PDA

View Full Version : How bad does the rain have to be for WoC to be canceled?

Karin
03-19-2011, 12:43 PM
Does anyone know how bad (hard) it has to be raining for World of Color to be canceled?

JunJunM3
03-19-2011, 05:03 PM
Good question. I've been wondering about that myself. I presume that in case of really strong winds, they will cancel WoC. A few months ago, we went to DCA on a day wherein there was a strong Sta. Ana wind event and CM's were telling everyone as they received their WoC Fastpasses that there may be a chance WoC will be cancelled that evening depending on the weather. As for rain, I dunno. I'm guessing a light drizzle/rain or so may not cause a cancellation.

disneyobsessed
03-20-2011, 08:30 AM
There was a steady rain through the length of the entire second show Saturday night of President's Day weekend. It ran in full. They ran both shows that night despite the rain. There was no significant wind. I would expect heavy winds would be more of a problem for WoC than rain.

ralfrick
03-20-2011, 09:27 AM
To my knowledge, it's never been canceled due to rain. The guide thread to WoC on this board lists only 4 cancellations ever, due to a broken main and an earthquake.

A bientot.

JunJunM3
03-20-2011, 02:26 PM
There was a steady rain through the length of the entire second show Saturday night of President's Day weekend. It ran in full. They ran both shows that night despite the rain. There was no significant wind. I would expect heavy winds would be more of a problem for WoC than rain.

I see. How was the show despite the pouring rain in terms of visibility and such? I wonder if rain forces them to alter the show a bit be it removing the fire effects and what not.

Grandpa Louie
03-20-2011, 02:53 PM
I see. How was the show despite the pouring rain in terms of visibility and such? I wonder if rain forces them to alter the show a bit be it removing the fire effects and what not.

I expect that it isn't very crowded.

ChrisGlass
03-20-2011, 03:07 PM
A show has been cancelled before due to low attendance, though. So if during the day not enough fastpasses are claimed, the late show will be nixed. Only happened once so far, though, I think.

disneyobsessed
03-20-2011, 05:56 PM

I expect that it isn't very crowded.

Didn't watch the show from the "right" view so can't tell you how much the rain affected quality. The fire effects and everything else were all there though.

That was the Saturday night second show in the rain, and the viewing area looked pretty darn filled to me.

We happened to come off Toy Story three minutes before showtime so watched the entire show from behind but dead center. Our family was alone, no others stuck out the whole show from that position. We were standing in a steady light rain for most of the show. During the first show, the behind view from the railing near the bay down near Screamin' all the way up past Toy Story was lined with people, and there was a light rain at the time that show started too.

SigalTchelet
03-20-2011, 09:28 PM
This was just posted on Twitter: Wanna know how many people watched the first WoC tonight? 15. Brave souls, I gather!

MidwayManiac
03-20-2011, 10:01 PM
This was just posted on Twitter: Wanna know how many people watched the first WoC tonight? 15. Brave souls, I gather!

Surprised there even was a show. I picked up passes at 5:30 on the off chance we'd be there @ 8:00 (we weren't) and CMs were giving the disclaimer that if the weather didn't noticeably change, the show would be cancelled.

And at that time they hadn't exhausted their supply of tickets for the 8:00 show, so the 9:15 was likely to be cancelled.

potzbie
03-21-2011, 06:08 AM
CMs were giving the disclaimer that if the weather didn't noticeably change, the show would be cancelled.

And at that time they hadn't exhausted their supply of tickets for the 8:00 show, so the 9:15 was likely to be cancelled.

Funny if the cancellation said, "Our water show was cancelled due to too much water." :confused:

Tinkermommy
03-21-2011, 07:33 AM

That's very cool! I love that they ran the show anyway! I wonder if the people watching had fun having such an "exclusive" event?

Bolivar
03-21-2011, 07:36 AM
Last month I watched the show in pouring rain. At the beginning when they mention that the people in the front will get wet, that brought a roar of laughter and the fire effects brought oos and ahs of pleasure because of the heat.

rickosuave1987
03-21-2011, 09:35 AM
I was at DCA a couple weeks ago when it was stormy. A CM told me they would no cancel due to rain, but would cancel if it was too windy.

Dr. G
03-26-2011, 08:03 AM

We were there on Sunday night and there were a lot more people than 15 at the first show. I'd say at least a few hundred, but I'm not good at gauging #s. Could have been much more. But, there was a lot of empty space. We were able to walk right up to the railing though. We were soaked already so the "wet zone" really wasn't applicable :)

It was our first time seeing the show so we actually came back and watched the 9:15 show, this time from the very back to get a different perspective. Loved it both from the front and the back. Kudos to Disney for running the show even in pouring rain with few people there. It was a massive highlight of our trip.