting site for a store manager for a new Downtown Disney location. Disney has now confirmed that Apricot Lane will move into Downtown Disney Anaheim in June, 2011. The new store will replace children's retailer Kitson Kids, which is currently located on the west end of Downtown Disney, outside the AMC Theater. Kitson Kids opened in July, 2009.

Here's the official press release:

Apricot Lane to Join Downtown Disney District
Fashion boutique features celebrity inspired trends

ANAHEIM, CALIF. April 12, 2011 – Disneyland Resort today announced that fashion boutique Apricot Lane will join Downtown Disney in early June 2011.

“We always look to add unique locations that provide our guests a shopping experience unlike anywhere else – Apricot Lane certainly fits that mold,” said Tony Bruno, vice president of Disneyland Resort hotels and Downtown Disney. “Our guests are going to love the fashion collection Apricot Lane has to offer.”

Apricot Lane, an International Council of Shopping Centers “Hot Concept” award winner, carries an impressive collection of branded fashion apparel, jewelry, handbags, and accessories to create the most current looks at an affordable price. Brands carried include trend-setting lines such as Miss Me, Free People, Vintage Havana, Chaser and Good Works Make a Difference.

“Many of the designer labels found in Apricot Lane are worn by celebrities and seen in the pages of current fashion magazines,” said Founder and CEO Ken Petersen. “We are excited to give Disneyland Resort guests a place where they can replicate those looks.”

Since opening in 2007, Apricot Lane has grown to include nearly 75 franchises in 25 states across the country. The company doubled its size in 2010 alone and continuously appears in Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Franchise List. With new items arriving almost daily, Apricot Lane is the perfect place to find one-of-a-kind outfits and unique gift items for women of all ages. The store carries a limited number of each item to ensure customers have a sense of individuality when making a purchase.

Apricot Lane joins approximately 50 retail, dining and entertainment venues that comprise Downtown Disney. Also coming to Downtown Disney in June is Sanuk, a footwear shop offering flip flops, surf sandals and other beach footwear, such as their signature yoga mat flip-flops. Earlier this month Blink, a denim-focused pop-up concept, owned by Wet Seal, opened to guests.

ShelbyH
04-13-2011, 12:33 AM
Oh goody, I can't wait to dress my child like a celebrity's child. That's definitely the defining criteria I have for picking out toddler clothes. I do think a casual shoe store would do very well though. So many people come with uncomfortable shoes.

CariBelle
04-13-2011, 11:07 AM
Oh goody, I can't wait to dress my child like a celebrity's child. That's definitely the defining criteria I have for picking out toddler clothes.

Apricot Lane is an adult clothing store.
They just opened one here and they carry some really cute stuff!

Grandpa Louie
04-14-2011, 02:52 PM
When it tanks they can put in a Radio Shack.

potzbie
04-14-2011, 03:38 PM
When it tanks they can put in a Radio Shack.

Now we're talkin'! :)

We are missing an advanced gizmo store in Downtown Disney. Either a Radio Shack or a Sharper Image. Anything with remote controlled [whatever]. All that stuff you see in airline in-flight shopping catalogs.

Hey, an Apple Store (Macintosh) might be pretty good, too. Anything high tech. What is Bose doing nowadays?

I've had my fill of clothing stores. There are enough eateries.

jananafish
04-14-2011, 04:07 PM
. I do think a casual shoe store would do very well though. So many people come with uncomfortable shoes.

that would be a really good idea! :)

Grandpa Louie
04-15-2011, 10:05 AM
Now we're talkin'! :)

We are missing an advanced gizmo store in Downtown Disney. Either a Radio Shack or a Sharper Image. Anything with remote controlled [whatever]. All that stuff you see in airline in-flight shopping catalogs.

Hey, an Apple Store (Macintosh) might be pretty good, too. Anything high tech. What is Bose doing nowadays?

I've had my fill of clothing stores. There are enough eateries.

And... a place that sells batteries!

On our recent trip my wife, who likes "cutesy" to a fault, commented that even she was glad the scary baby store closed.

Drince88
04-15-2011, 11:19 AM
Anything with remote controlled [whatever].
Like RIDEMAKERZ? (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/shopping/ride-makerz/)

ShelbyH
04-15-2011, 05:21 PM
Apricot Lane is an adult clothing store.
They just opened one here and they carry some really cute stuff!
:eek: Oh my goodness, why on earth did I think it was a children's store??? :confused:

Oh well, anyway...

Oh wait, I think it's because I saw that it's replacing Kitson Kids and that must have stuck in my mind. Sheesh.