PDA

View Full Version : Buzz says goodbye to Fastpasses - C3PO & co. say hello

Pages : [1] 2

corona
02-24-2011, 02:48 PM
It's the old switcheroo (http://ocresort.ocregister.com/2011/02/24/disneyland-plans-to-change-fastpass-rides/71067/)

AVP
02-24-2011, 03:29 PM
Since the OC Register article is just repeating something I wrote in the Disneyland Park Update on Monday, it's probably just as easy to link to the source article:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/9546/Disneyland_Resort_Update

...Cast members tell us that Fastpass service for Buzz Lightyears Astro Blasters has been discontinued, and that the machines will be used for Star Tours 2.0 when that ride reopens later this year. The Buzz Lightyear Fastpass machines are currently behind a construction wall, and it's unclear if the machines will be remain in place or be relocated closer to the Star Tours entrance. Star Tours previously offered Fastpass, but the service was discontinued and the machines removed due to lack of demand.

And to update, I've now been told that the Fastpass machines will stay where they were, they'll just be converted to use for Star Tours.

AVP

sjhanksaz
02-24-2011, 03:45 PM
What if Disney set it up for you to use your Fast Pass at either Buzz or Star Tours.

So when you return and the line is a little longer at one than the other you get to choose for yourself.

oregontraveler
02-24-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm not surprised, but I feel this is a good move to keep the machines where they are. Keep the ride queue seperate.

candles71
02-24-2011, 05:04 PM
I'm not surprised, but I feel this is a good move to keep the machines where they are. Keep the ride queue seperate.

This is what I was thinking. It is such a narrow area, I think its a good idea to have them across the way.

disneyobsessed
02-24-2011, 07:00 PM
This is what I was thinking. It is such a narrow area, I think its a good idea to have them across the way.

Especially since the fastpass machines themselves will likely have lines at times. Think of how long it can take sometimes just to get Space or Indy fastpasses at very busy times.

ChrisGlass
02-24-2011, 09:06 PM
Indiana and others would have better fastpass throughput if people would obey the entrance and exit-ways properly. Maybe install some "Exit only" swinging gates.

Bytebear
02-24-2011, 10:05 PM
They will need the space near the entrance for the massive lines, so it makes sense to keep the FP machines across the way. They just took up space in their original space. I do hope they re-theme them though.

As to Indiana Jones, they could do the FP checkpoint where the exit meets the queue just past the spike room, and I wish they would, because it's such a waste of the queue to have to rush through it.

danyoung
02-25-2011, 10:38 AM
What if Disney set it up for you to use your Fast Pass at either Buzz or Star Tours. So when you return and the line is a little longer at one than the other you get to choose for yourself.

Fastpass machines are very integrated with the attraction that they are assigned to. To ask a FP machine to track TWO different attractions and make adjustments of its assignment times is pretty much impossible.

Mermaid
02-25-2011, 11:36 AM
I am happy to see the FP at Buzz go. Most days it wasn't really necessary and we have horrible luck with there not being anyone working the merge point and people looking at us like we are trying to cut the line. This has happened to us 4 times on different days!

olegc
02-25-2011, 12:30 PM
Indiana and others would have better fastpass throughput if people would obey the entrance and exit-ways properly. Maybe install some "Exit only" swinging gates.

i just think it's always crazy to see a line for fastpasses at Indy... 20 min wait to get a fastpass. Too funny...

The old man
02-28-2011, 05:23 AM
i just think it's always crazy to see a line for fastpasses at Indy... 20 min wait to get a fastpass. Too funny...
They might consider FP machines for getting an Indy FP.

jananafish
03-07-2011, 07:16 PM
can anyone tell me why an extra piece of paper shoots out after printing an FP? isn't that an extreme waste of paper? do they recycle that paper? what's the point of that extra sheet? sorry if this is answered somewhere else on the board but i thought id bring it up in the FP discussion :)

kiowa
03-08-2011, 04:30 AM
It's the old switcheroo (http://ocresort.ocregister.com/2011/02/24/disneyland-plans-to-change-fastpass-rides/71067/)

Thank you for this update, as a person who doesn't always read the park update I'm glad a person posted this. It seems a bit rude how certain people reacted to your post.

ralfrick
03-08-2011, 07:19 AM
Fastpass machines are very integrated with the attraction that they are assigned to. To ask a FP machine to track TWO different attractions and make adjustments of its assignment times is pretty much impossible.

Actually, Dan, Universal Express machines in Orlando used to do exactly that. Not only were the machines able to do multiple attractions (for instance, I think the Mummy machine also distributed Twister), but you were given a choice of 2 return times before receiving the pass. These days, however, the only Express pass they have is the one you pay for or receive by staying at one of their hotels. Machines for free ones are long gone.

Now, the post you were responding to sounded like an idea for the guest to get a FP that could be used for either ride, and the decision would be made upon returning. That sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

A bientot.

Drince88
03-09-2011, 06:23 AM
can anyone tell me why an extra piece of paper shoots out after printing an FP? )
Never had that happen to me. I just wish they'd add the FP catchers to the DL FP machines, like they have in WDW.

jananafish
03-09-2011, 01:30 PM
Never had that happen to me. I just wish they'd add the FP catchers to the DL FP machines, like they have in WDW.

really? its happened every time i've gotten FP at space mountain. there are scraps of those papers all over the place every time... weird.

currence
03-09-2011, 01:47 PM
really? its happened every time i've gotten FP at space mountain. there are scraps of those papers all over the place every time... weird.

We always get two fastpass papers off my husbands AP. I don't remember the order but one indicates that he can't have a fastpass because his pass wasn't used for admission that day - and the other is the fastpass.

CariBelle
03-10-2011, 08:42 AM

I usually just assume those are invalid FPs from people who were trying to get a new FP too soon.

sjhanksaz
03-10-2011, 11:47 AM
I usually just assume those are invalid FPs from people who were trying to get a new FP too soon.

I think you are right. I have at times put it and then thought nothing happened so I did it again to be fast and it spits out the first one as I am scanning the second.

kpcrone
03-12-2011, 02:10 PM
...To ask a FP machine to track TWO different attractions and make adjustments of its assignment times is pretty much impossible.

Nothing is impossible. ;) If it were, we wouldn't have this amazing park! :D

ChrisGlass
03-13-2011, 10:42 PM
can anyone tell me why an extra piece of paper shoots out after printing an FP? isn't that an extreme waste of paper? do they recycle that paper? what's the point of that extra sheet? sorry if this is answered somewhere else on the board but i thought id bring it up in the FP discussion :)

I'm actually bothered by how it's always about an 1/8 of an inch too much.

Oh, and I don't know if this is a real indicator or anything, but the schedule sheets that go along with the maps at the park no longer list Astroblasters at the bottom as a Fastpass ride.

AVP
03-13-2011, 11:37 PM
Oh, and I don't know if this is a real indicator or anything, but the schedule sheets that go along with the maps at the park no longer list Astroblasters at the bottom as a Fastpass ride.It is no longer a Fastpass ride. The machines are being used for Star Tours.

AVP

ShelbyH
03-15-2011, 06:26 PM
I am happy to see the FP at Buzz go. Most days it wasn't really necessary and we have horrible luck with there not being anyone working the merge point and people looking at us like we are trying to cut the line. This has happened to us 4 times on different days!

I totally agree with this. There's rarely a long stand-by wait when we go and often no CM at the merge and you get all kinds of dirty looks.

BQ2
03-21-2011, 01:30 PM
It was time...