PDA

View Full Version : July crowds?

mydad1942
05-11-2003, 10:34 AM
I know the summer months and holidays are the busiest times at DL. I was wondering just HOW crowded DL will likely be the week after July 4th? We were thinking of spending one day there and would like to go when crowds will be a bit more managable, I hear Thurs. tends to be the slowest day? Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Elisabeth

Aurora
05-11-2003, 11:22 AM
Yes Thursdays's are good, Ive also found that Tuesdays are very good too. Alot of people go on Monday thinking it will be empty but all those people with that mindset are there. Tuesday is usually a slow day. Well at least it has been when I went!:)

jerjer2005
05-11-2003, 09:21 PM
In the month of July there is no such thing as a slow day at disneyland. although we may see a change due to the current situation of people not really traveling lately. This summer is all up in the air. Good luck and have a great trip!

RideMax Mark
05-12-2003, 06:14 AM
On the bright side, I don't expect the DCA crowds to be as bad in July as they have been this past weekend. :eek:

The other plus is that if you can get to the park early (7:30am or so for the 8:00am opening), you can get quite a bit done in the first hour or two the park is open.

Have a great trip!

Toady The Eighth
05-12-2003, 08:31 AM
I like to go to Disneyland in July. It's one of my favorite times of the year to visit the park. In my opinion, it's busy, but not unbearably busy. Unbearably busy would be the week between Christmas and New Years, The 4th of July, and Spring Break.

Plain old ordinary days in July are not bad.. just make sure you use your fastpass privledges correctly, and go back to the hotel for a break around 2 or 3.

The weather will be nice, most of the attractions and shows will be up and running, the park is open late, its warm enough at night to walk around in shorts, I LOVE JULY AT DISNEYLAND!!:D

(But stay abway from the actual 4th of July.. I went on the 5th last year, and it was fine)

Morrigoon
05-12-2003, 08:59 AM
Wow, I have a different opinion.

You know, I assume, that July 4th is THE busiest day of the year for DL. Therefore the week leading up to and following are also likely to have quite a few visitors vacationing around the holiday. Tuesday and Wednesday are my favorite days, but everyone has their own theories about weekdays, and honestly at that time of year, six of one....

If you go in July, it's going to be crowded. Period. If you're cool with that, great!

The earlier in summer, the better. June, therefore is preferable to August. July, well, that comes between them :)

Toady The Eighth
05-12-2003, 09:07 AM
Well, I suppose my description of "not bad crowds" may be different from other's.

To me, "not bad" means you can walk around on Mainstreet without bumping into 9 out of 10 people, go on all the rides you want in a day (so long as you use fastpass) and eat without waiting in a huge line.

As far as I'm concerned, the week after July 4th is "not bad" as far as crowds go. Obviously, its crowded in the summer. That's expected. But it isn't unbearable.

After being at the park both July 4th and New Years Eve, I'd have to give the cake to New Years Eve for the busiest day of the year, and January 1st is not bad at all..

Just Plain Nice
05-12-2003, 11:23 AM
I was in Disneyland July 6-11 last year, and the crowds were normal for summer. Busy, but like someone said before, not nearly as busy as Christmas Break, or Spring Break.

I agree that July is a great time to go. My husband and I will be taking our daughter again on July 11th this year.

julia
05-12-2003, 01:19 PM
If you are aware of the possibility of crowds, then, it isn't so bad! You can get an early start to your visit and collect FastPasses for the attractions or rides that you want to do that day. Also, definitely make Priority Seating Reservations and try to eat early and/or late to avoid the crowds, both in the restaurants and in the parks when everyone else is off eating their meals.

Have a magical day!