PDA

View Full Version : New Little Mermaid Ride DCA?

wunderkindlp
02-16-2011, 09:57 AM
Does anyone have any idea (besides Spring of 11) when the new Little Mermaid ride opens in DCA?!

AVP
02-16-2011, 10:17 AM
Does anyone have any idea (besides Spring of 11) when the new Little Mermaid ride opens in DCA?!I wrote about the possible schedule in this week's Disneyland Resort Update (http://www.mouseplanet.com/9538/Disneyland_Resort_Update). A Walt Disney World press release says it will be "Summer," but a Disneyland spokesperson told the Orange County Register it will still be "Spring." Since we assume all three new shows/attractions will open at the same time (Disney usually won't schedule three major press events, preferring to group everything together), and we know that Walt Disney World has first dibs on the debut of Star Tours 2.0 on May 20, the earliest we're likely to see a grand opening will be June, and sometime before the 21st to meet the "Spring" dates Disneyland seems committed to.

We're waiting for official word from Disney about final dates, but that's all we have now. At least one of the parade floats from Mickey's Soundsational Parade has arrived at the Resort based on a photo I saw posted on Twitter last week.

AVP

wunderkindlp
02-16-2011, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the info. I was really hoping for spring but all well. I'm super upset about star tours... that one was best left alone and part of the tradition of going to Disneyland

lola2009
02-16-2011, 10:50 AM
AVp, do you think Star Tours and Ariels will be open by June 18th? I know it would be an estimated guess but i'm wondering if I should push my dates back.

AVP
02-16-2011, 10:52 AM
AVp, do you think Star Tours and Ariels will be open by June 18th? I know it would be an estimated guess but i'm wondering if I should push my dates back.I *believe* so, since Disney likes to hold press events on week days, and the following week wouldn't be "spring" anymore, but NOTHING is confirmed until Disney announces it.

AVP