PDA

View Full Version : Eating your way through the park

Bill Catherall
08-09-2001, 06:12 PM
My favorite way of seeing the park is through the food! Here's the scenario:

"Hmm...I'm in the mood for a Mint Julip. Let's go get one then ride the Haunted Mansion."

"Let's go get a turkey leg and ride Thunder Mountain."

"How about a chowder and a ride on Pirates?"

You get the idea. How do plan your day at Disneyland?

FantasmicFan82
08-09-2001, 06:18 PM
-Pizza at the port, then off to autopia.
-Camp out for the first show of Fantasmic! and get Clam Chowder in a bread Bowl. mmmm mmmmm:D
-Popcorn and Lemonade while watching Animazement.
-McD's FryFries while in line for BTM.

But now there's Fastpass, i have to reschedule my day with my food. i guess now it's get the fastpass and then the food.:)

EandCDad
08-09-2001, 07:37 PM
Our food schedule is usually up in the air, but there is always a stop at the candy palace before exiting. Haven't tried the clam chowder in the bread bowl but may have to next time.

FantasmicFan82
08-09-2001, 07:42 PM
Haven't tried it.:( :eek:
the gumbo if pretty good too, but i've only tried it once. if you're waiting for Fantasmic, during the summer a coke is good with it. but during the winter a coffee or hot cocoa is ok, but one hot thing is enough.:)

downingfamily1
08-10-2001, 09:13 AM
Don't forget Mickey Mouse pancakes! My brain will not kick in and remember the name of the restaurant, but they are the best pancakes. It takes me back to when I went as a kid.:)

Napsto
08-10-2001, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by EandCDad
Our food schedule is usually up in the air, but there is always a stop at the candy palace before exiting. Haven't tried the clam chowder in the bread bowl but may have to next time.

wow, that is kinda suprising. what is your fave food?

Dlandmom
08-10-2001, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by EandCDad

Chowder in a bowl is a must! I don't think it's actually better than others I've tried, but eating it in New Orleans Square just makes it taste that much better!:D

lisap
08-10-2001, 05:48 PM
Especially on a foggy, rainy day. Love it.

beanpole
08-11-2001, 12:33 AM
Everything tastes better at Disneyland!

I'd crawl on my hands and knees from the farthest corner of Toontown to New Orleans Square for the vegetable stew in a bread bowl. It's incredibly tasty, especially where the rich gravy has soaked into the bread at the bottom. I've been known to plunge my head face-first into the bread bowl, just to savor the goodness with all of my senses - including my ears. It's that delicious.

Dlandmom
08-11-2001, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by beanpole
Everything tastes better at Disneyland!

I'd crawl on my hands and knees from the farthest corner of Toontown to New Orleans Square for the vegetable stew in a bread bowl. It's incredibly tasty, especially where the rich gravy has soaked into the bread at the bottom. I've been known to plunge my head face-first into the bread bowl, just to savor the goodness with all of my senses - including my ears. It's that delicious.

Wow! I'll have to try the stew! I'm hungry just thinking about it! Hmm, when can I get to Disneyland again...?!

ODV CM
08-12-2001, 09:26 PM
Definately my favorite food is found in New Orleans square, fromt the jambalaya, to the clam chowder, to even the muffaletta, which I really like for some reason. With the exception of a Banyan Beef Skewer, the food there is the only thing that I ever really get a craving for.

Napsto
08-12-2001, 10:48 PM
has anybody had the brocoli cheese bowl? it was pretty good.

PirateoftheCaribbean
08-13-2001, 07:46 AM
My favorite food at Disneyland is the Penne Pasta at the Plaza Inn. But, I always have to have a Frozen Yogurt from Clarabelle's. Yum.:D

blusilva
08-14-2001, 11:51 AM
It usually starts with breakfast. Breakfast at The River Belle means a swing afterwards thru the west side of the park. Breakfast on Main Street means we start in Tomorrowland.

Summer heat = Dole Whip = Tiki Room.

Redd Rocket's is usually the venue of choice for dinner, with a ride through Space Mountain to accompany it.

Winter cold = chowder bowls = Pirates and HM and/or Country Bears so we have a warm place to sit for a while.

And our last trip down Main Street for today always calls for a stop at the Bakery so we can take some cinnamon rolls home!

tlovesdis
08-14-2001, 01:08 PM
Here are the places and things my husband and I like to eat at and eat while in Disneyland (we haven't been to DCA yet, so everything is either in DL or outside the park. I'm sure that will change very soon when we go th DCA for the first time!). What we hit depends on how many days we are there:

Breakfast at RiverBelle Terrace

Lunch at Blue Bayou and/or French Market

Ice cream at Gibson Girl

Frozen lemonade in front of Haunted Mansion

Dinner is usually someplace outside the park.

CTB21
08-14-2001, 06:57 PM
We can't leave Disneyland until my girlfriend gets a churro.
When we go to Disneyworld she is always pointing out that she can't get them there:mad:

beanpole
08-15-2001, 12:54 AM
Please allow me to rhapsodize about the Blue Ribbon Bakery (BRB) for a moment here.

When I arrive at DL early in the morning, I'm usually bleary-eyed and half-awake, so the best place to begin my magical day is the BRB.

There's an amazing moment that you (my fellow DL fans) probably understand; it's the moment when you walk into that bakery and you're enveloped by a warm cloud of bakery smells: sugar, coffee, chocolate, fresh yeast, cinnamon, and honey-glazed roasted peanuts.

This blast of happy, comforting smells is accompanied by a visual treat; there you are in a beautifully designed store that combines visual intimacy with operational efficiency for handling large crowds of hungry customers.

Everywhere you look, mouth-watering bakery goods are stacked upon glistening trays: warm, yeasty cinnamon buns so big you need a cardboard box to hold all of the creamy, buttery-sweet topping that's dripping off the sides, moist, rich chocolate muffins loaded with melting chocolate chips, honey and nut glazed rolls with their caramel toppings extruded an inch above the surface of the buns, and tall cups of whipped cream mochas.

The best part of all is exiting BRB with your treats and finding a nice table in Coke Corner. On weekends, you will enjoy your coffee, orange juice, and bakery goodies as the DL marching band plays a rousing tune nearby. By the time you're finished with breakfast, the park will open for the day! Ahhhhh. I love the BRB.

lisap
08-15-2001, 06:03 AM
Mr. Beanpole,
STOP posting on the food threads! You are making me crazy!!!!! ;)

beanpole
08-15-2001, 02:57 PM
LISAP, it's too late; I'm making myself crazy!

After posting my message about BRB, I was so hungry for yeast-risen bread that I spent the next half hour running around the kitchen like a headless chicken, frantically trying to find something - anything - that smelled like a cinnamon bun.

Eventually, I had to settle for opening a can of sardines and inhaling deeply. A poor substitute for sure, but at least it calmed me down.

lisap
08-15-2001, 03:04 PM
Hahahaha :) No little jar of cinnamon so he opens sardines. My cat would understand completely.