PDA

View Full Version : My Tomorrowland Guesses

mousketeer
05-09-2003, 12:28 PM
WARNING: These are only my guesses of what will occupy Tomorrowland in 2005. None of the representations are facts or rumors. This is simply my hypothesis of what Tomorrowland will be like for the 50th anniversary.

We've been hearing a lot about Tomorrowland 2005. After reading these various rumors, this is what I realistically see Tomorrowland being.

ATTRACTIONS
Space Mountain - "Enhanced" over two years, probably nothing major
Honey, I Shrunk the Audience - no changes
Submarine Voyage - as rumored, I suspect it will be similar to the original
Tomorrowland Autopia - no changes
Circle-Vision or Buzz Lghtyear Space Rangers - don't know which one, but both are equal competitors for the Circle Vision space
Star Tours - unfortunately, probably not changed
Astro Orbitor - still "orbiting" the enterance
Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress - yes, you read it right. It would be cheap and a great memory to Walt. If Carousel of Progress won't materialize, than I suppose Innoventions will still be there in all its misery.
Disneyland Monorail - with NEW, sleek Bombadier monorail cars

EXHIBITS
The Art of Disneyland - a permanent exhibit described by Al Lutz, which I guess will occupy the old Starcade
American Space Exhibit - still there...

SHOWS
Probably all the same

SHOPS
Star Trader
Premiere Shop
Hatmosphere

ATTRACIONS REMOVED
Possibly Innoventions for COP
Starcade
Comic Waves - replaced by "Meet and Greet" spot

ATTRACTION I WISH COULD BE THERE
People Mover - sob, sob... Remeber, this is a realistic guess, not a dreaming guess.

Toady The Eighth
05-09-2003, 02:20 PM
I hope you're wrong about HISTA. They really need to change that.. It's getting really old.

mousketeer
05-09-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Toady The Eighth
I hope you're wrong about HISTA. They really need to change that.. It's getting really old.

I agree, but remember, these are realistic guesses, and in reality, HISTA will probably not be changed.

Toady The Eighth
05-09-2003, 02:44 PM
I haven't been into HISTA since 2000. And I have been to the park probably 5 times since then.

And I have no desire to do it again. Twice was enough.

Other rides like that, however, It's Tough to be a Bug, and Soarin (Not that Soarin is in the same category, it's just something that's too repetetive) Don't bother me at all, and I'll do them over and over.

I seem to have a really strong dislike though, for HISTA. (Don't like the Muppets either)

SoCalDisneyLover
05-09-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Toady The Eighth
I haven't been into HISTA since 2000. And I have no desire to do it again. Twice was enough.

Other rides like that, however, It's Tough to be a Bug, and Soarin (Not that Soarin is in the same category, it's just something that's too repetetive) Don't bother me at all, and I'll do them over and over.

(Don't like the Muppets either)

HISTA & Muppets both involve videos to a greater extent, while Bug & Soarin' involve you more, I think. HISTA is even more dated than the Muppets, which are still a popular commodity. Why wouldn't a kid choose seeing Kermit over some scientist guy faking the shrinking of an audience? The only reason I would go see HISTA is if I was with someone that had to see it. Given the amount of space it takes up in Tommorowland, it's a wonder that they keep it there.