PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland 50 years from now

CrayZforDisney
05-18-2003, 05:10 PM
In 1955, I wonder if Walt Disney thought about what his magic kingdom of Disneyland would be like 50 years after its opening. I bet he had no clue it would turn out the way it is today. He always wanted change, and he wanted Disneyland to grow and stay alive.
Now, in the 21st century, Disneyland is totally different than the way it was in 1955. It has grown and changed, just what Walt had asked for. The 50th anniversary of Disneyland is coming up soon, and I was wondering what Disneyland would be like in 50 years from now. What rides do you think would have to go? What rides or attractions do you think would stay? I want to know your hopes of the future for Disneyland. Will the one hundredth anniversary of Disneyland even come to be? We'll just have to wait 50 years to find out :) !

jtracy
05-18-2003, 05:51 PM
Disneyland: Rise of the Machines
For the 100 year anniversary Tomorrowland looks desolate except for some animatronic robots to entertain those passing by all the closed attractions. ;)

Seriously, though, here's what I think must go, be majorly upgraded, and remained (top 2 for each category):

What rides must go?
1) Innoventions
2) Honey I Shrunk the Audience

What rides must most undergo major upgrades?
1) Autopia (still out of place in "Tomorrowland")
2) The Subs (needs a futuristic feel)

What must remain even 100 more years from now?
1) Pirates of the Carribean (a timeless Disneyland classic)
2) It's a Small World (another timeless Disneyland classic)

jerjer2005
05-18-2003, 06:14 PM
great post!

ok here it goes...

Disney is a very unpredictable thing, thats what makes it so great and keeps people coming for more, just like a reality tv show theres always something that could happen that we never thought of.

***to the comment of inoventions and HISTA needing to leave before the 100th aniversary... you wont have to wait til then. (disneyland is planning a full overlay of tomorrowland in 2008. )(thats if these attractions last this long)

I seriously dont know if some of the older attractions can stand another 50 years of wear and tear... but only time will tell. too bad we all wont live to see the 1,000 aniversary of disneyland lol
DISNEYLAND 4EVER!!!!!!

DivaPrincess
05-19-2003, 02:02 PM
Don't touch -

Matterhorn
Fantasyland
The Castle
Pirates
Haunted Mansion
The Disneyland Express (train)
Mainstreet
The Hub

Love the other stuff, but some things are just traditional.

Rick
05-19-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by DivaPrincess
Don't touch -

Matterhorn
Fantasyland
The Castle
Pirates
Haunted Mansion
Mainstreet
The Hub

Hear, hear!

CrayZforDisney
05-19-2003, 03:19 PM
Thank You for the nice, interesting, and great comments everyone! I agree with most of you! :)

Disneyfreak
05-19-2003, 04:37 PM
Im sorry to say but everything good has to come to an end. I seriously doubt that pirates of the caribbean or haunted mansion will stay there for hundreds of years. You just have to let it go seriously. Its just like humans, we have to die some day and its the same for those classic attractions. You must realize this. If anything they will completely revamp the ride and install new equipment and update the show. Nothing will be original in the future.

CrayZforDisney
05-20-2003, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by DivaPrincess
Don't touch -

Matterhorn
Fantasyland
The Castle
Pirates
Haunted Mansion
Mainstreet
The Hub

I know we can't preserve every attraction at Disneyland. Disneyland is always growing and changing as Walt wanted it to. However, I would like to add one attraction that should stay. Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room. Let's not forget that the Tiki Room is the one that started all the audio anamatronics in 1963. Without the Tiki Room, Pirates of the Carribean, Haunted Mansion, and Splash Mountain wouldn't have been created. I vote to keep the Tiki Room, and leave it the way it is, ( I don't like how they changed it in Walt Disney World)it for sure is a true Disney classic.

Pat-n-Eil
05-20-2003, 07:48 AM
I am almost ashamed to admit that I've been to Disneyland at least once a year for the past 7 years (and before that as a Kid in the 70s and Grad night in '82) and I have never been to the Tiki room. I have, of course, seen the Dole beverage stand and walked by it hundreds of times.. but only after reading this forum (and also listening to the Tiki Tiki Tiki Room song on the Disneyland CD) have I decided that this fall, we will all go take in the Tiki Room Show!

As for the Matterhorn.. I'd replace it with something else. Some other mountain.. either that or a totally new track with a new bobsled design. That ride is about as uncomfortable a coaster as I've ever been on. Last year my son and I tried it again, and again I came to the conclusion that the Matterhorn is just not worth the wait nor is it worth the discomfort.. and there is no real payoff. No big dips - and I know some compare it to Space Mountain, but for me - that isn't even close. So I hold the unpopular view that the Matterhorn is dispensible. I know the skyline of Disneyland wouldn't be the same without it - but IMO something needs to be done to revamp that ride.

CrayZforDisney
05-20-2003, 02:30 PM
You haven't been inside the Tiki Room Pat&Eil? Well, you'll love it when you view it on your next trip to Disneyland! It is definitely a magical and memorable attraction! However, keep in mind that it is 40 years old, and does not have the newest technologies. I want to know how you like it ! :)

XxJack SkellingtonxX
05-20-2003, 08:35 PM
Disneyland 50 years from now. The classic rides should be done up a lot. The haunted mansion needs a much more holographic experiance. The streaching room the portraits should slowly change their expressions to more evil twisted ones as the room streaches. The hanging man should drop towards the audiance with the scream then suddenly stop. The ghosts during the ride should come out towards the doom buggies and in the end the ghost really should sit in your car.

Pirates should really shoot cannon balls into the water, the battle scean needs to have the pirates sword fighting in plain view struggling to balance on narrow ledges. The water falls could have cooler moving images on them. Space Mountain should include some nice comets flying by and much cooler effects like fling past planets and in and out of space battles.

New rides should include a new mountain that takes you perhaps into the past traveling through the different eras, call it "Chrono Mountain" or something. You know just cool stuff like this. These are of course VERY sketchy ideas.

It of course should include a MUCH more advanced looking walt give his opening speech to a crowd before opening the gates once more to the new rides, then he could have his own show in the opera house discribing his vision for Disneyland and how he feels about where it has gone.

eryn
05-21-2003, 09:50 AM
It's so hard to say what will happen in the next 52 years. The world is going through major changes right now. I personally am hoping it's heading in a good direction. I also hope, if Disneyland is still around, that the classics are still in operation. Disneyland can't be Disneyland without POTC and HM. I have been to the attended the 35 and 40 year anniversary, am planning to attend the 50 year and most definatly the 100 year anniversary! (you get seniors discounts at 77 right?!) lol See all you old and grey disney fans there!!!

CrayZforDisney
05-25-2003, 08:48 AM
Currently, there has been controversy over old threads. This thread is already dying! We need to help it! Its only been out for a few days, and I would like to bump it up to its former glory. ;) There has to be more people that can respond to this topic!

... O.K., I am desperate! :D

mousketeer
05-25-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by CrayZforDisney
Currently, there has been controversy over old threads. This thread is already dying! We need to help it! Its only been out for a few days, and I would like to bump it up to its former glory. ;) There has to be more people that can respond to this topic!

... O.K., I am desperate! :D

CrayZforDisney, not every thread has to be a blockbuster. If you'd like to know, every thread has been fairly dead lately. Most padders are students, mostly college, and we are all at the end of our semester, which means finals! Once the summer recess has come, expect a lot more thread action. If you really cannot wait, I suggest you try the boards on MouseInfo or LaughingPlace, which are always booming. Although I rarely post there, my screen names are mouseketeer (MI) and mouseketears (LP).