PDA

View Full Version : Eye Fi Memory Card for Camera?? Anyone use it?

dopeyd73
03-09-2011, 06:29 AM
Has anyone used the EYE FI card at WDW and it's various parks and hotels? Was there a special set up required? I was reading through the FAQ's and information about it on its website, but still wasn't sure if it would work in Disney.

It seemed like I needed to have it all set up prior to our visit. But I'm not sure how I would do that.

Anyone have any ideas / tips?

GusMan
03-09-2011, 11:55 AM
Disney does not offer WiFi at any of the parks. At the resorts, there are some wireless hotspots, but they are not free. ($10/24hrs, if I am not mistaken.)

While not really sure how this product would work in a situation where you have to pay for the access, but it should not be a problem if you have your computer and you authorize / pay for it it first.

Drince88
03-10-2011, 04:50 AM
While not really sure how this product would work in a situation where you have to pay for the access, but it should not be a problem if you have your computer and you authorize / pay for it it first.

I think someone (Dan?) said it was a problem if you're using two different devices - or maybe that was wireless in the lobby vs wired in the room. And I think it's related to IP address, so wouldn't that be different with different devices?

GusMan
03-10-2011, 05:16 AM
I think someone (Dan?) said it was a problem if you're using two different devices - or maybe that was wireless in the lobby vs wired in the room. And I think it's related to IP address, so wouldn't that be different with different devices?
I know that if you tried to use the wired connection in the room and a wireless connection in a public area, you can get billed twice because the system goes off of the MAC address of the different network cards.

I could be wrong on this, but it looks like you have two options with this device. Hook it into your computer and it will transfer things automagicly to the sites of your choice or it will do it wirelessly if you have a wifi enabled camera.

dopeyd73
03-10-2011, 09:55 AM
Thanks so much for the help. I think I'm going to pass on the Eye Fi and just have the Photopass people upload my pics since I've already ordered the Photopass CD anyway. Just trying to make sure I don't lose my photos and memories.