PDA

View Full Version : Hungry Bear Re-Opens With Delicious New Menu

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

MousePlanet AutoPoster
03-17-2011, 11:20 AM
After weeks of renovation, Hungry Bear is back.

More... (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/DisneyParks/~3/qAhdzmaBmZk/)

stan4d_steph
03-17-2011, 11:31 AM
I'm looking forward to giving this new menu a try, especially the sweet potato fries, blueberry pie and hunny lemon cupcake! Hungry Bear re-opens tomorrow. Is anyone heading there this weekend?

AVP
03-17-2011, 11:37 AM
I'm looking forward to giving this new menu a try, especially the sweet potato fries, blueberry pie and hunny lemon cupcake! Hungry Bear re-opens tomorrow. Is anyone heading there this weekend?
Britt Winslow and I will be sampling the new menu tomorrow morning, and he'll have a review for next week.

AVP

ShelbyH
03-17-2011, 11:45 AM
I am SO excited! Hungry Bear has always been one of my favorite places to eat, especially because of the tables tucked away from the hustle and bustle. The new menu looks really awesome.

CariBelle
03-17-2011, 12:46 PM
I'm looking forward to giving this new menu a try, especially the sweet potato fries, blueberry pie and hunny lemon cupcake!

Me too! The cupcakes sound interesting and I love the little bee.
The salad sounds rather good too. I've never eaten at Hungry Bear but I think I'm going to try and fit it in on my trip.

lola2009
03-17-2011, 02:54 PM
Me too! The cupcakes sound interesting and I love the little bee.
The salad sounds rather good too. I've never eaten at Hungry Bear but I think I'm going to try and fit it in on my trip.

I think I will try in on our next trip too. I'm so glad they're changing the menus up.

fairestoneofall
03-17-2011, 03:41 PM
How refreshing! This looks like such an awesome change, and I can't wait to try it.....all of it.

foolishmortal
03-17-2011, 04:55 PM
love the idea of new things to try!

Just wish they had much better choices then 3 things for the kids. Like mini burgers or slider chicken bugers, things like that.

letshavefun
03-17-2011, 04:57 PM
It's one of those places we always end up eating at that is not planned. There is something for everyone it seems and plenty of nice seating. The new menu sounds so yummy. We'll be eating there in August:)

Bytebear
03-17-2011, 05:03 PM
They used to have the best burgers in the park until it changed to standard burgers at all stands (bleh!) Hopefully they will bring back better burgers to the park.

cfitz/pirates
03-17-2011, 05:20 PM
Mmm sound delicious, i cant wait to try the new menu the only problem is what too choose.:D

MickeyDogMom
03-17-2011, 07:42 PM
I've always loved the Hungry Bear. It's one of my favorite ambiance places in the park. I get a funnel cake and can relax on the river. I hope the cheeseburger (no chili, please) tastes as good as it looks. :) And the pie... yum.

dehnehsu
03-17-2011, 10:17 PM
They used to have the best burgers in the park until it changed to standard burgers at all stands (bleh!) Hopefully they will bring back better burgers to the park.

I agree! The Hungry Bear burgers used to be tasty with a nice charbroiled flavor. They became dry, bland, and overpriced (well, more overpriced than normal)

olegc
03-17-2011, 10:38 PM
There's always room for pie.... :D

MichaelaHansen
03-18-2011, 06:00 AM
The Hungry Bear is one of my favorite places to eat as well. I love sitting right next to the water and watching the Mark Twain sail by. We stopped going there after a while because the food was just not great. Super excited to try the new menu and have a reason to eat there again!

CariBelle
03-18-2011, 07:51 AM
Just wish they had much better choices then 3 things for the kids. Like mini burgers or slider chicken bugers, things like that.

I agree! My nephews are foodies in the making so they are often left turned off by the kids meals. The arroz con pollo is their favorite.

jcruise86
03-18-2011, 11:37 AM
And only $10.19 for a counter-service chiliburger with sweet potato fries! :~D

My daughter and I hung out at the Hungry Bear's tables along the river on the bottom level on most of our visits. It's a great place to get away from the crowds and take a break. But we always brought our own food--lots of healthy stuff and a little bread to feed the ducks. (Possibly better for them than the fries many guests toss.)

Is Big Al's chicken salad kind of small? I actually love McDonald's SW grilled-chicken salad--is it that size or is it smaller? It does sound delicious. I'll feel like Homer Simpson buying a $15 churro at EPCOT, but I may try that salad with an AP discount, maybe with Disney Dollars from the Disney Visa card--that almost seems like play money.

stan4d_steph
03-18-2011, 04:17 PM
Our guide page (http://www.mouseplanet.com/guide/826/Disneyland-Resort/Disneyland-Park/Critter-Country/Hungry-Bear-Restaurant) has been updated with the full menu, including prices. Check it out!

I can't wait to try that fried green tomato sandwich, sweet potato fries and blueberry pie.

AVP
03-18-2011, 04:27 PM
Britt will probably smack me for giving away the photos before his review runs Tuesday, but you just have to see this food:

http://www.mouseplanet.info/gallery/d/120791-2/HB-FriedGreenTomato2-031811-AVP.jpg

http://www.mouseplanet.info/gallery/d/120767-2/HB-ChiliBurger1-031811-AVP.jpg

http://www.mouseplanet.info/gallery/d/120759-2/HB-BlueberryPie1-031811-AVP.jpg

http://www.mouseplanet.info/gallery/d/120783-2/HB-Cupcake3-031811-AVP.jpg

bennette
03-18-2011, 04:35 PM
Hmm.

stan4d_steph
03-18-2011, 07:14 PM
Looks great!

Drince88
03-18-2011, 10:14 PM
I'm kind of shocked they don't offer regular fries. Looks yummy, though!

Is this one of the DL locations that will let you get JUST the sandwich? Some seem to allow a sandwich only, and give you a break on the price, others are one-price-only.

ChurroGirl
03-18-2011, 10:46 PM
YUM! The cupcake looks delicious!

bennette
03-18-2011, 10:56 PM
Is this one of the DL locations that will let you get JUST the sandwich? Some seem to allow a sandwich only, and give you a break on the price, others are one-price-only.

I've never had a problem getting anything without fries at DL. It's not always on the menu but we just say "burger only" or whatever and they seem to have a button for it. (If I'm eating an entree/sandwich at Disney, that's usually enough. I don't want the fries, too, unless I'm at Cafe Orleans!)

ogold72
03-18-2011, 11:18 PM
Do the counter service restaurants ever let you substitute a side dish?