PDA

View Full Version : RCI trades

Mermaid
02-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Hi Mouseplaneteers! We may have the opportunity to take over a relative's RCI timeshare. I have no idea yet about the specifics, so I am not sure we will be doing this. It was sort of a "So and so is looking for someone to take over her timeshare, would you be interested?" Anyway, RCI can be traded for DVC stays, right? I know availability may not be awesome, but how is the exchange? Is it a week for a week typically or will we probably have to bank 2 years of RCI for a week at WDW? Does anyone have any experience with this?

GusMan
02-09-2011, 01:41 PM
You might want to look at this recent thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=147483) regarding someone's RCI experience.

Here is the better question... are you planning on using it pretty much for DVC exchanges in general and not really use it within RCI's system?

Mermaid
02-09-2011, 03:00 PM
Thanks GusMan. It looks like availability may be an issue. We would probably look to do DVC every 2-3 years. We are in AZ and really only plan on going to WDW every 4-5 years :crying: but if we had a timeshare "forcing" us to go on vacation, we may go more often. Trades into Grand Californian would be awesome, but I am not sure how frequent they would be available when we could go. WDW seems to offer a bit more flexibility having more DVC resorts. I am a teacher (well, going back next year) so I am more limited in when I can travel.

We always joke about getting DVC but with our infrequent visits to the World, we may get more use out of an RCI timeshare.

3Princesses1Prince
02-09-2011, 09:16 PM
My 2 week September trip is through RCI trades. It's typically a week for a week depending on the trading power you have. Ours is pretty good since we use less points for a week in RCI than we do on our own timeshare. I have yet to see Grand CA available in RCI. It's in too high demand to get deposited, but there are other options in Anaheim that are typically available. We bought into our timeshare to vacation more. DH wanted more non-Disney vacations...maybe next year he'll get his wish. ;)

Mermaid
02-10-2011, 10:26 AM
Is the trading power the color of the week? I am trying to make sense of the RCI site!

3Princesses1Prince
02-10-2011, 01:44 PM
We own Worldmark and pay a fee to trade into RCI. Our resorts are rated pretty high (gold crown) in RCI so we have a better trading power than someone that owns in the lesser rated resorts. RCI gives resorts different "values" so a lower rated resort may have to deposit a 2BR in a Red Week (aka peak season) to get a studio at DVC. I don't know how to find out the "trading power" other than call RCI and ask.

stan2u
02-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Is the trading power the color of the week? I am trying to make sense of the RCI site!

The trading power IS the color of the week: red is tops, white middle, blue low. All Disney weeks are red, so if you deposit a white or blue week you can never trade for a Disney week.