PDA

View Full Version : My idea for Tomorrowland!

DivaPrincess
05-19-2003, 02:08 PM
Here's my idea-

Change Tomorrowland to Yesterland and celebrate the history of Disneyland. Keep Spacemountain and Subs, but take out Autopia, HISTA, Innoventions and re-create some of the rides from Disneylands past from every era. I, for one, am very interested in the rides from Disneylands past and would love a trip through the rich history of Disneyland, much more that outdated speculations of the future.

merlinjones
05-19-2003, 02:14 PM
They could do this easily without changing the name from Tomorrowland (I would never want to lose the five original thmed lands) - by going back to the ultramodern spaceage look, and bringing back Carousel of Progress, Adventure Thru Inner Space, PeopleMover and Rocket Jets (in place of Honey, Star Tours and Innoventions).

Yay!

CrayZforDisney
05-20-2003, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by DivaPrincess
Here's my idea-

Change Tomorrowland to Yesterland and celebrate the history of Disneyland. Keep Spacemountain and Subs, but take out Autopia, HISTA, Innoventions and re-create some of the rides from Disneylands past from every era. I, for one, am very interested in the rides from Disneylands past and would love a trip through the rich history of Disneyland, much more that outdated speculations of the future.

Great idea :) ! Except, Autopia is one of the original attractions, and shouldn't be taken out.

Instead, they should redo the entrance and cars to how they looked in the 50's. They should take out the center guide rails...
.... and Poof! you have the 50's Autopia!

Then, have a Walt Disney look- alike walking around the land signing autographs, and talking about future plans. However, this person should talk like Walt Disney. Also, all television monitors in the pre shows in the land will be in black and white to give an old 50's look.

They should paint the Submarines back to their original color, and bring back the original monorails. If they bring back the original Monorails, they should put in new mechanisms, but keep the original look. These little touches would add a perfect addition to the land.

This topic definetely caught my interest. So, I love your idea, and it would be great if it all came true. Tomorrowland would be transformed from a poor, struggling land to a new ( well, kind of new) exciting land!

lazyboy97O
05-20-2003, 03:20 PM
I wouldn't want to loose Tomorrowland. I don't think it should really look to the future, but the old Space Age future. I wouldn't take out Autopia because it is an original attraction. I don't get everybody's hate for Star Tours though.

Tref
05-20-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by CrayZforDisney
Great idea :) ! Except, Autopia is one of the original attractions, and shouldn't be taken out.
Then, have a Walt Disney look- alike walking around the land signing autographs, and talking about future plans. However, this person should talk like Walt Disney. Also, all television monitors in the pre shows in the land will be in black and white to give an old 50's look.

I agree with all of you that it would be a great idea --- BUT --- a Walt look-a-like walking around and signing autographs and discussing future plans(!) is just about the creepiest thing I have ever read on this site!

merlinjones
05-20-2003, 04:43 PM
>>a Walt look-a-like walking around and signing
autographs and discussing future plans(!) is just about the creepiest thing I have ever read on this site!<<

How about a look-a-like Michael Eisner walking around trying to sell beanie babies? Now that's creepy...

CaliforniaAdventurer
05-20-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Tref
I agree with all of you that it would be a great idea --- BUT --- a Walt look-a-like walking around and signing autographs and discussing future plans(!) is just about the creepiest thing I have ever read on this site!

AGREED....

I love Walt but: Let's just stop living in the 50's people ! ! !

CrayZforDisney
05-20-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Tref

O.K., maybe not a Walt Disney look- alike...

DivaPrincess
05-20-2003, 05:42 PM
Walk-a-round-Walt would definetely be out -
and I know Autopia was an origional, but from what I understand, it was an origional deathtrap.

I'm saying, bring back rides from any land or era with nostalgic values, although I wouldn't want to get rid of one of Walt's original lands. There's a lot of space - add a Yesterland starting where Innoventions and Autopia is.

I don't know logistics or what rides even previously existed, but people are so nostalgic for Disneyland, it would be a step to the future, and a tribute to the past.

Oh, and I know you are all going to throw cat pooh at me, but I like the paint on Space Mountain. The all white looks to retro - not futuristic at all, which is the point of Tomorrowland, right? Otherwise, it could be the Tomorrow of times past land.

Ready, aim, fire!

CrayZforDisney
05-20-2003, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by DivaPrincess
Walk-a-round-Walt would definetely be out -
and I know Autopia was an origional, but from what I understand, it was an origional deathtrap.

I'm saying, bring back rides from any land or era with nostalgic values, although I wouldn't want to get rid of one of Walt's original lands. There's a lot of space - add a Yesterland starting where Innoventions and Autopia is.

I don't know logistics or what rides even previously existed, but people are so nostalgic for Disneyland, it would be a step to the future, and a tribute to the past.

Oh, and I know you are all going to throw cat pooh at me, but I like the paint on Space Mountain. The all white looks to retro - not futuristic at all, which is the point of Tomorrowland, right? Otherwise, it could be the Tomorrow of times past land.

Ready, aim, fire!

Autopia wasn't a death trap in the 50's! It was much better than it is today.

AstroGoof
05-21-2003, 08:28 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing the "Identified Flying Objects" or whatever those things were called making a comeback.