PDA

View Full Version : Expansion connection of Critter Country and Frontierland

Pages : [1] 2

Mansion101
02-08-2011, 10:56 PM
now i know hearing from a Cast Member isnt the best sorce of knews but.... i have heard the same thing from multiple people.

So Rumor goes,

that sometime in the future Disney will have an expantion connection Critter Country to Frontierland. no details on what would go there but the plan is to expand

anyone else hear this ? once again it is a rumor....

cookie7762
02-08-2011, 11:47 PM
I am trying to imagine how this is possible?

Critter Country terminates nowhere near Frontierand... the only way I could picture it is if they opened up the back side of the rivers of america and had the connection to Frontierland open over by Thunder Mountain's back side? I don't even think this is possible as there are attrations (indian village) and RR tracks that extend around the back side of Rivers of America.

My opinion... your sources are messing with you! hmmmm...

Seashellmama
02-09-2011, 02:04 AM
New Skyway!

Going around the other side of the Rivers of America would be a heck of a hike along a narrow path.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Disneyland,+S+Harbor+Blvd,+Anaheim,+CA&aq=0&sll=47.466186,-122.367756&sspn=0.181034,0.352592&ie=UTF8&hq=Disneyland&hnear=Disneyland,+1313+S+Harbor+Blvd,+Anaheim,+Ora nge,+California+92802&ll=33.812979,-117.921479&spn=0.003477,0.005509&t=h&z=18

oregontraveler
02-09-2011, 03:59 AM
I've heard the same rumors, also known as the 'Northwest Passage'
Hard to say if its a feasible idea, but always nice to have plans & dreams.

Drince88
02-09-2011, 04:04 AM
now i know hearing from a Cast Member isnt the best sorce of knews but.... i have heard the same thing from multiple people. ..

lol yup they had a little party type thing for Cast Members in stage 17. it was fun :)
So you're a CM spreading rumors from your coworkers? Do you also tell this rumor to guests you interact with, so that THEY can tell their friends that they heard it from a CM?

olegc
02-09-2011, 06:22 AM
the idea of the Northwest Passage is not necessarily new. It has been discussed on a few of the prominent fan sites since 2009. the idea would be to somehow allow a second way to get to CC from Frontierland - but that means a major change to the northeast corner of the rivers - possibly changing the landscape and digging under the train into the backstage area. lots of ideas for other attractions - but I doubt there is that much room at the far end of the river to do much - think of the backside of Thunder Mountain -maybe with a couple of things to look at. The major goal was to create as second avenue to CC so that it was not a dead end.

Mansion101
02-09-2011, 02:23 PM
So you're a CM spreading rumors from your coworkers? Do you also tell this rumor to guests you interact with, so that THEY can tell their friends that they heard it from a CM?

for the record i snuck in thank you

Mansion101
02-09-2011, 02:27 PM
the tracks would either be moved further away or closer to the river. back stage buildings would be placed somewhere else. disney plans on buying out the rest of the remaining hotel around the resort.

and as for Drince88, i suggest you stop making assumptions of me

and i believe that cast members are forbbiden from going onto sites such as micechat and mouseplanet

danyoung
02-09-2011, 02:43 PM
They are discouraged, but I don't think they are forbidden. And forbidden or not, there are MANY DL and WDW cast members on this and other sites.

Oh, and lay off my friend Drince! There's not a mean bone in her body, so perhaps you're being a bit sensitive.

Mansion101
02-09-2011, 02:48 PM
They are discouraged, but I don't think they are forbidden. And forbidden or not, there are MANY DL and WDW cast members on this and other sites.

Oh, and lay off my friend Drince! There's not a mean bone in her body, so perhaps you're being a bit sensitive.

shes accusing me of being a cast member lieing about news for my own enjoyment.

adriennek
02-09-2011, 02:53 PM
and i believe that cast members are forbbiden from going onto sites such as micechat and mouseplanet

shes accusing me of being a cast member lieing about news for my own enjoyment.

Not that it matters but I thought you'd already admitted that you are a CM? I thought that was already a done deal? I guess I misread.

In any case - FYI, they're not forbidden which I know because there are CMs who post and we and Disney know who they are. They "get away with it" because they don't post information that Disney would not want them to post.

Whether or not you're a CM, you're RIGHT! It sounds like a rumor. :shrug:

Adrienne

danyoung
02-09-2011, 02:54 PM
I didn't get this at all. You presented yourself as a CM. You talked about a cast member only event, and everything that was going on inside, indicating that you were also a CM. I think she was more concerned about rumors being spread by CMs.

Mansion101
02-09-2011, 02:56 PM
I didn't get this at all. You presented yourself as a CM. You talked about a cast member only event, and everything that was going on inside, indicating that you were also a CM. I think she was more concerned about rumors being spread by CMs.

i said use to be one, i work for knotts now. boardwalk attractions.
anywho.... cast member only events dont check for ids lol besides i know enough cast members to where i can just join the group and go in unnoticed

Mermaid
02-09-2011, 03:03 PM

Ditto this. I also swear I have seen you mention you were a CM before. But anyway, it would be cool if they did make a connection, but seems unlikely.

Mansion101
02-09-2011, 03:11 PM
Ditto this. I also swear I have seen you mention you were a CM before. But anyway, it would be cool if they did make a connection, but seems unlikely.

i think its the only place in the park that is able to expand... everywhere else is right up against the boarder. toontown could be expanded but not by much... they have parade buildings and the Entertainment Costuming building right behind toontown city hall

Toocherie
02-09-2011, 03:14 PM
i said use to be one, i work for knotts now. boardwalk attractions.
anywho.... cast member only events dont check for ids lol besides i know enough cast members to where i can just join the group and go in unnoticed

First, I don't think "sneaking into" cast member events is something to be proud of. But I guess I tend to obey rules.

Second, I think Cathy was alluding to the joke we often hear on these boards that if a cast member says something it is most likely wrong! (and in WDW, the culprits are usually the bus drivers who make it seem like they know all the inside scoop!)

Jim Dear and Darling
02-09-2011, 08:01 PM
Seems like it would be a lot of work, but it sure would be cool if they could find a way to connect CC to the backside of ROA and BTMRR and have CC not be a dead end. We can dream, right? ;)

Bytebear
02-09-2011, 08:30 PM
I'd love them to connect the areas. I hate dead ends. I was sooo happy when they connected Bug's Land with Tower of Terror.

SigalTchelet
02-10-2011, 06:44 PM
the tracks would either be moved further away or closer to the river. back stage buildings would be placed somewhere else. disney plans on buying out the rest of the remaining hotel around the resort.

and as for Drince88, i suggest you stop making assumptions of me

I do not think Drince was making assumptions of you. I seem to remember you saying you were a CM and went to a CM function at CA. So it would be easy to assume you are a cm.

And after reading all the other posts, I am glad to know I was not the only one that made that assumption.

Bytebear
02-10-2011, 07:31 PM
Looking at Google Maps, there is room for a path behind the train tracks, but the path from Pooh corner to the Festival area is pretty far, so you'd have to either have a very long road, or you would have to practically build a whole new land to fill the space.

Mansion101
02-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Looking at Google Maps, there is room for a path behind the train tracks, but the path from Pooh corner to the Festival area is pretty far, so you'd have to either have a very long road, or you would have to practically build a whole new land to fill the space.

well i of course they will add shops, attractions, and resturaunts along the path... it could be a whole new land or an expantion. im hoping for discovery cove lol or something like that. small show buildings and im not thrilled about country bear, but if you really wwant it back, theres plenty of room

Bytebear
02-10-2011, 07:44 PM
Yeah, but you'd have to do something to get around Disneyland Drive. I would say just close the road. I also think they should expand Downtown Disney to meet with the Mickey and Friends tram stop. maybe put in a Circ de Soleil tent.

MadasaHatter
02-10-2011, 08:05 PM
now i know hearing from a Cast Member isnt the best sorce of knews but.... i have heard the same thing from multiple people.

So Rumor goes,

that sometime in the future Disney will have an expantion connection Critter Country to Frontierland. no details on what would go there but the plan is to expand

anyone else hear this ? once again it is a rumor....

I was confused by reading this post at first. No where in the above statement does it imply that the poster is for certain a CM. That was very confusing. And the post was supposed to be about the rumor of a connection to CRITTER COUNTRY to FRONTIERLAND. As a huge Disneyland fan I think that would be so cool. Of course this is coming from someone who holds MAIN ST USA as his favorite land. I lovelovelove that connector path they made from Fantasyland to Frontierland. I just love those quiet bends with a surprise around the cornier (BTMRR roaring by or turning the bend to see DUMBO and the CAROUSEL) Rumor or not....I think it would be super cool but of course.....*sigh*.....I am mad.

disney42dude
02-10-2011, 08:27 PM
I was confused by reading this post at first. No where in the above statement does it imply that the poster is for certain a CM. That was very confusing. And the post was supposed to be about the rumor of a connection to CRITTER COUNTRY to FRONTIERLAND. As a huge Disneyland fan I think that would be so cool. Of course this is coming from someone who holds MAIN ST USA as his favorite land. I lovelovelove that connector path they made from Fantasyland to Frontierland. I just love those quiet bends with a surprise around the cornier (BTMRR roaring by or turning the bend to see DUMBO and the CAROUSEL) Rumor or not....I think it would be super cool but of course.....*sigh*.....I am mad.

I agree! I'd love to see it happen. Not sure why this turned into the attack the O.P. thread. Probably part of the reason I'm on here less and less.

SigalTchelet
02-10-2011, 08:36 PM

You are right, this is about a totally different subject, but it sounded like he was a CM spreading rumors because of this post from the DCA 10th anniversary thread.

lol yup they had a little party type thing for Cast Members in stage 17. it was fun :) they had costumes from Eureka, Aladdin the musical, and pixar play parade. had meet and greets with lightning and mator, green army men in front of lotso's truck, we got to see up close the world of color puppets and FREE CUPCAKES !!!! yay !

He was admitting he was at a CM only event, so it would be correct to assume he is a Disney CM.