PDA

View Full Version : Disney previews Tangaroa Terrace and Trader Sam’s

AVP
02-24-2011, 09:31 AM
The Disney Parks Blog just posted a small teaser (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/02/tangaroa-terrace-trader-sams-to-join-disneyland-hotel-this-spring/) about the new restaurant and bar under construction at the Disneyland Hotel, Tangaroa Terrace and Trader Sam’s.

http://parksandresorts.wdpromedia.com/media/disneyparks/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/tth757827SMALL.jpg

Tangaroa Terrace is a "fast-casual" restaurant, which Disney says "will include island-inspired food and beverages." I've previously been told that the restaurant will be operated somewhat like Whitewater Snacks in the daytime (order at a counter and your food will be brought to your table), but will convert to standard table-service at night. Disney hasn't confirmed this, and it's possible the plan has changed in the past several months.

Trader Sam's is a Tiki Room-inspired lounge, which the Blog says "will include interactive experiences with a bit of Disney magic you won’t want to miss."

AVP

danyoung
02-24-2011, 10:39 AM
Trader Sam's is a Tiki Room-inspired lounge, which the Blog says "will include interactive experiences with a bit of Disney magic you won’t want to miss."

AVP

Hmmm. Adventurers Club West?

Niwel
02-24-2011, 10:44 AM

oooohhh! I hope so :)

leota's necklace
02-24-2011, 11:03 AM

Don't tease me like that.

adriennek
02-24-2011, 11:08 AM
As for the terrace... Tonga Toast and The Samoan for breakfast??????????

Pretty Pretty Please?????

Adrienne

Mermaid
02-24-2011, 12:38 PM
As for the terrace... Tonga Toast and The Samoan for breakfast??????????

I like the way you think.....

olegc
02-25-2011, 12:27 PM

nice thought... but I would wait and see.... Will it be interactive like AC or like THe Other Magic Lamp in Adventureland... I know that DLR's Imagineering team has done some great things lately but I still wonder how much gets to really get in the 1st cut.

and does anyone else have experience with a restaurant that is quick-casual at one time of day and table service another? do they have enough room to handle table service? Just curious.