PDA

View Full Version : Sign of things to Come!

Imaginears
02-15-2011, 03:56 PM
With the installation of the New "Let the Memories Begin " sign in the middle of the esplande between DL and DCA, it seems Disney is determined to fill that void. Many other planetears wrote about the addition of a fountain in that spot. My suspicion is that because this sign is so elaborate, that a permanant fountain is at least a few years away.

The sign is cute and I assume they'll be able to change the theme if it changes over the next 18 months. It's not exactly the beautiful fountain I was hoping for, but I stand by the idea that that space needed something and I thing it will serve as a great meeting spot for friends and family before they venture into the parks.

Any other thoughts!:)

Grandpa Louie
02-15-2011, 07:20 PM
With the installation of the New "Let the Memories Begin " sign in the middle of the esplande between DL and DCA, it seems Disney is determined to fill that void. Many other planetears wrote about the addition of a fountain in that spot. My suspicion is that because this sign is so elaborate, that a permanant fountain is at least a few years away.

The sign is cute and I assume they'll be able to change the theme if it changes over the next 18 months. It's not exactly the beautiful fountain I was hoping for, but I stand by the idea that that space needed something and I thing it will serve as a great meeting spot for friends and family before they venture into the parks.

Any other thoughts!:)

The sign is a temporary one. It has no footings and is essentiallly trailer-mounted. It will be gone by the Holidays.

Imaginears
02-18-2011, 03:04 PM
The sign is a temporary one. It has no footings and is essentiallly trailer-mounted. It will be gone by the Holidays.

I don't know. I've seen disney bring in things that seem like elaborate Temporary things and keep them there for well over a year or two.

I think more importantly, my point was to comment on the fact that filling that space with something Temporary is almost a sure sign that once the sign is removed, it will be replaced with something more permanant. Hopefully with a bright and shiny fountain!!!:D

lauramaynot
02-22-2011, 07:37 AM
I believe there are plans in the works for the esplanade to be updated and flow better with the new DCA entrance...

GORGON
02-23-2011, 09:20 AM
It looks more like it will be used in future parades.

Grandpa Louie
02-23-2011, 01:09 PM
It looks more like it will be used in future parades.

Could be a float trailer, next time I'm at the Park, I'll get on my knees and have a good look.

One question it does answer is that there must be at least a power source under the compass rose.

rickosuave1987
02-23-2011, 01:35 PM
Could be a float trailer, next time I'm at the Park, I'll get on my knees and have a good look.

One question it does answer is that there must be at least a power source under the compass rose.

It is definitely mobile. I glanced under it out of curiosity. It has wheels but I couldn't tell if it was a drivable float or not. There was also some cabling under there, so I assume there is power out there that it is hooked up to.

danyoung
02-23-2011, 02:25 PM

A few weeks ago there were pictures online of Disney digging a small trench to run power to this location.