PDA

View Full Version : "Tangled" attraction-- What Is It?!?

ladodgerjon
03-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Since moving back to LA five weeks ago, I've made three trips to the DLR.

I've noticed that some sort of TANGLED attraction (store? Meet and Greet?) has popped-up in Fantasyland next door to the VILLAGE HAUS (where the Xmas ornament-slash-candy store used to reside).

But each time I attempt to take a peek inside, the place is locked tight.

What gives? What is this space? Does anyone know-- or are all the characters shuttered-tight in Rapunzel's armoir (or locked-up in her locks)???

Niwel
03-06-2011, 12:47 PM
It's a character meet-and-greet... but the characters are only there during certain times (you can check the showtime guide and see what times)

potzbie
03-06-2011, 12:52 PM
(store? Meet and Greet?) has popped-up in Fantasyland next door to the VILLAGE HAUS.

Meet and greet.
Photo op.
Girl dressed as Repunzel, with 15 feet of blonde hair (estimated).

A modest setting for a photo op.
Most DL Meet And Greets have more space, and/or group slimilar characters (e.g., princesses; Alice In Wonderland characters, etc.)

Crystal ball predicts a move from there to the standard PRINCESS area, if my crystal ball's hunches are right. And why not? Efficiency; centralization; common resources; queue control. It's a natural bet.

cstephens
03-06-2011, 09:21 PM
The meet-and-greet was VERY popular today - at about 12:30pm, the posted wait time was 50 minutes. I got a peek inside when they first started doing it, and Rapunzel looks great.

As we were having lunch at Village Haus, I saw Rapunzel walk past with her handler, which really surprised me. Rapunzel is sort of tethered to the building by her hair in the meet-and-greet - the hair looks gorgeous. The walk-around I saw had her hair in the braided version. I was just surprised because I didn't know they'd made it so she could be a walk-around.

Bolivar
03-07-2011, 07:22 AM
My daughter kind of wanted to see her so we kept coming back to it to see the line. The shortest we saw was 75 minutes, it was usually 90 and went as high as 120.

AVP
03-07-2011, 08:21 AM
My daughter kind of wanted to see her so we kept coming back to it to see the line. The shortest we saw was 75 minutes, it was usually 90 and went as high as 120.Just a note, the wait time is not estimated like we're used to. Rapunzel isn't out for 75 minutes at a time; the posted wait time includes the "break" to her next set. You may wait 75 minutes to see her, but you will be standing in one place for at least 20 minutes during her break. Most people leave the queue when she leaves, so you're closer to the front when she returns, but you're still waiting in line.

CMs said the best thing to do is come back about 10 minutes before the start of her next set and get in line then. The CM managing the line can give you a better idea of when to come back that day. I've also heard her first set has the shortest line.

AVP

revwog1974
03-07-2011, 11:51 AM
Thanks. Those are helpful tips!

houseofmouse
03-07-2011, 03:22 PM
I think the Meet and Greet is in a good location and I hope she does not move to PFF. I was amused in December, by how many people walked by thinking it was a new ride.
My advice, get there 30 mins before her posted time because they open the queue about that time. At least they did in Dec.

ogold72
03-07-2011, 09:58 PM
What is the earliest meet and greet time?

Mermaid
03-08-2011, 01:30 PM
My best friend was in the park on Monday and said the wait time was an hour when everything else in the park was pretty dead. Eek- no thanks!