PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion

priyanka59
05-17-2003, 08:18 AM
Does anyone actually know if the stretching room in the Haunted Mansion goes up or down? I don't know, that one has been stumping me ever since I rode the ride....hmmm...I think it goes up because the pictures go up, but then again, we could go down as the pictures go up, and then again...there are so many different things I could think of! I hope someone could give me an answer...

Oh yah, and does anybody remember the mice part in Honey I shrunk the Audience? How did they do that?

GrowupDisney
05-17-2003, 08:46 AM
My understanding is that the stretching room in the Haunted Mansion is an elevator that takes you down.

I believe that the mice thing in HISTA is done with air jets.

MammaSilva
05-17-2003, 08:59 AM
The stretching room in the Disneyland HM is an elevator that decends to the loading area for the ride.

I agree, I think the mice effect is done with compressed air.

What I want to know is how they do the bug exit effect in ITTBAB

JenGood008
05-17-2003, 09:00 AM
The stretching room in the HM does indeed take you down. When you walk through the hallway of portraits, you are actually walking under the berm to the show building that is technically outside of DL. At WDW, the stretching room's ceiling goes up.

shila
05-17-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by mammasilva

What I want to know is how they do the bug exit effect in ITTBAB

From what I understood that effect is done within the chairs. Its a ball that rolls underneath your seat horizontally; kind of like in the massage chairs that have those large moving metal balls.

MammaSilva
05-17-2003, 09:56 AM
Thanks!

CrayZforDisney
05-17-2003, 06:12 PM
When you're riding the Disneyland Railroad through New Orleans Square, look through the trees to your left. There, you should see a huge warehouse- looking building. Inside that building is the actual Haunted Mansion attraction. JenGood008 summed up the rest of the Haunted Mansion information.

priyanka59
05-18-2003, 09:00 PM
Thank you so much! It helps now that I know that because I have pondered on that question for years now!

I like the bug affect on ITTBAB...I jumped up the first time I saw the show since I was so scared. Everytime I go on it now I am prepared, but I always jump up! Ha ha! :D

Thanks again!

luvmickey
05-18-2003, 09:47 PM
If the stretching room goes down, where in the wallpaper does it not connect to the rest of the wallpaper? I have been on it so many times, and still can't figure it out. I know the bottom part of the frame moves down with you, but what about the wallpaper? Please help. :(

mousketeer
05-18-2003, 09:53 PM
If I remember correctly, the WDW version's ceiling rises, and guest stay put, a.k.a. no guest elevator.

Not Afraid
05-18-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by GrowupDisney
I believe that the mice thing in HISTA is done with air jets.

There are actually holes in the front of the seats. At the appropriate time, little rubber/plastic "tails" energe from the holes and wiggle around.

If you ever sit next to an empty seat, put your hand on the end of the upright seat before the mice scene. It was more shocking to me than the tails.:eek:

Haldwitten
05-19-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by luvmickey
If the stretching room goes down, where in the wallpaper does it not connect to the rest of the wallpaper? I have been on it so many times, and still can't figure it out. I know the bottom part of the frame moves down with you, but what about the wallpaper? Please help. :(

If you look at the very small strip of "wall" between the top of the frame and the ceiling, you'll be able to see that it is the solid part that moves along with the ceiling. Once the pictures stop stretching, that part locks into place and looks like the rest of wall for the rest of the "stretch." The seams are hidden in the striping of the wallpaper.

:cool:

MetalliKitty
05-19-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
There are actually holes in the front of the seats. At the appropriate time, little rubber/plastic "tails" energe from the holes and wiggle around.

That explains a lot.

Anyone else here have an unpleasant experience at (in?) HISTA while wearing minimal footwear? Not that it was frightening to me, but the one time I was in there wearing slip-on Vans with no socks, it actually kind of hurt my bare ankles. Kind of like getting snapped with a rubber band.:confused: :crying:

luvmickey
05-19-2003, 09:48 PM
If you look at the very small strip of "wall" between the top of the frame and the ceiling, you'll be able to see that it is the solid part that moves along with the ceiling. Once the pictures stop stretching, that part locks into place and looks like the rest of wall for the rest of the "stretch." The seams are hidden in the striping of the wallpaper.

Thank you, Haldwitten. I am going to look carefully when I go this weekend. :D