PDA

View Full Version : How often do you really look in the store windows?

Pages : [1] 2

PhiSigDuchessCV
03-26-2011, 04:04 PM
Disney Parks blog this week about the fact that there are actual Houdini memorabilia in the window of the Magic Shop at Disneyland got me thinking. How often do you really take time to "window shop" in the park and actually look in the windows? I know I pass by the Magic Shop all the time and may glance at it but have never really paid attention. Next time I go to the park (hopefully tomorrow if I can find the time) I am going to make a point of looking at the items in the window

Carolyn

Niwel
03-26-2011, 06:34 PM
How often do you really take time to "window shop" in the park and actually look in the windows?

My guess is the average MouseAdventure team probably has more window-lookers than other posters on here. :D

princessy777
03-26-2011, 06:59 PM
I really love looking in the windows. I will be really sad if the walls around the Emporium come down and they replace the dioramas with merchandise.

fairestoneofall
03-26-2011, 07:20 PM
All the time. I love looking at the window displays on Main St.

leota's necklace
03-27-2011, 12:41 AM
Frankly, I spend a lot more time looking at window and wall displays at DL than I care to admit. As a former merchandiser and display manager, I get sucked in pretty easily.

I also get distracted by light fixtures.

ChurroGirl
03-27-2011, 01:05 AM
I love to window shop at Disneyland. Sometimes the windows are more interesting to look at than the actual merchandise!

DisneyFunFamily4
03-27-2011, 05:49 AM
I love looking in the windows at DLR (and now at WDW)! And I know i'm not the only one that takes pics too! ;)

cstephens
03-27-2011, 08:31 AM
The windows I look in regularly because I know they change seasonally - the table for two set up outside the Gibson Girl, main windows of the Market House, the far left window by the Market House near the lockers because it's for the "hotel".

Mermaid
03-27-2011, 08:41 AM
My guess is the average MouseAdventure team probably has more window-lookers than other posters on here. :D

That was my thought exactly!

evrythngwmn
03-27-2011, 09:43 AM
I study the windows every week. Just one of my rituals. I know one of the window dressers and she is amazingly talented and makes a lot of the period clothing and props.

jamwilson
03-27-2011, 11:10 AM
The windows are so fun to see! I love them & walk slowly pasted them every time ( except first thing in the morning, when we are rushing to get to Space Mountain).

Nikara
03-27-2011, 03:09 PM
That was my thought exactly!

Indeed- as soon as I saw the title of this thread, I thought to myself- Once on the trip to prep for MA, then all day (and sometimes all night) at least twice a year. You would think I would know everything about them by now, but I'm still constantly surprised.

cheshirecatgirl
03-27-2011, 03:27 PM
I love the window displays! I constantly take pictures of them, especially the cool seasonal ones. I also really love all the decor around the walls and upper shelves in the shops, much more so than the merchandise! My favorite store is Le Bat en Rouge in New Orleans Square. Not because of what they sell, but because of all the beautiful antiquey decor! The purple rug near the courtyard door is my favorite. I WANT that rug!

DebT
03-27-2011, 03:43 PM
I love looking in the windows at DLR (and now at WDW)! And I know i'm not the only one that takes pics too! ;)

I take photos too. Seeing the displays in the Emporium windows are one of the "small things" I look forward to each trip.

BQ2
03-27-2011, 06:18 PM
All the time. I love looking at the window displays on Main St.

TowerofTerror
03-27-2011, 09:38 PM
all the time

ShelbyH
03-27-2011, 11:16 PM
The only windows I look into are the Emporium's. Though I feel like I should start looking more!

Lilo143stitch
03-28-2011, 08:29 AM
MA has trained me to be looking at the windows constantly even if it is not a study trip! as well as all the other little posters and signs. I also find myself thinking WWMAD... (what would MA do with this tiny object)

PhiSigDuchessCV
03-28-2011, 10:15 AM
The only windows I look into are the Emporium's. Though I feel like I should start looking more!

That's pretty much how I was, I would glance at other windows but hadn't taken time to look. I did it this weekend and discovered at the store on Main Street across from the Emporium the window closest to the Mad Hatter store had some old collectibles in the window. It was cool looking at some of the stuff in the window.

Can you tell I haven't had the pleasure yet of participating in a Mouse Adventure yet? It did start giving me some ideas for an Amazing Race/Scavenger Hunt game in the park that I'm hoping to set up for my friends

houseofmouse
03-28-2011, 10:32 AM
I love to look at the windows every time I go. The kids think I am nuts.

zombie pirate
03-28-2011, 12:37 PM
Not so much when I first get to the park, straight to the rides. But later on I allways do. Another reason wht Disneyland is so great.

rickosuave1987
03-28-2011, 03:27 PM
I have noticed the Houdini stuff before, and usually try to get my eyes to trick me with the spinning wheel if we aren't in a rush to get to rides.

The windows are always a fun thing to spend a little time while we eat some ice cream :)

Janis and Aaron
03-28-2011, 06:34 PM
Twice a year, for Spring and Fall MA. :)

coronado_g
03-28-2011, 08:10 PM
I love to window gaze...but only after rushing to get my Space Mountain Fastpass!

foolishmortal
03-28-2011, 08:42 PM
All the time plus all of the littles things are are in the ques, inside rides, etc. I just love the tiny details of it all.

Plus being a event decorator I tend notice the new or odd little things.