PDA

View Full Version : Soft Openings: Star Tours & Little Mermaid

imbartalk
03-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Any news, whispers, rumors as to when there may be soft openings for either Star Tours or Little Mermaid. And if so, how does one get on that list!

Angie2009
03-29-2011, 01:15 PM
I'm hoping for a trial run on April 10 in the morning for cute 6 year olds in Jedi costumes lining up early for Jedi Training (and their families).

Alas, that is only a dream. I haven't heard anything.

R44kids2
03-29-2011, 01:22 PM
Hey Buddy, good to see you posting here.

Drince88
03-29-2011, 01:40 PM
Soft Openings, if they have them, won't be announced. They'll just 'happen'. (Though once they do happen, word will spread like wildfire!)

Previews are usually more 'formal' and the attraction/what's been done/timing of the construction all play into if Disney decides to do that or not. I think Cast Member previews are generally the first thing, if they have them, and usually word will slip out that they're having them, even if nothing slips out about the actual attraction.

TowerofTerror
03-29-2011, 09:21 PM
its unannunced and can happen at anytime. I wouldnt think sofft opening for star tours or little mermaid until may and maybe end of april

ShelbyH
03-29-2011, 10:19 PM
Yeah, we stumbled across a soft opening of Space Mountain after the refurb. It was awesome. I can't wait for these two, although Star Tours has always made me a little nauseous.

SigalTchelet
03-29-2011, 11:18 PM
We are going to be in the parks May 19-22. I am so hoping fo ra soft opening of at least Little Mermaid. But of course, I would not mind if we caught a soft opening of Star Tours! Fingers Crossed!

ChrisGlass
03-30-2011, 11:22 AM
If Star Tours gets a soft opening, I'm calling a sick day and barreling down the freeway ASAP.

Janis and Aaron
03-30-2011, 05:26 PM
If Star Tours gets a soft opening, I'm calling a sick day and barreling down the freeway ASAP.

Amen to that!

revwog1974
03-30-2011, 09:44 PM
When we're in the parks what should we look for to indicate a soft opening? Lines outside the ride?

ShelbyH
03-30-2011, 09:58 PM
When we're in the parks what should we look for to indicate a soft opening? Lines outside the ride?

That's how we found Space Mountain. We were walking around the corner and were like "Wait, are they actually letting people into Space Mountain???" Given Star Tours' location I think it will be pretty easy to spot an opening. Probably the same for Little Mermaid too.

ogold72
03-31-2011, 08:45 PM
Changing the focus a bit - so for Star Tours on the official opening day - 3 June, I want to jump into the park as soon as it opens and get FPs for the fam (and possibly get in line immedietly too). I want to take all the tickets and go there by myself while the fam is getting ready for the day. So my question is can I do this? Do I have to have the tickets scanned for the day in order to get the FPs? If required to have the tickets scanned at the front entrance, does the fam have to go through the gates or can I just get them scanned?

AVP
03-31-2011, 09:12 PM
If required to have the tickets scanned at the front entrance, does the fam have to go through the gates or can I just get them scanned?Tickets must be activated, and they won't activate them if the ticket holder is not present.

AVP

crissy89
04-01-2011, 08:51 AM
Hello! Just got back from DL yesterday and a CM told us that soft openings for those rides would be towards the end of May.

olegc
04-01-2011, 10:57 AM
here we go again.... don't take anything a CM says as a solid piece of information unless confirmed by other sources - and Disney management.

tinksmygirl
04-01-2011, 11:45 AM
We can dream though!! We are there May 19-24 and are definately hoping for soft openings!

Mermaid
04-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Changing the focus a bit - so for Star Tours on the official opening day - 3 June, I want to jump into the park as soon as it opens and get FPs for the fam (and possibly get in line immedietly too).?
I believe AVP also speculated in another thread that there might not be FP offered that first day because of the media event. That stinks for us since we have to baby swap it and that is our last day. If it won't be open at opening and there is no FP, I don't see us riding it that day. :(

SigalTchelet
04-01-2011, 03:06 PM
We can dream though!! We are there May 19-24 and are definately hoping for soft openings!

Right! Keep on Dreaming! I will be there the same time!

ogold72
04-02-2011, 12:24 AM
I believe AVP also speculated in another thread that there might not be FP offered that first day because of the media event. That stinks for us since we have to baby swap it and that is our last day. If it won't be open at opening and there is no FP, I don't see us riding it that day. :(

Thats our last day too. I will try to scout the evening before and get the latest info. I didnt know it was discussed that FPs wouldnt be available on opening day.

I wonder when they might actually let guests go onto the ride?

lbanker
04-02-2011, 03:13 PM
I really hope its the week of may 20th too cause im gonna be there!!!that would be soo awesome since i love star tours and it would just be awesome to see a new ride before it opens...what are the chances both of the soft opens will be on the same day??

megzrg
04-03-2011, 07:21 AM
Going to be in the park May 30th through June 2nd and keeping my fingers crossed for soft openings that week since we are leaving the day before the "official" opening.

Don't want the same thing to happen to my kid that happened to me when I was younger and we left Disneyland the day before Splash Mountain opened. Ended up not getting to ride it until 20 years later. :(

revwog1974
04-03-2011, 08:59 AM
Ended up not getting to ride it until 20 years later. :(

Wow.

micmoushous
04-19-2011, 11:24 AM
Anyone have any idea when there will be soft openings for the Little Mermaid Ride? Or if they will offer an annual passholder event? We will be there until June 1st and are hoping and wishing that we will be able to ride it!

potzbie
04-19-2011, 04:12 PM
There is a thread, "Soft openings: Star Tours & Little Mermaid," which is current as of April 3, 2011.

Why not "bump" that thread, so that we don't have duplicate threads running simultaneously in the same month (April)?