PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones and the (under construction)

XxJack SkellingtonxX
05-10-2003, 09:12 PM
I hear the Indy ride is going to be expanded. From what I've heard it's for the 4th movie which isn't due for a while. I would like to know however if this is going to shut it down for some ungodly time like a year? I'd hate to see that happen as that ride is a favorite of everyone I've talked to and mine of course. It would be awsome if they did expand it though, I think there could really be a lot added into the story.

mrfantasmic
05-10-2003, 09:15 PM
I have not heard about any expansion to take place... it is going down for a month to be cleaned up and refreshed...
That should be all!

DL4EVER
05-10-2003, 09:15 PM
If that happens, the lines in DL will be ungodly, splash line would prolly be close to 225 mins. long...

Nigel2
05-10-2003, 09:56 PM
Well if they do, which I doubt, it wouldn't be for a long time. Plus since the attraction doesn't actually go off of any movie plot a new movie wouldn't make any difference in the ride.

Ace
05-11-2003, 12:50 PM
I doubt they'd spend money adding something to a ride that still manages to get huge numbers of people daily.

LIMANDL4EVA
05-11-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by mrfantasmic
I have not heard about any expansion to take place... it is going down for a month to be cleaned up and refreshed...
That should be all!
Obviously nothing major is to be expected for THIS upcoming refurbishment, however IF they did do this expansion, it wouldnt be for several years since the INDY IV script hasn't even been finalized (correct me if I'm wrong). And if it DOES happen, most likely the subs, space, circlevision, and the new attraction for tommorowland will be open by then, so splash would hopefully not be 225 minutes long.

jerjer2005
05-11-2003, 03:21 PM
This lil tidbit of gossip is absolutely positutely FALSE.

1) disney wouldnt dare close Indy for up to a year with space mountain down also.

2)The one month closure would never be long enough for an expansion.

3)the closure and refurb is to correct some problems and spruce up the place.

(hopefully the refurb will fix the illfated fire in the bridge scene, correct some of the audio problems on some of the vehicles, and maybe even replace the fans in the skeleton scene. oh how we dream)

Icy Bacon
05-11-2003, 04:14 PM
Also notice that the month long refurb is during the quieter part of the year, if they were willing to take down Indy for a long period of time they wouldn't be rushing through a refurb in low-attendance days.

I don't think it needs any sort of expansion anyways... the thing cost so much to begin with that any changes would have to really be noticed and be highly-marketable.

(my first post after months of lurking, hooray!)

DisneyFan25863
05-11-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by jerjer2005
and maybe even replace the fans in the skeleton scene. oh how we dream)

I doubt it. Esiner would never approve that after he lost his toupee (sp) from those fans :~D :fez:

Pirate Girl
05-11-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by DisneyFan25863
I doubt it. Esiner would never approve that after he lost his toupee (sp) from those fans :~D :fez:

Ohhhhhh. Low blow, 10 points!:D

Thomas
05-12-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by jerjer2005
This lil tidbit of gossip is absolutely positutely FALSE.

1) disney wouldnt dare close Indy for up to a year with space mountain down also.

Why not, they almost closed down all of Tomorrowland.

Just Plain Nice
05-12-2003, 11:30 AM
I'm glad Indiana Jones is going down for rehab. When we were there in April a lot of the special effects weren't working.:mad:

innerSpaceman
05-12-2003, 12:19 PM
Absolutely False Rumour.

LucasFilm will not license anything to Disney. No new films for Star Tours. Absolutely no money or materials for additions to Indy.

And expand where? Into Downtown Disney?

This disclaimer brought to you by the Padder who started the obviously false rumour about an attraction going into the Pizza Port location.

Morrigoon
05-12-2003, 12:44 PM
when is indy scheduled for refurb???

Just Plain Nice
05-12-2003, 12:50 PM
Hi All,

I think it is going for rehab sometime in early September.