PDA

View Full Version : Tower of Terror - people on outside balcony platform

julierika
03-21-2011, 12:25 PM
Friday we saw a number of people standing outside the Tower of Terror on one of the platform landings high up. Who were they and what were they doing? Construction? A new tour? Anyone else see this?

The old man
03-21-2011, 01:35 PM
Ghosts, no really.

stan4d_steph
03-21-2011, 02:38 PM
Friday we saw a number of people standing outside the Tower of Terror on one of the platform landings high up. Who were they and what were they doing? Construction? A new tour? Anyone else see this?Evacuating the ride.

houseofmouse
03-21-2011, 04:37 PM
Evacuating the ride.

That's how they evacuate????:eek::eek: I would freak out!

animal24
03-21-2011, 05:08 PM
so, an obvious question. It would be preferred to simply unload people at the station if something were to go wrong right?

Sounds like the brakes had to be engaged...

wonder how something went that wrong?

emsmom
03-21-2011, 08:18 PM

I thought the same thing and I'll be thinking about this the next time I'm there and getting ready to ride it too.

Autopia Guy
03-21-2011, 11:05 PM

Well, if the elevator was to get stuck between the show floors (they can evac there too) and the open upper levels, the only way out would be to cut out the wall in front of you and have you go down a ladder...

IllusionOfLife
03-21-2011, 11:43 PM
Well, if the elevator was to get stuck between the show floors (they can evac there too) and the open upper levels, the only way out would be to cut out the wall in front of you and have you go down a ladder...

With the loads of safety codes and precautions that go into these attractions I'm sure they have a more… elegant solution for evacuating an elevator stuck between floors than literally tearing down the wall and sending them down a ladder. I imagine there's some sort of override that automatically moves the elevator either up or down to the next closest Emergency Exit for evac. Either that, or climbing out the top of the elevator up to the next floor.

GREGOR
03-22-2011, 08:46 AM

For an emergency situation perhaps, but that's too extreme for just an evac.

Tink Lover
03-22-2011, 10:29 AM
Perhaps I am wrong, but I thought Autopia Guy was joking.

The evacuation plan is going to change based on how the ride breaks down. Evacuating "at the top" was likely the best alternative under the circumstances.

Yes, cutting a hole in the wall of the attraction would be a pretty extreme alternative.