PDA

View Full Version : How to describe DL to someone new?

Maximus
05-13-2003, 08:57 AM
How would everyone describe Disneyland to someone that has never been there before. I have people I work with who are in their mid 20's to their mid 30's and have never been to DL...ever! I have tried to think of ways to explain the appeal, but I think I am coming up short. Any ideas on what I could say?

Just Plain Nice
05-13-2003, 09:09 AM
I always tell people that it's like stepping into a whole diffrent world. There's no worries, no outside problems, everything is just complete fantasy. You step onto Pirates of the Caribbean, or the Haunted Mansion, and you feel like you're really there with those pirates, or those ghosts.

It's an adventure unlike anything they've ever seen, and they're going to love it.:D

CrayZforDisney
05-17-2003, 07:57 PM
Disneyland is amazing. Thats all you have to say. If you try to tell them more than that, they won't be suprised once they get there.

Kuzcotopia
05-17-2003, 10:43 PM
I tell them that it's not like a carnival or a theme park that they might have been to.

I describe it as a designed environment, that has the transportative qualities of a good novel. It is like taking a journey into an imaginary world, as designed by artists and sculptors and storytellers.

rexfarms
05-18-2003, 10:54 AM
How Poetic.:)

jerjer2005
05-18-2003, 12:33 PM
if you cant do the place justice in words have them view the web site... that should do the trick

gliterrboy
05-18-2003, 01:47 PM
I had a similar experience a few months back and could not describe DL very well, but told my friend that "Having never been to Disneyland is like never tasting chocolate!" hahahahaha, My friend made it to the park later that month and completely agreed with my explanation. She will never be the same again! :D