PDA

View Full Version : Stitch's Alien Encounter is coming, no CircleVision after all

Pages : [1] 2 3

zapppop
05-08-2003, 02:55 PM
We're getting a " Stitch" version of Alien Encounter & CircleVision is getting axed to do it.
So that's the new attraction for the 50th.

Flubber
05-08-2003, 03:15 PM
Somebody was just telling me about this!

It would be nice to have CircleVision return and replace HISTA instead but I'm glad anything new is coming to Tomorrowland. Stitch Encounter could be a lot of fun.

Christiii
05-08-2003, 03:16 PM
Ive never seen it, but I heard that Alien Encounter was pretty scary...so this must be a REALLY different version....I really would like to see the scary one!!

10krbell
05-08-2003, 03:28 PM
Ok, I'm gonna have to keep an open mind about this. I've never seen Alien Encounter, so I'll have nothing to reference it to. However, I will not be upset about CircleVision not coming back, I am one of those who couldn't watch it...it made me sick to my stomach!

Keeping everything crossed that they do a good job, since I happen to like Stitch as a character!

innerSpaceman
05-08-2003, 03:40 PM
oh fine.

I HATE Stitch.

And just about the only thing good about Alien Encounter was that it was scary.

Take out the scary, and all you have is ToughBug II.

lazyboy97O
05-08-2003, 03:44 PM
WHAT??!! What was wrong with the way Alein Encounter was? It is one of the best attractions I have been on. The reason people are scared is because it's immersive. How can you have an Extra TERRORestrial Alein Encounter if its a cute little blue thing. I've seen Lilo & Stitch and understand he is supposed to be scary, but he looks like soemthing from Pokemon.

Also, where di you here this?

Tref
05-08-2003, 03:54 PM
Oh man. What a bad idea. WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?!

Christiii
05-08-2003, 03:56 PM
thats kinda what I was wondering...so its not really Alien Encounter at all..we could really use a scary ride, we already have Star Tours, which is a "cute" tour thru the galaxy...I would love to see Alien Encounter! oh well, Im still trying to get over the Tokyo Pooh passing us by...poor lil ole disneyland!!

Matterhorn Fan
05-08-2003, 04:06 PM
Ugh.

I like Stitch. I don't LOVE him, but I like him OK. However, I am NOT a fan of Alien Encounter. Just think, they could have put in Timekeeper or just reinstated the CircleVision.

No attraction there versus an attraction I won't go to. Makes no difference to me.

Andrew
05-08-2003, 04:19 PM
I have to say I don't give this rumor very much faith.

1. Alien Encounter is scary. Stitch is not scary. How do you work not-scary Stitch into Alien Encounter? Unless they're just going to replace Skyppy with Stitch, in which case I'm all for it.

2. The CircleVision space is too small for the double-theatre layout of Alien Encounter as built in WDW. Remember that AE was designed to plug in to the Mission to Mars building with minimal construction--MtM had two theatres. I suppose they could build it with just one theatre. Remind me to stay away from that line.

3. Mikey doesn't like AE. Mikey doesn't like Stitch. How likely is a combination of two Mikey-doesn't-like-its?

Here's what I would like to see:

First, gut the Carousel Theater building. It's not like the corporate sponsorships are making any money these days. Install Buzz Lightyear.
Why this works: Mikey likes Buzz. The location of the Carousel Theater in the back of Tomorrowland moves crowds into the land instead of clogging up the Hub. The sheer size of the Carousel Theater means the queue could be entirely inside, or a tie-in attraction or shop could be added, or both.

Next, refit the CircleVision Theater as TimeKeeper. TK was designed as a drop-in for any CircleVision theater--all it needs are two AA figures. Conveniently, the Tom Morrow figure from Innoventions is the same model as TimeKeeper, so all that's needed is a NineEye.
Why this works: I don't know how Mikey feels about TK, but it's known that Pressler hated it. Presumably Jay Rasulo, fresh from DLP (where TK is known as Le Visionarium) would have better feelings toward TK. The existing CV queue room holds a full show's worth of guests, and FASTPASS will keep the lines from extending too far out the door.

Bonus: Both are already existing attractions which could be plugged in to existing buildings. In the case of TK, it could be done in a month or two.

Balance that against reworking AE to include Stitch and installing it where it won't fit--well, I don't know about my proposals, but I don't see Stitch Encounter happening.

Lost Boy
05-08-2003, 06:06 PM
They are taking out Alien Encounter in Florida also and replacing it with Stitch. That's all they can do now, is make sure that a hit movie is somehow incorporated into all the Parks no matter what happens.
That is why I am worried about Pirates and Mansion. I think the Pirate Movie looks very good, but I don't want the attraction to change to become a ride through of the movie. And the less said about this abortion of a movie about the Haunted Mansion (with foul mouthed Eddy Murphy to boot) the less said the better. I would hate to see Manison turned into the movie version. But I see the handwriting on the wall, and unless something happens this is looks like a good possibility.

lazyboy97O
05-08-2003, 06:25 PM
Why would they change the one in Florida? Are these just rumors or has Disney confirmed it? Now that Andrew has pointed it out, I think he is right. The line for a big E Ticket in the CircleVision theater would clog up the front of Tomorrowland even more.

Batmanfan
05-08-2003, 06:52 PM
I doubt they would do this and a Stitch theme on Space Mountain, so one may be true. I would much rather see it on Space Mountain, since Alien Encounter has to be scary to be fun!

I don't believe that room is avaible for two theaters, but perhaps room for just one larger one is avaible.

And if they do both Stitch themed, why don't we just call it Stichplay land instead of Tomorrow....well at it's current state 1998 bad paint job land.

Disney Nick
05-08-2003, 07:08 PM
This was posted over at MI, but everyone seems to think that the guy over there is confused/wrong.

Zapppop I know you have sources, but was this from someone outside of that MI board or is that where you got this from.

If you say it exists and you've heard independent confirmation I'll believe it.

Not Afraid
05-08-2003, 07:15 PM
I've heard it now from 4 sources. Not that that makes it true. We'll just have to wait and see.

I miss CircleVision.:crying:

Disney Nick
05-08-2003, 07:35 PM
Thank Lisa, I know you have connections as well, but at least that re-assures me that it is at least the thinking at the current moment. Al article tomorrow anyone?

cemeinke
05-08-2003, 07:38 PM
I don't know but a CM I know said there were a bunch of Imagineers out by the Pizza Port - and they weren't eating the pizza

Disney Nick
05-08-2003, 07:55 PM
I heard someone got decapitaed out there by a flying pizza pan :eek:

newhdplayer
05-08-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by zapppop
We're getting a " Stitch" version of Alien Encounter & CircleVision is getting axed to do it.
So that's the new attraction for the 50th.

Well, that just is not acceptable.

No, maybe it is. We'll call it a updated version of a "dark-ride", with glow-in-the-dark cardboard cutouts, a cast-member dressed as Exp. #626, and fans blowing on you to muss up your hair. It'll be cool.

mousketeer
05-08-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Andrew
I have to say I don't give this rumor very much faith.

1. Alien Encounter is scary. Stitch is not scary. How do you work not-scary Stitch into Alien Encounter? Unless they're just going to replace Skyppy with Stitch, in which case I'm all for it.

2. The CircleVision space is too small for the double-theatre layout of Alien Encounter as built in WDW. Remember that AE was designed to plug in to the Mission to Mars building with minimal construction--MtM had two theatres. I suppose they could build it with just one theatre. Remind me to stay away from that line.

3. Mikey doesn't like AE. Mikey doesn't like Stitch. How likely is a combination of two Mikey-doesn't-like-its?

Here's what I would like to see:

First, gut the Carousel Theater building. It's not like the corporate sponsorships are making any money these days. Install Buzz Lightyear.
Why this works: Mikey likes Buzz. The location of the Carousel Theater in the back of Tomorrowland moves crowds into the land instead of clogging up the Hub. The sheer size of the Carousel Theater means the queue could be entirely inside, or a tie-in attraction or shop could be added, or both.

Next, refit the CircleVision Theater as TimeKeeper. TK was designed as a drop-in for any CircleVision theater--all it needs are two AA figures. Conveniently, the Tom Morrow figure from Innoventions is the same model as TimeKeeper, so all that's needed is a NineEye.
Why this works: I don't know how Mikey feels about TK, but it's known that Pressler hated it. Presumably Jay Rasulo, fresh from DLP (where TK is known as Le Visionarium) would have better feelings toward TK. The existing CV queue room holds a full show's worth of guests, and FASTPASS will keep the lines from extending too far out the door.

Bonus: Both are already existing attractions which could be plugged in to existing buildings. In the case of TK, it could be done in a month or two.

Balance that against reworking AE to include Stitch and installing it where it won't fit--well, I don't know about my proposals, but I don't see Stitch Encounter happening.

That raises good points. I fund this rumor hard for me to believe, even considering where it came from.

Anyways, if anything were coming to the CV Theater, I would think it would be:
1. Wonders of China - currently being re-shot for EPCOT
2. Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters - this attraction is replacing Visionarium (Timekeeper) at Tokyo Disneyland.

Time will tell, especially when it is officially announced. Don't you hate it when people don't cite their sources.

experiment626
05-08-2003, 08:54 PM
Someone on disneylandfans yahoo group, said that Circlevision would "be opened by end of month if not sooner." :rolleyes:

I would enjoy a stitch encounter ride. I would also enjoy seeing a Buzz Lightyear ride like at WDW-MK.

Disneyphile
05-08-2003, 09:00 PM
Yay!!!! Stitch!!!!

I love Stitch!!!!

Yay!!!!

Anybody else out there excited about this one too???? :)

Ace
05-08-2003, 09:35 PM
Not like this... not like this.

that's kinda ehh, though. TOMORROWLAND DOESN'T NEED MORE SHOWS. If all humans do in the future is sit in theaters and watch things then I'm moving to the Alps.

merlinjones
05-08-2003, 09:41 PM
I think Stitch Encounter might be alot of fun (and better, will keep Stitch out of the Tiki Room!), but I do wish it would come to the Mission to Mars/Pizza Port or Honey/EO space instead of taking up Circlevision. I really wanted that back.

Unless of course, they plan to bring Inner Space back to one of those locations instead, in which case I would give up CV.

How about the Rocket Jets/Observatron problem? I really think that needs to be solved for the 50th.

Ace
05-08-2003, 09:46 PM
This probably means any plans for the RR track are far away, as SAE will 'block' the existing queue that leads to the loading station.