PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland announces Star Tours and Little Mermaid opening dates

Pages : [1] 2

Tony
02-25-2011, 12:38 PM
The Disney Parks Blog has announced the opening of Star Tours and the new Little Mermaid ride which will open on June 3rd.

Mickey’s Soundsational Parade will start on MAY 27th.

More details here: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/02/from-under-the-sea-to-galaxies-far-far-away-opening-dates-are-set-for-a-soundsational-summer-at-disneyland-resort/

disneyobsessed
02-25-2011, 01:53 PM
Mickey’s Soundsational Parade will start on March 27th.

More details here: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/02/from-under-the-sea-to-galaxies-far-far-away-opening-dates-are-set-for-a-soundsational-summer-at-disneyland-resort/

I really wish that's what it said, but it said Soundsational will start on May 27th.

AVP
02-25-2011, 02:02 PM
I really wish that's what it said, but it said Soundsational will start on May 27th.Yeah, I fixed that for him.

AVP

AJDerrick
02-25-2011, 02:24 PM
I'm pretty bummed that the openings are so late. How do soft openings usually work?

houseofmouse
02-25-2011, 03:06 PM
Sometimes soft opening are a month out or just a few weeks. But not everyday and not all day. Unless they have an AP preview, you just have to be in the right place at the right time.

Mermaid
02-25-2011, 03:22 PM
The Disney Parks Blog has announced the opening of Star Tours and the new Little Mermaid ride which will open on June 3rd.

Mickey’s Soundsational Parade will start on MAY 27th.

Oooh that is our last day there. Me thinks it will be a zoo and a half but maybe, hopefully, we'll get lucky on a soft opening earlier in the week (especially for Mermaid, ST sorta makes me queasy).

olegc
02-25-2011, 11:22 PM
Sometimes soft opening are a month out or just a few weeks. But not everyday and not all day. Unless they have an AP preview, you just have to be in the right place at the right time.

last real AP "preview" was for Nemo, right? that was a while ago..

wwomant
02-25-2011, 11:27 PM
Oooh that is our last day there. Me thinks it will be a zoo and a half but maybe, hopefully, we'll get lucky on a soft opening earlier in the week (especially for Mermaid, ST sorta makes me queasy).

I'm thinking the same things Mermaid. I'm hoping that maybe, just maybe, that there might actually be a small lul in the crowds during the week, as people put off their trips until Friday for the ride openings. Is that too much to hope? The best of both worlds, lower crowds, and getting the ride openings?

Malcon10t
02-26-2011, 08:16 AM
last real AP "preview" was for Nemo, right? that was a while ago..Didn't they do an AP preview for TSMM?

LeahS
02-26-2011, 10:03 AM
We've booked our hotel in mid-May, but we've pretty much decided to change it and come down in July instead. As we drive down from Vancouver Island, it would be hard to be "so close, yet so far" from the new trio of rides and parade. Have to wait longer for my holiday, but I think it'll be worth it in the end.

Glad to hear that ST will probably have a FP- that's great.

houseofmouse
02-26-2011, 10:05 AM
Didn't they do an AP preview for TSMM?

Yes. I remember my parents having that opportunity but they did not do it.

bennette
02-26-2011, 01:58 PM
Didn't they do an AP preview for TSMM?

Yes. We went. We also got picked for the AP tour of the Dream Suite. (Went to that also.)

candles71
02-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Yes. We went. We also got picked for the AP tour of the Dream Suite. (Went to that also.)

Would you be offended if I said I hate you?:|:D;)
Here I was with the kids saying they wanted to go in May, and now they say June. I'm not sure I could handel June.

ogold72
02-26-2011, 09:47 PM
any words on whether the Little Mermaid ride will have FP? Didnt hear anything about that so I thought I would get a confirmation one way or the other

woody9six
02-28-2011, 08:47 AM
any words on whether the Little Mermaid ride will have FP? Didnt hear anything about that so I thought I would get a confirmation one way or the other

Nope. This is a response to the same question on the comments section of the blog entry...

Though we will not have FastPass distribution for The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure, I think guests will find a very good loadig (sic) system for this attraction. We will have FastPass for Star Tours – The Adventures Continue.

jrsharp21
02-28-2011, 08:58 AM
Perfect timing for us as we have a trip planned for second week in June!

princessariel
02-28-2011, 03:28 PM
hmm...i was planning to go the second week of june. do you think it will be crazy busy during the first few weeks of the rides being opened? also how long should i expect star tours and little mermaids lines to be? as much as i want to ride these rides:D, i don't know if i could handle over a two hour wait :|

woody9six
02-28-2011, 04:07 PM
hmm...i was planning to go the second week of june. do you think it will be crazy busy during the first few weeks of the rides being opened? also how long should i expect star tours and little mermaids lines to be? as much as i want to ride these rides:D, i don't know if i could handle over a two hour wait :|

Star Tours will have FP distribution, so if you take advantage of that, I would think the wait time should be minimal. And according to the BLOG, Little Mermaid has a pretty quick load time (my guess is similar to The Haunted Mansion perhaps?) so hopefully it will be a manageable wait time.

ogold72
02-28-2011, 10:10 PM
I am so lucky with the timing! I made my reservations for DLH for 31 May - 4 Jun back in December hoping it would be enough buffer time from when I got back from Iraq to visit after the new rides open. I just squeaked in!

I will report back and let everyone know about the ride and the queue and anything else the next day!

jrsharp21
03-01-2011, 07:34 AM

For new rides I don't mind waiting an hour or two in the que the first or second time. It gives you a chance to check out all the new detail in the que. The first time I rode Indy when it first opened I waited in line for 2 hours. But that que had so much detail it gave us a good chance to check it out.

janell
03-01-2011, 07:36 AM
Will FP machines be up and runing on June 3 for Star Tours? I'm not sure if Little Mermaid will have FP, anyone know?

AVP
03-01-2011, 09:16 AM
Will FP machines be up and runing on June 3 for Star Tours? I'm not sure if Little Mermaid will have FP, anyone know?

Nope. This is a response to the same question on the comments section of the blog entry...

Though we will not have FastPass distribution for The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure, I think guests will find a very good loadig (sic) system for this attraction. We will have FastPass for Star Tours – The Adventures Continue.
It's never certain that Fastpass will be available ON opening day due to surrounding media activity. I would not count on it for the 3rd, but it's possible.

AVP

Shunasee
03-01-2011, 10:23 AM
Cant Wait!!

We took the day off. I know its going to be a zoo, and for the two rides we will have to wait several hours, however I love going on rides on the first day!

We do the same thing when they do the Halloween rides.

Bytebear
03-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Ah, just AFTER my pass expires. :mad:

janell
03-01-2011, 02:23 PM
It's never certain that Fastpass will be available ON opening day due to surrounding media activity. I would not count on it for the 3rd, but it's possible.

AVP

Thanks AVP. Guess we are going to have to get there early. Like 6:00 am. lol I know that day will be nuts, but its not like summer will be much better. :)