PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland ending the Walk of Magical Memories program

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

AVP
02-11-2011, 09:39 PM
The Disneyland Resort posted a notice on the Disney Gallery Web site today confirming that the Walk of Magical Memories promotion is ending. Bricks must be ordered before 2/28/11, and will be installed in August. There's more information on the official Web site (http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/artofdisneyparks/event/dlr_disneyswalkofmagicalmemories.html). I know a bunch of folks are "on the fence" about these, and it seems like your time is running out if you want to order. According to the update posted today:

Guests who wish to sponsor a Disney's Walk of Magcial Memories paving stone prior to February 28, 2011 may contact
DisneylandŽ Merchandise Guest Services at 800.760.3566.

Update 2/28: Disneyland is still accepting orders through the end of the business day (5pm Pacific) on Monday, February 28. Bricks are $150 each, and are not subject to sales tax. Premium and Premier Annual Passholders receive a 10% discount. Wood or acrylic replica bricks are $35 per person, plus tax; Premium and Premier pass discounts also apply.

If you already have a brick and wanted to purchase a replica, today is also the last day to do that.

Niwel
02-11-2011, 10:46 PM
We fall in that group... guess we better decide. :fez:

soccerlady16
02-12-2011, 01:00 AM
How much are they?

Madame Liota
02-12-2011, 05:49 AM
How do I go about getting one. I've wanted one and was told to talk to the info kiosk but noone is ever there. Can anyone give me some info, I'm going monday

carolinakid
02-12-2011, 08:28 AM
Waste of money, imo. I'd rather put the $$$ toward my next visit!

Madame Liota
02-12-2011, 08:38 AM
My next visit doesn't cost me a thing, I want a stone

Malcon10t
02-12-2011, 09:59 AM
Guess we will be getting a kids' stone next weekend...

Tinkermommy
02-12-2011, 10:24 AM
... guess we better decide. :fez:

For what it's worth, I have never regretted buying one for the Tinkerteen's birthday. We gave her the location map during our birthday trip with her to the resort (two years ago, I think), and I'll never forget the look on her face when she realized she had a brick.

Since then, we've made a tradition of sprinkling pixie dust on it every time we go (an idea we got from this board). If we're with friends, they do it too. My little nieces and nephew take pictures of their tiny feet surrounding our brick when they visit and text it to me. Sometimes other friends have texted or e-mailed pictures of themselves visiting our brick.

I LOVE having one; it adds another layer of "yay" to our visits to our happy place. For me, it was not only worth the money, it was a tremendous value for 10 years of extra happy. That's my two cents!

MammaSilva
02-12-2011, 10:46 AM
does anyone know if we get passholder discounts on the bricks?

lola2009
02-12-2011, 12:36 PM
does anyone know if we get passholder discounts on the bricks?

I'm pretty sure we do.

Malcon10t
02-12-2011, 01:36 PM
does anyone know if we get passholder discounts on the bricks?KC did when she bought mine.

KarenW2
02-12-2011, 02:48 PM
We bought our brick when they were doing the 50th Anniversary of Disneyland promotion, along with the oak replica. It sits on our oak roll-top desk in our home office and it's a fun reminder of that time.

Our brick has the special 50th logo, our names, wedding date and our current city on it. We hope it stays there longer than the promised 10 years!

SigalTchelet
02-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Does anyone know how much a brick costs?

moofeet
02-12-2011, 03:16 PM
Why is it no one is answering the "price cost" questions?? :confused:

Tinkermommy
02-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Last I heard, they were $150, less $15 with an AP discount. The optional replica was $35, if I remember correctly. (And it's very cool.)

The telephone # is in AVP's post at the top of this thread. They also usually have a nice brochure with an order form at the newsstand to the far left when you enter the turnstiles (same place you can check packages).

SigalTchelet
02-12-2011, 03:48 PM
Last I heard, they were $150, less $15 with an AP discount. The optional replica was $35, if I remember correctly. (And it's very cool.)

The telephone # is in AVP's post at the top of this thread. They also usually have a nice brochure with an order form at the newsstand to the far left when you enter the turnstiles (same place you can check packages).

Thanks. I may see if my bff wants to get one with me. Wish I had known last week when we were at the park.

candles71
02-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Does anyone know....Do we get our Disney chase merchandise discount? (No AP currently)

jrsharp21
02-14-2011, 12:22 PM
Looks like we now have to order our updated family one. We ordered one in 2002 with the names of my wife, daugher, and me on it. We have been meaning to order one with our son's name since he was born. Looks like it is now the time.

PoomShanka
02-14-2011, 02:51 PM
YIKES!!! Thanks for posting this, AVP!! I have wanted to order one for a couple years now and have put it off. I wouldn't have even known the program was ending (I actually didn't even know it had a name :eyeroll:) had I not seen this thread. I'll get ours ordered, much to my husband's eyerolling, this week. Once it's installed I'll carry a litle whisk broom in my purse and sweep it off during each trip.

And does anyone know if there are pics of the oak and acrylic replicas anyplace? I'm not a big fan of either material (well, I love oak when it's still in the form of a tree) but I can't decide which I would want.

kfreak
02-14-2011, 02:58 PM
YIKES!!! Thanks for posting this, AVP!! I have wanted to order one for a couple years now and have put it off. I wouldn't have even known the program was ending (I actually didn't even know it had a name :eyeroll:) had I not seen this thread. I'll get ours ordered, much to my husband's eyerolling, this week. Once it's installed I'll carry a litle whisk broom in my purse and sweep it off during each trip.

And does anyone know if there are pics of the oak and acrylic replicas anyplace? I'm not a big fan of either material (well, I love oak when it's still in the form of a tree) but I can't decide which I would want.

I can take a photo of the acrylic one that I got for my Fiancee if you want to see how they look. I like the clean look of the acrylic. It kind of looks like an award.

PoomShanka
02-14-2011, 03:33 PM
I'd appreciate that, kfreak! Thank you!!! :)

kfreak
02-14-2011, 10:08 PM
I'd appreciate that, kfreak! Thank you!!! :)

Not a problem. I will try to do it tomorrow after I get home from my class.

Disneyphile
02-15-2011, 02:36 AM
Does anyone know if you can order a replica of a brick that's already been placed? I bought one as a memorial for my mom when she passed, and I didn't order the replica at that time.

ChurroGirl
02-15-2011, 02:59 AM
I am curious as to why they are ending it. It is a very popular program and I know several people who have them and are planning on getting them.

This is sad.

ChrisGlass
02-15-2011, 04:30 PM
Does anyone know if you can order a replica of a brick that's already been placed? I bought one as a memorial for my mom when she passed, and I didn't order the replica at that time.

Yes. You can order more replicas also up until the end of the month.

I just ordered mine on Monday. Certificate and details will be mailed in 3 weeks.

It's $150 (NO tax) and a 10% discount for Premium only. (So $135 even)
The replica is $35, but that has tax, so with the AP discount it's $34.25 or something close to that.