PDA

View Full Version : Soup In a Bread Bowl

Pages : [1] 2

Toady The Eighth
05-13-2003, 07:44 AM
I have made an executive decision.

I love the Soup In A Breadbowl, Gumbo, etc. that you can get all over Disneyland and DCA.

But I'm not going to buy it anymore.

The last time I bought one (in April) the breadbowl was and inch deep.. There was seriously like 2 ounces of soup in there. :rolleyes: And it was the same price of a full sized meal. So I'm not going to get them anymore.

So it got me thinkin...

What other meals in Disneyland are just seriously overpriced for what you get? I know that everything is overpriced, but which meals, like this, are just a terrible value?

Hmmmm....:D

Just Plain Nice
05-13-2003, 08:12 AM
My husband and I had the brocoli-cheddar soup over at DCA, and you are right- they don't give you very much soup. We actually went out and got hot dogs about an hour later. I would agree that it is not worth the price.

As for other meals.. $7.00 for a hotdog and coke over at Coke Corner? I think that the Plaza Inn, The Carnation Cafe, and Red Rockets Pizza Port give you the best bang for your buck.

watkinz
05-13-2003, 08:13 AM
My wife and I had the clam chowder bread bowl and we were very dissapointed with the soup to bread ratio. :mad:

My biggest complaint about overpriced food items is the Soda and Bottled water.

I know, "I'm in a theme park." I'm just not 100% comfortable with forkin' out that kind of dough for something that's significantly cheaper when I'm not at a theme park.

Our solution is that we now just take our own bottled water and soda in the park, and that works just fine for us.

Now I need to find a way to haul around clam chowder in a bread bowl....;)

DL*Guy
05-13-2003, 08:28 AM
Frist of all I love the soup in a bread bowl, my favorite is the beef stew. I found out not to long ago that you can request your soup in a normal bowl.:rolleyes:

justagrrl
05-13-2003, 08:29 AM
Can you order the soup in the bread bowl and request that they come seperately?

MegaDuck
05-13-2003, 08:35 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb and call the Blue Bayou for dinner as being bad value for the price. BB is way overpriced and the food to me is just okay.

Of course, on the upside, its the only place in DL I know where you can get yellow lemonade!

Toady The Eighth
05-13-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by MegaDuck
I'm going to go out on a limb and call the Blue Bayou for dinner as being bad value for the price. BB is way overpriced and the food to me is just okay.

Of course, on the upside, its the only place in DL I know where you can get yellow lemonade!

MegaDuck, I completely agree. I always go to the BB for lunch, because dinner is a terrible value. And the food is just okay, in my opinion.

disneynut
05-13-2003, 09:09 AM
I think the Bengal BBQ is a little overpriced for what you get. Tasty, but overpriced.

keschy
05-13-2003, 09:49 AM
I agree about Bengal BBQ. You only get 1 skewer of chicken for the $, it isn't a good deal at all. About the bread bowl, I totally agree! I love the chicken noodle soup they serve in those, though so I still buy them! At least they come with a salad at some places..

Toady The Eighth
05-13-2003, 09:55 AM
I also agree with the Bengal BBQ... the problem is the bacon wrapped asparagus is SOOOO GOOD!

katiesue
05-13-2003, 01:46 PM
I also agree regarding Bengal BBQ - I love it but you really are only getting 3 small pieces of meat. Not a great value.

DisneyFan25863
05-13-2003, 02:05 PM
$5.00 for a slice of pizza at Redd Rockets is way too much :rolleyes:

Toady The Eighth
05-13-2003, 02:12 PM
Yeah, but the slice of Pizza is pretty big.

Disneyfan, I have to ask...

What does "Free the pigs" mean??

:D

Wizard69
05-13-2003, 02:37 PM
I ALWAYS get my soup on the side because I like to save the bread for later. I just tear off pieces of the bread and dip it in the soup. Whatever I don't eat, I have dry bread for later. :)

I notice that they usually put 2 spoonfuls in the bread bowl. When you get it on the side, you get 1. So I usually ask for another cup of soup and they give it to me.

Toady The Eighth
05-13-2003, 02:42 PM
So does this mean you don't actually get more soup when you order it on the side unless you specifically ask for it?

DisneyFan25863
05-13-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Toady The Eighth
Disneyfan, I have to ask...

What does "Free the pigs" mean??

:D

Do ya really want ta know?

To tell you the truth, I have no clue. I just put that in there for no reason whatsoever :fez:

Toady The Eighth
05-13-2003, 03:08 PM
That's funny.. I'm actually laughing out loud.. I don't know why I find that so amusing.. Weird, but funny..

I think I need to re-visit the Poster's Choice Award's thread, and re-vote for "funniest poster" :D

hbquikcomjamesl
05-13-2003, 03:53 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and call the Blue Bayou for dinner as being bad value for the price.What is this, National Rag On the Blue Bayou Month?:rolleyes:
You want a "bad value for the price," go buy a box of Mickey Mouse shortbread cookies. Then buy the same number of cookies in the 2-cookie packets.

Techie7
05-13-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by DisneyFan25863

:fez:
NEVER use : fez : and [Spoiler] together. The combo is SCARY... ;) :fez:

HBTiggerFan
05-13-2003, 05:54 PM
When you order soup in a bread bowl they will fill the bowl with soup. Now this may or may not be a lot of soup, depending on how deep the bowl was emptied. If you ask for the soup on the side you get the amount that is supposed to be served and then you can add it into your bowl.

Now last time I ordered it at French Market the clam chowder was disgusting! They changed the receipe and I will never get it in DL again. The clam chowder in DCA at the bakery is excellent though!

rexfarms
05-13-2003, 06:17 PM
I LOVE the soup in the bread bowl. No complaints from me. :)

Laffite
05-13-2003, 07:52 PM
Dear Friends,

I actually enjoy most of DLR food. What's with all the complains? Maybe I just like to eat :)

:crying: :(

Warm Regards,
Preston.

Wizard69
05-13-2003, 09:59 PM
Whenever I get it in the bread bowl they always put two ladlesfuls. On the side it's only 1.

swtkissez
05-13-2003, 10:04 PM
i'm craving a clam chowder bread bowl now, gee thanx!! (hehe)

yum, yum

:D :D :D :D :D

SoCalSnowWhite
05-13-2003, 10:06 PM
My husbadn went and ordered bread bowls for us last week when we went. The guy barely put any soup in it, but as my husband was about to grab it another server went by and shook his head at the small serving and filled it to overflowing. Yum!!

I think all the food at DL is overpriced, but I don't go everyday and I do love the food so I am more than willing to pay $7 for a chili cheese dog!:)