PDA

View Full Version : Best coffee at DLR?

CarlieB
05-12-2003, 04:15 PM
As a cafeine fiend I need a decent (read: large) cup of coffee (preferably a latte of some sort) to get me going in the morning. Where's the best coffee at Disneyland these days?

Toady The Eighth
05-12-2003, 04:19 PM
The Blue Ribbon Bakery makes the best latte in my opinion.. I am a big fan of the iced vanilla lattes.

Ooh! And the cinnamon rolls!

(This is a daily tradition of mine when I'm at DL)

HBTiggerFan
05-12-2003, 05:59 PM
the La Brea Bakery in Downtown Disney has some good coffee too.

surffnutt3000
05-12-2003, 06:29 PM
My personal choice is Baker's Field Bakery in DCA. Hmmm, I can use an extra large French Roast right now....:)

newhdplayer
05-12-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by HB Tigger Fan
the La Brea Bakery in Downtown Disney has some good coffee too.
Not for $3.00+ per cup.

10krbell
05-12-2003, 08:11 PM
Ok the best coffee...

Quite honestly, you need to head east on Katella to State College. Thats the closest Starbucks to the resort! :p

If you are planning on staying in the resort, I vote for the Blue Ribbon Bakery. The lattes there aren't too bad...

If only Starbucks would have listened to DH and I and opened a store in Downtown Disney!!!!!! But they thought rent was too much for a store there. Their loss, because I am almost always mobbed by people wanting to know where in DLR the Starbucks is when I walk through the gates with a Starbucks cup in hand!

cemeinke
05-12-2003, 09:17 PM
Actually the coffe drinks at Compass Books are pretty good, but that's a long walk from the parks.

PARK_HOPPER
05-12-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by 10krbell
Ok the best coffee...

Quite honestly, you need to head east on Katella to State College. Thats the closest Starbucks to the resort! :p

The closest Starbucks to Disneyland is at the Marriott Hotel, across from the Convention Center. Further south on Harbor Blvd, the Hyatt has a Starbucks and across the street at the new Marriott Suites, there is a Starbucks and they have their own entrance so you don't have to go into the hotel.

Last week, a Starbucks opened at the corner of Brookhurst and Ball, behind Jack In The Box in Anaheim.

PARK_HOPPER
05-12-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by CarlieB
As a cafeine fiend I need a decent (read: large) cup of coffee (preferably a latte of some sort) to get me going in the morning. Where's the best coffee at Disneyland these days?

Personally, I like the coffee served at the Disneyland Hotel's Coffee House. I was told they use Deidrich's coffee (a local Orange County company) and not that crappy Nestle instant stuff they pass off as "real" coffee...that stuff is awful.

The coffee served at the Coffee House(s) at Disneyland Hotel, Paradise Pier and the Grand Californian is great! The prices are actually comparable to Starbucks and it's nice to have something different than Starbucks, and Deidrich's tastes great!

Wizard69
05-12-2003, 11:14 PM
Blue Ribbon or Compass Books in DTD.

Just Plain Nice
05-13-2003, 08:19 AM
Starbucks ought to buy out some space in DTD and open a Mega-Store. They'd be swamped.

I am also a fan of the Blue Ribbon Bakery when I'm at the parks.

keschy
05-13-2003, 09:52 AM
I like the lattes at the french market cafe.

swtkissez
05-14-2003, 12:42 AM
What about the cappocino (sp) cart?!?!?!?!?!?!:confused:

hehe :D

:rolleyes:

10krbell
05-14-2003, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by Just Plain Nice
Starbucks ought to buy out some space in DTD and open a Mega-Store. They'd be swamped.

I am also a fan of the Blue Ribbon Bakery when I'm at the parks.

Oh we tried to convince them. DH happens to work for them, and after being a CM and AP for what seems like forever, we *knew* they would be perfect (think of where Build a Bear currently is!) But they refused to pay the kind of rent the Disney wanted! DH met with several So CA regional managers, and even had a meeting with VP of marketing for US stores. No deal.

Oh well, I just make sure I stop on the way in and fill up my travel mug...then live off of cokes for the rest of the day!

HBTiggerFan
05-17-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Toady The Eighth
The Blue Ribbon Bakery makes the best latte in my opinion.. I am a big fan of the iced vanilla lattes.

Ooh! And the cinnamon rolls!

(This is a daily tradition of mine when I'm at DL)

I had a vanilla latte at the Blue Ribbon Bakery and I wanted to :yammy: it was so nasty! Way to sweet and bitter at the same time. :yammy:

I prefer to buy overpriced coffee at Starbucks, if I do buy coffee, which I normally don't, because I don't like the stained teeth that coffee gives me.

Fantasmic Fan
05-26-2003, 07:26 PM
The last time I was in the Blue Ribbon Bakery there were signs up that advertised White Chocolate Mochas. This is new because the Bakery has only had the dark mochas since they have opened.

Yummy....white chocolate mocha, wish I could have one right now! :p

PsychDoc
05-29-2003, 09:11 PM
The coffee bars in both the Pier and the DL Hotel are very good. As for in the park, I think the Blue Bayou serves the best coffee.

PinkFloyd
05-30-2003, 09:37 AM
The Blue Bayou defiantly has the best coffee. You can't get much better than a cup of coffee and a Monte Cristo sandwitch!