PDA

View Full Version : Thumper statue

Pages : [1] 2

pinksand
03-31-2011, 06:15 AM
Can someone please tell me where the Thumper Statue is by Snow White's grotto? I'd like to take a photo on my next visit and could use a more precise location. Thanks.

Niwel
03-31-2011, 06:56 AM
There is a rabbit near the grotto, but it isn't thumper (it is cute though). :)

Malcon10t
03-31-2011, 09:56 AM
SOMETHING in the back of my mind is saying the Thumper bronze statue is in the hub. Not 100% certain, but will glance through MDM's pics to see...

carolinakid
03-31-2011, 10:01 AM
That's where I've seen the Thumper statue......in the hub!

cstephens
03-31-2011, 10:54 AM
Nope, no Thumper in the hub. The rabbit is actually the White Rabbit.

I have a posting here that has pics and placement of all the hub statues. (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/thehub.html)

The rabbits in Snow White's grotto are just random woodland creatures. I can't think of where a Thumper statue would be since there's no Bambi stuff in the park.

DwarfPlanet
03-31-2011, 12:28 PM
Okay I'm going out on a limb here but isn't there another couple statues to the left of the Castle when looking at it from Main street? Or am I getting confused with WDW.

Malcon10t
03-31-2011, 12:52 PM
cstephens - The White Rabbit isn't what I was picturing. BUT, I am old. I have a very clear mental image of a bronze Thumper. I very easily could have created it in my head....

cstephens
03-31-2011, 12:57 PM
cstephens - The White Rabbit isn't what I was picturing. BUT, I am old. I have a very clear mental image of a bronze Thumper. I very easily could have created it in my head....

It could be somewhere we're just not thinking of, but I can't come up with it. Or maybe you're picturing a piece of merchandise that was released some time?

CariBelle
03-31-2011, 01:06 PM
Isn't there one of an owl also?

stan4d_steph
03-31-2011, 01:37 PM
The animal statues in front of the castle are associated with Sleeping Beauty. There is a rabbit, but it's not Thumper.

Tink Lover
03-31-2011, 05:24 PM
BUT, I am old. I have a very clear mental image of a bronze Thumper. I very easily could have created it in my head....

Sending you a big virtual hug. I'm on my way ... And I have a very clear mental image of Luke Skywalker "dropping into a ravine very much like the one on the Death Star" while he was just a boy on Tattooine (?) hunting some kind of animal in that hovercraft-thingy of his. So, when he achieved the same feat on the Death Star, it was easy-peasy and just like old times for him.

I swear I saw that on film somewhere. I swear it.

pinksand
03-31-2011, 05:42 PM
The photos I have seen of the rabbit, he is on a bronze pedestal, it looks like? Maybe it isn't Thumper. He is kind of on his hind legs.

revwog1974
03-31-2011, 06:09 PM
If you go to Disneyland.com one of the first pictures you see is one of a castle with a rabbit in the foreground. Is that perhaps the image you're thinking of?

Malcon10t
03-31-2011, 06:56 PM
Nope, not that one. But MDM has said I am insane and it is in my head. So, sorry.... But the one in my head is really cool! I want one!

stan4d_steph
03-31-2011, 07:29 PM
The photos I have seen of the rabbit, he is on a bronze pedestal, it looks like? Maybe it isn't Thumper. He is kind of on his hind legs.You're not the only one (http://www.flickr.com/photos/klvinci/3208413888/) who thinks it's Thumper.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3341/3208413888_d38298272a.jpg

Cute rabbit, but not Thumper.

pinksand
03-31-2011, 08:29 PM
YES! Thank you! That is exactly the image! Looks like it is stage-left of the Castle? Is it easy to get to?

And lastly, that is NOT Thumper?!

You're not the only one (http://www.flickr.com/photos/klvinci/3208413888/) who thinks it's Thumper.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3341/3208413888_d38298272a.jpg

Cute rabbit, but not Thumper.

stan4d_steph
04-01-2011, 05:24 AM
YES! Thank you! That is exactly the image! Looks like it is stage-left of the Castle? Is it easy to get to?

And lastly, that is NOT Thumper?!It's right on the walkway along the moat. Easy to get to. Not Thumper. It's Sleeping Beauty's castle, not Bambi's castle.

Tinkermommy
04-01-2011, 05:30 AM
Isn't there one of an owl also?

There is indeed one of an owl! We took pictures of kids dressed in their Harry Potter robes with the owl statue. It's to the left as you face the castle.

Drince88
04-01-2011, 06:11 AM
Thank GOODNESS those statues haven't been on a MA I've played. I don't think I've ever really paid attention to them before!

CariBelle
04-01-2011, 07:54 AM
There is indeed one of an owl! We took pictures of kids dressed in their Harry Potter robes with the owl statue. It's to the left as you face the castle.

Awww! Love it!

Grandpa Louie
04-01-2011, 07:57 AM
It's right on the walkway along the moat. Easy to get to. Not Thumper. It's Sleeping Beauty's castle, not Bambi's castle.

What's next, no Bambi's Soarin' Over California? No Bambi's Monorail? No Bambi's Steakhouse 55.

Please, say it isn't so.

BlkPearlCptn
04-01-2011, 11:19 AM
Sending you a big virtual hug. I'm on my way ... And I have a very clear mental image of Luke Skywalker "dropping into a ravine very much like the one on the Death Star" while he was just a boy on Tattooine (?) hunting some kind of animal in that hovercraft-thingy of his. So, when he achieved the same feat on the Death Star, it was easy-peasy and just like old times for him.

I swear I saw that on film somewhere. I swear it.

Luke would have been looking for womprats. If it was there (and I think I remember it too), it would have only been seen in the first week of release. They also had a scene with Luke and Biggs. They took the film back after the first week in release and re-edited it. Took out the Biggs scene. (Now I'm going to have to go find out about the womprat scene).

carolinakid
04-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Are there character statues around the hub at WDW's MK? Maybe Thumper's in Florida...

Tink Lover
04-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Luke would have been looking for womprats. If it was there (and I think I remember it too), it would have only been seen in the first week of release. They also had a scene with Luke and Biggs. They took the film back after the first week in release and re-edited it. Took out the Biggs scene. (Now I'm going to have to go find out about the womprat scene).

Oooh, oooh, oooh ... Yes, womprats, that's right! .... I cannot tell you how awesome it is to hear you say that you can kind of remember it too ... I would be so eternally grateful if you came up with some kind of evidence that shows that it once was there ...

BlkPearlCptn
04-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Oooh, oooh, oooh ... Yes, womprats, that's right! .... I cannot tell you how awesome it is to hear you say that you can kind of remember it too ... I would be so eternally grateful if you came up with some kind of evidence that shows that it once was there ...

Give me a few days (a lot of my SW peeps are at WonderCon) and I'll put it up on FB and see if anyone else remembers it.