PDA

View Full Version : Hidden treasures at Disneyland

Pages : [1] 2

Glen
05-16-2003, 04:45 PM
What's your favorite attraction that is the most overlooked.

Golden Horseshoe - they had a new show last week. It was really funny.

Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln - the 3D audio is really good. I worked on 3D audio simulation in the early 90's and Disney has it down.

Disney Gallery - great art.

Bengal Bar-B-Q - best food in the park. Bayan Beef, or Asparagus Wrapped with Bacon. Too good and decent prices.

mousketeer
05-16-2003, 05:07 PM
All of your's, plus:

1. Main Street Cinema
2. Enchanted Tiki Room
3. La Petite Patisserie (when its open twice a year :mad: )
4. Mint Julep Bar
5. Mark Twain Riverboat
6. Storybookland Canal Boats
7. Sailing Ship Columbia and Museum
8. Carnation Cafe

Kuzcotopia
05-16-2003, 06:49 PM
You guys picked all of mine. Bengal Barbeque YUM!!!!

How about I add

The Porch.

Aladdin's OTHER Lamp.

Stitch's Picture Phone

mousketeer
05-16-2003, 08:54 PM
I love that porch.

I can also think that on Main Street building alcoves, there are various mementos, such as the photo of Walt and first two guests. These extras give Disneyland its real magic.

MammaSilva
05-16-2003, 09:09 PM
one of my favorite hidden spots is in Nos.. those little alcoves.. the one with the stairway.... beautiful!

Rustin
05-16-2003, 11:58 PM
The Music store on Main Street.

I have been to disneyland a million times and just found this last year.

Nigel2
05-17-2003, 12:15 AM
Well the music store has only been arround for a few years.

Rustin
05-17-2003, 12:23 AM
Well.. I guess I don't feel so dumb then :)

I was in the magic shop and strolled right in there to find all kinds of great stuff. The albums from all of the on park entertainment... even some acts I haven't seen around in a while.

There are fake books with every single disney tune I have ever heard of. it was great. I spent way too much money and since the girl in there was so nice I spent way too much time!

MOUSELUVR
05-17-2003, 12:53 PM
Mousketeer...I too LOVE the mint julep bar. Not too many people know it's there. Nothing like a mint julep on a hot day and hop on the train for a cruise arond the park while you drink it...wish I was there right now:D

wdtv
05-17-2003, 01:24 PM
I absolutely looooooooooooooove the Mark Twain! My family & I rarely go on it (I'm the only one who ever wants to :) ), but it is great. The "back country" is so neat; it feels as if it could go on forever! It's so weird: when the river was empty, it seemed so miniscule. But when it's filled with water, it looks so huge.
The Mark Twain is definately overlooked by many people.

I also love just listening to the band on Royal Street (Across from the cafe, if I remember right); the evening is the perfect time, IMO. While most people pass them without a care, I consider watching them amidst the atmosphere of New Orleans a truly magical and unique experience.
Definately underestimated by most.

scaeagles
05-17-2003, 02:21 PM
The silhouette lady on mainstreet - she's been doing it for 25 years or so.

swtkissez
05-17-2003, 02:39 PM
i just loooove bein in toontown...not going on anything, just taking in the atmosphere, its like being in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit."

:D :D :D

oregonzooron
05-17-2003, 03:05 PM
Storybookland Canal Boats! I just love this ride - and have to take a cruise at least twice each visit.

Once during the day, once at night!

see you at the zoo

ron

Ace
05-17-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by oregonzooron
Once during the day, once at night!

I've always wanted to do the SBLCB at night (woo, I made up an acronym) but it always has a weird schedule because of the parades or something. Anyone know why?

mousketeer
05-17-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Ace
I've always wanted to do the SBLCB at night (woo, I made up an acronym) but it always has a weird schedule because of the parades or something. Anyone know why?

Come to think of it, I've only done the SBLCB during the day. The illuminations must be amazing.

AliKzam
05-18-2003, 03:51 AM
I love the story windows at the emporium. The ones that are basically what's in Sleeping Beauty castle, but with the current movie. I also once saw AAs of those bird school cartoons of the 60s in the Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, but this was like ten years ago. It's gone now, but it was in a crevice by the door and was set up like a small classroom. There was the owl teacher, one or two bird students, and the dunce bird in the back. The lights were out around it and it never came on, but I stared at it and tried to imagine what it would all do if it did.
Yeah I also like the silhouette shop, only the CM who did my silhoette both times was a man, I think. I also like the barbershop quartette and the voodoo lady in a window of NOS.

10krbell
05-18-2003, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by Ace

I believe it has to do with the way the queue is set up. But again I could be *very* wrong!!!

rexfarms
05-18-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by AliKzam
the voodoo lady in a window of NOS.

Can you acutally see her? Or just hear her voice?

keschy
05-18-2003, 11:37 AM
I love Snow White's bridge and the wishing well, we go there everytime we are at DL. King Triton's alcove is really nice. also the place near fantasyland that is under the monorail tracks across from the matterhorn. All those little tables are a great place to sit and rest.

Pirate Girl
05-18-2003, 11:41 AM
Innoventions! No, just kidding! Tiki room and the Candy Store in Frontierland.

Gemini Cricket
05-18-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by rexfarms
Can you acutally see her? Or just hear her voice?
Like the man taking the shower over the lockers area on Main Street, you can only hear her. It's pretty funny.

Other treasures:

1. The Wicked Queen peering through the curtains over "Snow White's Scary Adventures".

2. The Mark Twain Pilothouse (http://www.mouseplanet.com/al/docs/pilothouse.htm)

3. You can hear Wendy reading a bedtime story in one of the windows near Peter Pan's Flight.

Mukta
05-19-2003, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by Ace

I think that the line interferes with the parade and also that riders won't be able to hear the tour with the parade music in the background. The boats close right before the parade in the winter time, bu they reopen later that night, so that is when I go. All the houses have real lights on the inside and the tea rose arches are beautiful. Entering the cave of wonders is even more magical in the dark.

IndianaJenn
05-19-2003, 10:15 AM
I love standing in Fantasyland and waiting for the Evil Queen from Snow White to open the curtain.

rexfarms
05-19-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Mukta
I think that the line interferes with the parade and also that riders won't be able to hear the tour with the parade music in the background. The boats close right before the parade in the winter time, bu they reopen later that night, so that is when I go. All the houses have real lights on the inside and the tea rose arches are beautiful. Entering the cave of wonders is even more magical in the dark.

Romantic.;)

Ace
05-19-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by rexfarms
Romantic.;)

That was the point. Or it will be, eventually. ;)