PDA

View Full Version : Cafe Orleans

Busy3Boys
05-12-2003, 09:19 PM
Had a great beef salad/bread bowl there last week....I must have the recipe....anyone with ideas? It had blue cheese too - so yummy!!

Thanks!

Busy3Boys
05-14-2003, 09:57 AM
Can anyone offer me the recipie? I saw all the talk about chowder bowls....now I need some help with the beef salad....PLEASE...going through withdrawls here!

:D

mousketeer
05-14-2003, 10:07 AM
Try e-mailing Mousepad Member Kevin (Yee), he's a restaurant columnist here at Mouseplanet. After that, I'm no help.

Toady The Eighth
05-14-2003, 10:34 AM
Here you go... From Disney Magazine.

GRILLED VEGETABLE AND BEEF SALAD

3 of 5
Salt and pepper
16 oz. New York sirloin strip
Nonstick cooking spray
8 oz. fresh asparagus
4 oz. sliced zucchini
4 oz. yellow squash
2 navel oranges, peeled and sliced across the grain in circles
2 peaches, stoned and quartered
1 small sweet onion (such as Maui or Vidalia), thinly sliced
Cilantro, for garnish (optional)

First, salt and pepper the steak and grill rare. Spray the asparagus and the squash with the oil, and season with salt and pepper. Grill the vegetables until tender and then grill the fruit. Arrange the vegetables and fruit on a plate. Slice the steak thinly on the diagonal and place on top of the grilled fruit and vegetables. Garnish with thinly sliced onions and fresh cilantro. Drizzle vinaigrette dressing on top and serve.

VINAIGRETTE DRESSING
2 tbsp. chicken stock
2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
1 tsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. rice-wine vinegar
1 tbsp. chopped garlic
1 tsp. chopped ginger
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients and whisk together.
Originally published in Disney Magazine.
Subscribe to Disney Magazine today at 50% savings.

Busy3Boys
05-14-2003, 11:12 AM
but the one at Cafe Orleans is shredded beef I think and it more of a salad in the bread bowl.....it had bleu (sp?) cheese too....and it was heaven!

How do I get a message to Kevin (Yee)?

Thanks for the help!

:cool:

Toady The Eighth
05-14-2003, 11:21 AM
I think Cafe Orleans uses shredded beef for everything.

Kevin@miceage.com

Busy3Boys
05-14-2003, 11:27 AM
I CAN HARDLY WAIT TO HEAR BACK FROM HIM! Maybe Beef salad will be on our menu here at home this weekend!! I hope so!

I have never been so smitten with a salad...think it was the Disney magic? Or was it really good? :p

cstephens
05-14-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Busy3Boys
I CAN HARDLY WAIT TO HEAR BACK FROM HIM!

Might I suggest that you perhaps not count entirely on Kevin to be able to provide you the answer you're looking for. Yes, he used to do the food-related column on this site, but I'm not sure he necessarily has access to all the recipes of everything at Disneyland. Also, with his regular work, his work on MiceAge and his family, I figure he's pretty busy right now.

You might try sending your request to Disneyland via their website or better yet, if you can, make the request at Cafe Orleans directly. After all, they should definitely have the recipe, though whether or not they are allowed to distribute it is another issue.

Busy3Boys
05-14-2003, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the info....so I would write to City Hall? I think someone posted the address???

Can anyone help direct where I should send my letter?...I feel so helpless! :confused:

Many thanks

Just Plain Nice
05-14-2003, 03:33 PM
I'd go to Disneyland.com and click on "Contact Us" and send them an email. They usually respond pretty quickly.

I am wondering if maybe you are thinking of steak salad?

I have this recipe:
Ingredients

1 1/2 pounds beef sirloin steak
8 cups romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
6 roma (plum) tomatoes, sliced
1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/4 cup walnuts

1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/8 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring

Directions
1 Preheat oven on broiler setting. Broil steaks for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. Allow to cool, then slice into bite-size pieces.
2 On chilled plates, arrange lettuce, tomatoes, and mushrooms. Sprinkle with blue cheese and walnuts. Top with steak slices.
3 In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and smoke flavoring. Drizzle over salad.

cstephens
05-14-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Busy3Boys
Can anyone help direct where I should send my letter?...I feel so helpless! :confused:

As Just Plain Nice suggested, go here (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/dlr/common/contactUs).