PDA

View Full Version : Meet and Greet Disney characters

Gandalf
08-10-2001, 03:29 PM
The Meet and Greet Disney characters are very popular (I think that's what the DCA Park found out) with every age group.
Who do you think the children want to see more: the face characters or the "stuffed" version that walk around the Parks? I have been trying to see if they mob Mary Poppins, Mulan, Ariel and the other Face ones compared to the stuffed Fab 5 ones that walk the Parks. I wish they had a Bert to go with MP. [Dick Van Dyke was excellent and still is in MHO. We still watch his Diagnosis Murder when we get the chance.] There seems to be more female face characters than male ones (with the exception of the ones in the Parade). My favorites characters are Merlin, Dopey, Chip and Dale and Hades. I finally got Merlin's pic at the Sword and Stone Ceremony.

lisap
08-10-2001, 04:02 PM
My kids were more afraid of the stuffed versions when they were very little--the face characters always held more appeal to them. Even now that they are older they gravitate towards the face ones--they can talk and are more personable.

I wish I'd met Tarzan in his treehouse when they first opened it--I heard he was a buff dude. He always was offstage when we went to visit him--the cms said he was too cold. :eek: In his little loincloth....

Dlandmom
08-10-2001, 08:33 PM
My daughter who's 1 1/2 loves the Fab 5...I think it's because she's more familiar with them since she loves the Disney Singalong videos. However, sometimes she doesn't like to be too close to them...probably because of their size. When she sees them from afar, she can't wait to get to them, but when it's her turn to meet them, she sometimes becomes incredibly shy and/or scared!

PirateoftheCaribbean
08-11-2001, 09:47 AM
I love the characters. I think I love movie ones more than the Fab Five, because The Fab 5 are everywhere. Over the years, I've collected like 55 (or so) pictures of me or a friend or family member with a chacracter, or two. My pride of the collection is a picture Of me and my wife with Alice, Mad Hatter, The Tweedles, and the Queen of Hearts. It was late, and they were all hanging out together. Anyway, I love them.

amynicole22
08-13-2001, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by lisap
I wish I'd met Tarzan in his treehouse when they first opened it--I heard he was a buff dude. He always was offstage when we went to visit him--the cms said he was too cold. :eek: In his little loincloth....

Oh my - both of the gents I saw playing Tarzan were very buff and attractive. Lil' sis (18 at the time) took to stalking the poor guys, so we walked past the Treehouse far more times than we needed to. We also got our pic taken with one of them - which lil' sis was all atwitter about for days afterward. Was too cute.

But anyway - my niece (2 and a half) has the same problem Dlandmom described. She loves to look at and wave to the rubberhead characters, but once we get close to them she freaks out. I've learned that we can say "hi" to them from afar and save ourselves a wait in line. I don't remember us encountering a face character, but I have a feeling that she wouldn't have been quite as afraid.

Will D.
08-14-2001, 12:17 AM
My daughters (ages 8 & 4) are thrilled at the prospect of meeting the princess characters.