PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours Annual Passholder previews confirmed at Disneyland May 23-June 1

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

AVP
04-11-2011, 05:01 PM
This just appeared on the annual passholder website (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/ap/gated/detail?name=AP_StarToursPreview_SweepstakesPage), you must be registered to view it there:

The power of the Force and the magic of Disney combine in a new digital 3D experience launching to the general public on June 3, 2011. Along with R2-D2 and C-3PO, let the Force guide you to different intergalactic destinations!

Enter the Star Tours Annual Passholder opportunity drawing below for a chance to be one of the very first Disneyland Park Guests to ride the newly re-imagined Star Tours (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/disneyland/star-tours/). Take advantage of this exciting chance to be a part of Disneyland Resort history.

You can enter now through the end of the day on May 8, 2011. Annual Passholders may only enter the opportunity drawing once and will not be able to modify their entry once it is submitted. This is a sweepstakes, and you can register to bring up to five more passholders with you. The dates and times are listed as:

Monday, May 23, 2011
9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Winners will be notified by e-mail on or around May 16, 2011.

Here's the fine print:

No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Open to persons age 18 or over who are valid Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders as of April 10, 2011. See Official Rules. Drawing ends at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time on May 8, 2011.

Guests are encouraged to select multiple time periods to increase their chances of winning, but they are only eligible to win a single time period. Annual Passholders may only enter the opportunity drawing once and will not be able to modify their entry once it is submitted. Guests of Annual Passholders must also have an Annual Passport. Only winners will be notified.

May 28 and May 29, 2011 are blockout dates forfor Southern California Select, Southern California, and Deluxe Disneyland Resort Annual Passes. If your time slot is on May 28 or May 29 and you or members of your party have one of these Annual Pass types, you will receive a 1-Day Disneyland Park blockout day ticket for Disneyland Park admission at no charge.

All members of your party must be present and show a Disneyland Resort Annual Passport valid as of April 10, 2011. Admission to the preview event is non-transferable and may not be sold. The winning Annual Passholder must be present for the party to enter the preview event.

Winning time periods will be strictly enforced. Guests will only be allowed to enter the attraction queue during their winning time slot.

The preview event may include long wait periods, is subject to temporary closures and may be canceled at any time. Winning the opportunity drawing does not guarantee admission to the attraction.

Information subject to restrictions and change without notice.

moofeet
04-11-2011, 05:32 PM
Grrrr!! Have trouble logging in!!

lola2009
04-11-2011, 05:45 PM
Fine print says open to 18 and over, but that is just for entering the sweepstakes right? so if I got picked I could bring my AP holding 7 and 12 year olds?

Tinkermommy
04-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Yikes! I went to enter this, and when I logged into the AP section, I discovered my pass info is gone, and they'd reverted back to an address I haven't lived at for over a year! There was a notation that they'd added some new features that would require the information to be re-entered. (I can't imagine what kind of "feature" involves changing my address to an old one, but that's just me. :p)

Anyway, if you haven't been in the AP section lately, make sure your pass numbers are still there. Ours were gone!

Maus
04-11-2011, 06:43 PM
Yes, they changed something. I have never had to log in to disney.com with my email address. I've had a user id for many years but now it doesn't work. The email did though. Guess I should go back and check my address!

craziemutant
04-11-2011, 09:12 PM
I was able to log in with email but my pass number is missing. I swore I've done it before. So I tried reentering because of the wipe you guys are talking about. But it wouldn't let me save the changes. Something about it can't be processed at the moment. =(

rickosuave1987
04-11-2011, 10:06 PM
I just logged in & entered my new pass # (renewed last month) and everything went fine. I entered! I am actually really excited for the new ride. :)

bennette
04-12-2011, 08:04 AM
If you are having trouble logging in to the AP section, log in to the "regular" section on the left side of the Disneyland home page. Once you see the tiny line that says "Welcome Bob" or whatever your name is on the top left, THEN move to the AP section and check or update your info. A CM had me do this last week after a reset of my account still didn't clear up whatever was blocking my access to the AP site. Once I looked in like a "regular" Disney guest, I could move to the AP section easily and since then have been able to directly access the AP login.

We update our information every year when we renew, or I try to. (This year I ended up doing it last week or so, when there were rumors of a soft opening!). Our information was changed around this year as well, as some others have mentioned. A person who was once associated with our family account was "back" and I had to call member services to get that removed. My husband had been removed altogether from the family account although his individual account was fine.

At any rate, we have entered the sweepstakes. Thanks AVP!

Mermaid
04-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Yay! We will actually be there during two of the days- so maybe I will win. I have never won, but I could never really go anyway to any of the other ones. If we do win, we may need a baby holder.....

ETA- wow, just saw you had to have an AP as of 4/10/11. That is the day I got mine! Also, my husband does not have one... so I guess I don't need a baby holder.

JunJunM3
04-12-2011, 06:24 PM
Just entered. I Haven't had much luck when it comes to prize drawings. Hopefully I manage to win just this once.

ShelbyH
04-13-2011, 12:29 AM
I rarely have luck in these kinds of things, but maybe I'll be chosen for this one!

candles71
04-13-2011, 12:28 PM
If we do win, we may need a baby holder.....

I know where you can find one. She is local. ;)

Mermaid
04-13-2011, 02:14 PM
I know where you can find one. She is local. ;)

Well, even if my husband can't go on Star Tours, I welcome any baby holders!

Just not MA weekend....

jananafish
04-13-2011, 05:44 PM
i'm starting to get really ticked off because i keep going in a circle logging in as a 'regular guest' then it tells me i need to add my pass number. so when i click it i go straight to my profile and all my info is there including my PAP number...so i try to go into AP site and it tells me to log in again. i cleared my cache so idk what else to do. this is annoying.

jananafish
04-13-2011, 06:12 PM
i tried different browsers too (i.e., firefox, & chrome) and none worked...sooooo...i'll try at work tomorrow. but i'm still annoyed. :)

kelli1rose
04-13-2011, 08:19 PM
I am in the same evil loop, Jannafish................grrrrrr

candles71
04-14-2011, 07:26 AM
I am in the same evil loop, Jannafish................grrrrrr

There are others, who can't get in to renew their passes in another thread. Something is wrong with the site.

AVP
04-14-2011, 07:46 AM
I was having the *exact* same problem, and had to write to guest communications to get them to clear it.

AVP

bennette
04-14-2011, 08:01 AM
I was able to get a "live" person clear by calling the number that's listed for help validating children's AP's. It's 877.466.6669. (I found this number by accident when clicking "something" took be to this page (https://register.go.com/go/goFAQ#VALIDATE).

I still had to to do the "side" log in but at least it worked and I was able to reenter my pass number. That was about (?) ten days ago and my subsequent log ins this week have all been fine. I entered my husband's number (which had disappeared) a few days ago.

Maybe the number will work for others.

Karin
04-14-2011, 08:11 AM
Any idea when the winners will be notified?

cstephens
04-14-2011, 10:22 AM
Any idea when the winners will be notified?

According to the website:

Winners will be notified by e-mail on or around May 16, 2011.

shna
04-14-2011, 12:03 PM
I just entered. If I win, I'll scoop up DD after school & head down with her. If I don't win, I'll spend it as a solo day in the parks anyway -- but I'll be able to get an earlier start.

I have plans to go to the parks in August, but I simply can NOT wait that long between visits (I was just there for MA this past weekend). I try to get there roughly every six weeks -- but this might be seven. The horror!!!

jananafish
04-14-2011, 03:54 PM
yaaayyy its working now :D

SigalTchelet
04-14-2011, 09:29 PM
yaaayyy its working now :D

Not working for me! I can't seem to log in at the regular sign in or AP sign in! Grrrr....

kingqueen 3princesses
04-15-2011, 07:24 AM
I'm assuming that if we register as having a party of six, but only four of us can make it at the selected time, that's not a problem, right? I understand you all have to be there at the same time to participate though. Do you have to put all your party's info. in when entering the sweepstakes or just the person entering and then they can bring whoever as long as they have an AP?