PDA

View Full Version : Need help please [hotel recommendations near DLR]

andy2003
05-16-2003, 12:15 AM
Hello,

Some members of my family will be travelling to disneyland for the first time.

They will be spending three nights in Anaheim.

The breakdown of the group is as follows:

Four adults in their mid 50s
Two adults in their late 20s
Two adults in their early 20s
One infant

Could you please suggest some hotel near Disneyland which:

-Has close proximity to Disneyland

-Has suite style accomodation or accomodation which is more suited towards a family, e.g. microwave, fridge

Basically something which is a little more spacious and is better suited towards families

-Is moderateraly priced (e.g. Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn) that range of hotels, not a Grand Floridian or Ritz Carlton

-Has dining options in the hotel and nearby

I look forward to your replies

Thanks
AK

SoCalSnowWhite
05-16-2003, 01:17 AM
There's the Desert Inn (http://www.anaheimdesertinn.com/) . It's right across from the walkway to the main gates. They have pretty good sized suites, large enough for up to 10 people. There are some restaurants right next door. I think there is a review on it in the reviews section on MP. Hope this helped!:)

Duane
05-16-2003, 04:33 AM
I recommend the Fairfield Inn by Marroitt which is also located directly across the street from the main entrance. My wife and I used to stay there a couple of years ago when we had to pinch our pennies as college students. The hotel has reasonable rates and is very clean and luxurious. You will also find all amentities you mentioned as well as a heated pool and hot tub. If money is not an object, I would stay at Disney's Grand Californian hotel.

RStar
05-16-2003, 08:22 AM
Within walking distance (like walking from splash Mountain to Big thunder Mountain) is a great hotel called the Portofino Inn & Suites. I stayed there and it was really good. The suite (at least the one we had) has three rooms, a living room, and two bedrooms (a hall to the first bedroom, but a sliding glass door and curtain to the second. It had a fridge and microwave, as well as a TV in each room. Oh, and a bathroom of course. It was midrange in price, I think about $80 a night (but don't quote me on that- it was a few years ago right after it opened. )See link below.

Click here (http://www.180096hotel.com/cgi-bin/hotelinfo?SID=A1D&HotelId=ANA+PORT&HName=PORTOFINO+INN+%26+SUITES&LKF=A1D&Dest=ANA&LANG=en&Return=Prev)

CrayZforDisney
05-17-2003, 07:00 PM
Don't stay in a Disney owned hotel, they tend to rip you off, and the rooms aren't spectacular.

PARK_HOPPER
05-21-2003, 10:10 PM
You posted a similar message on another board, and I gave you a reply there and I'll give you the same one here in case you missed it over there.

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14960

disguy
05-22-2003, 07:57 AM
As I always say... Howard Johnson by far the best place to stay in my opinion. Service,rooms,location and price I don't think they can be beat. HoJo Anaheim (http://www.hojoanaheim.com)

mad4mky
05-22-2003, 08:10 AM
I stayed at The Hilton Garden Inn on my last trip to DLR. It is right next to the Embassey Suites and Hampton Inn.

*They have a free shuttle to and from DLR (every 1/2 hour).
*They have room-service...but also a small restaraunt in the hotel.
*Bucca de Beppo is right next door...
*As Is Red Robin and Outback Steakhouse.
*Rooms were fairly large, and very clean.
*Every room has a microwave, fridge, coffee maker, ironing board and iron.
*large bathrooms.
*Staff was very nice, friendly and helpful. They joked with us, always asked how our day at the park was...and offered information when we needed help. :D

stinkerbell
05-22-2003, 02:40 PM
I loved staying at the HoJo and the Park Place Inn. The Park Place Inn is just across from the front entrance, and is the closest suite-style hotel that I would recommend.

I've stayed at the Desert Inn as well, and it's cheaper and just as close. I'd stay at the Park Place Inn over the Desert Inn though. And I'd stay at the HoJo over both of them. The rooms were extremely large, but no suites that I know of.

My reviews of all three are in the reviews section, and all are from this past year or so, as well as a review of the Hawthorne Suites which I do NOT recommend.

:) Good Luck!

As usual, I have to suggest that you call and ask each hotel what their "Entertainment Card" rates are. I stayed at the HoJo for $45 a night, using our Entertainment book discount. Check out www.entertainment.com for more details. Or you can PM me. There's also one or two threads floating around you can search for, for more details.